Fri 4/8 @BOS  9, NYY 6
    Sat 4/9   NYY 9, @BOS 4
    Sun 4/10 @BOS  4, NYY 0
    Fri 5/13 BOS    5, @NYY 4
    Sat 5/14 BOS    6, @NYY 0
    Sun 5/15 BOS    7, @NYY 5
    Tue 6/7   BOS    6, @NYY 4
    Wed 6/8 BOS    11, @NYY 6

Everyone is talking about a Rivalry. What Rivalry?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch

This gets my early season vote for the 2011 Premature-Bragging-Guaranteed-to-Look-Stupid-When-Things-Inevitably-Get-Tense-in-the-AL-East Award.

Does 2009 not ring a bell for you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

We do seem to have the upperhand at the present time.

This is mostly because the Yankees pitching staff is Sabbathia, a closer who although seemingly ageless, is no help in games when they are trailing late in games and an injured Chamberlain.

They paid way too much for Burnett , who while better than Garcia, is not fooling too many hitters. Hughes was hyped as better than he really is. And , really , Colon?....how long do you think that will last?

Expect Cashman to go shopping for pitching before July 31.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch:
    [QUOTE]This gets my early season vote for the 2011 Premature-Bragging-Guaranteed-to-Look-Stupid-When-Things-Inevitably-Get-Tense-in-the-AL-East Award. Does 2009 not ring a bell for you?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

DN:

Except.

Except that the Yankees are two years older now and can't pitch the way they pitched in 2009, when Big Game Andy Pettitte was still around and A.J. Burnett was a lot better than he is now and Phil Hughes, for that brief shining moment, was the perfect setup man to the great Mariano Rivera. Rivera is two years older and so is Derek Jeter and so is Alex Rodriguez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Don't write them off too soon.

Injuries to key players could level the playing field real fast.

We have no great depth at catcher,bullpen, 2nd base , shortstop or 3rd base.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : DN: Except. Except that the Yankees are two years older now and can't pitch the way they pitched in 2009, when Big Game Andy Pettitte was still around and A.J. Burnett was a lot better than he is now and Phil Hughes, for that brief shining moment, was the perfect setup man to the great Mariano Rivera. Rivera is two years older and so is Derek Jeter and so is Alex Rodriguez.
    Posted by thesweetkid[/QUOTE]

I certainly agree that this particular Yankee incarnation is not the quality of 09 by any stretch.  But I also know that they will find a way to hang around.  And I also know they will go shopping.  And i also know that the Sox will have to go through a skid or two before all is said and done.  And, I also know that its the AL East, and you just don't count the Yankees (or Rays for that matter) out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Don't write them off too soon. Injuries to key players could level the playing field real fast. We have no great depth at catcher,bullpen, 2nd base , shortstop or 3rd base.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I think his screen name should have a couple of hyphens. I don't think anyone ever really counts the yankees out until they are eliminated.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Erm, please don't post stuff like this ... really, just don't.  

Last time I checked we are 1 game ahead of the Yanks and 2.5 ahead of the Rays.  We have looming pitching problems, someone's going to poke around in Pedey's knee and something is off kilter with Youk.  Not saying the Sox don't look great but you can never count out the Yanks or the Rays and we can always implode on a number of fronts.  Not saying we will but it is a long season.  Let's just be happy with where we are at now and root for them to complete the sweep.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]We do seem to have the upperhand at the present time. This is mostly because the Yankees pitching staff is Sabbathia, a closer who although seemingly ageless, is no help in games when they are trailing late in games and an injured Chamberlain. They paid way too much for Burnett , who while better than Garcia, is not fooling too many hitters. Hughes was hyped as better than he really is. And , really , Colon?....how long do you think that will last? Expect Cashman to go shopping for pitching before July 31.

Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Can you please explain why the Yanks staff has an ERA that is more than a half a run less then the sawx staff then?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Oh my god, do people never learn??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : I think his screen name should have a couple of hyphens. I don't think anyone ever really counts the yankees out until they are eliminated.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Even a Yankee fan ought to be able to answer that one: The Sox team ERA is badly inflated by the performances of Lackey, Matsuzaka and an assortment of relievers no longer on the squad...

Posted by Soxwright[/QUOTE

Really? So you can just eliminate the bad ERA's and say they don't count? Who, besides dice k, is no longer on the squad?

Can the Yanks then just subtract Hughes' ERA because he's on the DL? How about Soriano's?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Even a Yankee fan ought to be able to answer that one: The Sox team ERA is badly inflated by the performances of Lackey, Matsuzaka and an assortment of relievers no longer on the squad... Posted by Soxwright[/QUOTE Really? So you can just eliminate the bad ERA's and say they don't count? Who, besides dice k, is no longer on the squad? Can the Yanks then just subtract Hughes' ERA because he's on the DL? How about Soriano's?
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Suppose you tell us why the Yankees can't beat the sox with such a wonderful pitching staff.

I'm guessing the word "luck" will be heavily involved in your response.

IF, I get one. You seem to turtle when the questions get too tough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

Good news, the Kid is back!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Suppose you tell us why the Yankees can't beat the sox with such a wonderful pitching staff. I'm guessing the word "luck" will be heavily involved in your response. IF, I get one. You seem to turtle when the questions get too tough.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

No, nizwit, the sawx have outplayed my team, pretty simple really.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : No, nizwit, the sawx have outplayed my team, pretty simple really.

LOL. You're so easy...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : LOL. You're so easy...

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Just because I don't make excuses for my team like the rfn makes me easy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

The Yankees succeeded on the West Coast by playing teams that hit poorly. They didn’t score a whole lot of runs, but they squeaked by. The pitching was good, but you can’t expect it to be that good against Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Red Socks 2ws in 86 years, You call this a Rivarly?
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

*** Please refer to other thread in which babe already beats you to this oft-used attempt at put down.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : *** Please refer to other thread in which babe already beats you to this oft-used attempt at put down.  

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I wasn't using it a put down, just stating the facts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Spaceman...you tossed the following: This gets my early season vote for the 2011 Premature-Bragging-Guaranteed-to-Look-Stupid-When-Things-Inevitably-Get-Tense-in-the-AL-East Award.

Does 2009 not ring a bell for you?

All true...except that the Yankees' 2011 starting pitching staff pales compared to what it was previously. What do the Yanks have after CC? Derek Jeter clearly isn't the same player he once was...and all that past steroid use  appears to be catching up to A-Rod.

Based on what I've seen, the Yankees won't be able to buy enough pitching in late July or August to put them over the top against a good, though not great, more balanced Red Sox team. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]     Spaceman...you tossed the following: This gets my early season vote for the 2011 Premature-Bragging-Guaranteed-to-Look-Stupid-When-Things-Inevitably-Get-Tense-in-the-AL-East Award. Does 2009 not ring a bell for you?     All true...except that the Yankees' 2011 starting pitching staff pales compared to what it was previously. What do the Yanks have after CC? Derek Jeter clearly isn't the same player he once was...and all that past steroid use  appears to be catching up to A-Rod.      Based on what I've seen, the Yankees won't be able to buy enough pitching in late July or August to put them over the top against a good, though not great, more balanced Red Sox team. 

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

And aside from beckett, the red flops have about the same.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : And aside from beckett, the red flops have about the same.

Surely you jest...Jon Lester?? Clay Buchholz?? Ever hear of them, Bambino? But, if you choose not to take my word on the Yankees starting pitching problems: http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/2011/06/red_sox_show_fraudulent_underb.html

Sections
Shortcuts