Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch

In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : I wasn't using it a put down, just stating the facts.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]
    ... as you see them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch :      Surely you jest...Jon Lester?? Clay Buchholz?? Ever hear of them, Bambino? But, if you choose not to take my word on the Yankees starting pitching problems: http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/2011/06/red_sox_show_fraudulent_underb.html

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Last I checked the Yankees starters have a lower ERA than the red flops. Both lester and buch have been inconsistent. the only one on your staff who has been consitent all year is beckett. Can you show me otherwise?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Did you bother to read the article which I posted for you, above? Stick your head in the sand if you choose, Bambino. But the Yanks have been getting by with retreads, Freddie Garcia and Bartolo Colon. No way these guys will hold up over the course of the season.

Not getting Cliff Lee in the off-season is haunting them. I'm not saying that the Yanks are a bad team. They'll win 90-92 games. But, it will take 94-97 wins to secure the AL East pennant. 

Their only chance is to land a stud starting pitcher before the trading deadline.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]     Did you bother to read the article which I posted for you, above? Stick your head in the sand if you choose, Bambino. But the Yanks have been getting by with retreads, Freddie Garcia and Bartolo Colon. No way these guys will hold up over the course of the season.      Not getting Cliff Lee in the off-season is haunting them. I'm not saying that the Yanks are a bad team. They'll win 90-92 games. But, it will take 94-97 wins to secure the AL East pennant.       Their only chance is to land a stud starting pitcher before the trading deadline.  

So you are going to use a red sox blog written by a sawx fan as your "proof"?

Colon has been much more consistent than any of your pitchers not named beckett.

As far as him not holding up, that's merely conjecture on your part. It remains to be seen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

My "theory" is that our lefty-loaded-lineup is built to win in Yankee stadium.

And it is possible that that is no accident. 

Possible. 

-Daf. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : So you are going to use a red sox blog written by a sawx fan as your "proof"? Colon has been much more consistent than any of your pitchers not named beckett. As far as him not holding up, that's merely conjecture on your part. It remains to be seen.

Come on, Babe! Colon is, and always has been, a head case! Plus, he's 37 years old. Freddie Garcia's arm is attacked to his shoulder with duct tape. Are you seriously going to argue that you'd rather have those two clowns, than Lester (an "inconsistent" 8 game winner) and Buchholz?

But, again, if you don't believe me:
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/06/yankees-to-explore-deals-for-starting-pitching.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : I think his screen name should have a couple of hyphens. I don't think anyone ever really counts the yankees out until they are eliminated.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

I agree. Mike can I be your token hyphen-friend?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch :      Come on, Babe! Colon is, and always has been, a head case! Plus, he's 37 years old. Freddie Garcia's arm is attacked to his shoulder with duct tape. Are you seriously going to argue that you'd rather have those two clowns, than Lester (an "inconsistent" 8 game winner) and Buchholz?

Doesn't matter what Colon "has been", it matters what he is now, very consistent and very efficient.

I didn't read anywhere that Garcia's arm attacked his shoulder with duct tape. Sounds serious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]     Spaceman...you tossed the following: This gets my early season vote for the 2011 Premature-Bragging-Guaranteed-to-Look-Stupid-When-Things-Inevitably-Get-Tense-in-the-AL-East Award. Does 2009 not ring a bell for you?     All true...except that the Yankees' 2011 starting pitching staff pales compared to what it was previously. What do the Yanks have after CC? Derek Jeter clearly isn't the same player he once was...and all that past steroid use  appears to be catching up to A-Rod.      Based on what I've seen, the Yankees won't be able to buy enough pitching in late July or August to put them over the top against a good, though not great, more balanced Red Sox team. 

I hear ya Tex.  Looks pretty good.  But, from my vantage point, not good enough to start counting chickens or counting out Yankees.  Maybe its the whole 27-7 thing.  I don't know.  But I think it altogether too early to assert any bragging rights.  The Sox are not without holes and, as we know, anything and everything can happen in a baseball season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The saddest thing for Yankees' fans is many are pinning their hopes on injuries to key Red Sox players.That could,of course,happen but if your only hope for success against your toughest rival is for said rival to suffer injuries to some of their best players,your evaluation of the Yanks isn't very high.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Obviously, you also didn't read the MLB trade rumors article, which I cited for your benefit, above. Here's two more articles, which were written just prior to  the Sox coming to the Bronx, in which concerns over Yankee pitching are cited: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/gm_not_satisfied_with_YRXitQy2VWlJpvD6liWlVI, and http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/pitching_will_be_primary_target_2SSxKlAB85fNTTU1L5xBlJ

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]     Obviously, you also didn't read the MLB trade rumors article, which I cited for your benefit, above. Here's another article, which was written just prior to  the Sox coming to the Bronx, in which concerns over Yankee pitching are cited: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/gm_not_satisfied_with_YRXitQy2VWlJpvD6liWlVI

Of course there are concerns...most teams in the majors have concerns on their staffs, including yours.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : I agree. Mike can I be your token hyphen-friend?
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]

Look, I have nothing against hyphenated people. I just wouldn't let my daugther marry one.

I just think that the OP is trying to pass as unhyphenated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : DN: Except. Except that the Yankees are two years older now and can't pitch the way they pitched in 2009, when Big Game Andy Pettitte was still around and A.J. Burnett was a lot better than he is now and Phil Hughes, for that brief shining moment, was the perfect setup man to the great Mariano Rivera. Rivera is two years older and so is Derek Jeter and so is Alex Rodriguez.
    Posted by thesweetkid[/QUOTE]

The Yanks have the cash to get younger in a hurry.  Gloating is premature.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Of course there are concerns...most teams in the majors have concerns on their staffs, including yours.

The main concern for the Sox is their bullpen, not their starting staff. No matter how you slice it, the Sox have three good starters in Beckert, Lester, and Buchholz...while the Yanks have CC, and hope. Look for the Yankees to try to trade prospects to the Twins for lefty Francisco Liriano: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/pitching_will_be_primary_target_2SSxKlAB85fNTTU1L5xBlJ 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch :      The main concern for the Sox is their bullpen, not their starting staff. No matter how you slice it, the Sox have three good starters in Beckert, Lester, and Buchholz...while the Yanks have CC, and hope. Look for the Yankees to try to trade prospects to the Twins for lefty Francisco Liriano: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/pitching_will_be_primary_target_2SSxKlAB85fNTTU1L5xBlJ  

LOL...first you use a red sox blog as proof...now you come up with a week old article and a rumor about liriano that has been around since before spring training. Does the news get to you slower in texas?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : LOL...first you use a red sox blog as proof...now you come up with a week old article and a rumor about liriano that has been around since before spring training. Does the news get to you slower in texas?

Just trying to talk some baseball, Bambino. If you'd rather switch to personal insults, so be it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch :      Just trying to talk some baseball, Bambino. If you'd rather switch to personal insults, so be it. 

Babe has no problem talking smack about the posters on this board let alone throwing insults around left & right but he can't handle the heat when someone calls him out, he gets all sensitive & whiny...loves to play the victim.  It's okay though, we all know he's just miserable since his team's on the verge of getting swept at home for the 2nd time this season.  Sore Loser. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

One dumb OP. 

I hope we are better than they are and am delighted with what's happened to date, but really, truly don't like saying we've got their number this early in the season.  These are the Yankees, and they have been in the hunt just about every year for a very long time.  Plus, unlike the Braves, they actually win the WS now and then.  They've got money and smarts.  They've got some good players and a pretty good manager. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yankees pitchers are excellent ... keep up that excellence tonight please. 

No offense, Babe, but why not post the Yankees ERA against the Sox, what do we care what they did against the Royals or As?   

I will start you off .... CC has a 5.0+ ERA in 2 games against the Sox this year.

Take it from there ....    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

A team is never as good as it appears to be when things are going well and never as bad as it appears to be when things are going bad.

The Yankees have many problems.  AJ Burnett and Garcia in the rotation.  Garcia gets by with mediocre stuff and as the Yankee announcers like to say  for how long?  Against professional hitters like Boston has the answer is not too long.

AJ is their number two starter and last night  he again could not make pitches when he needs to. 

AJ." If anything’s different, I made pitches in Toronto. I didn't make pitches tonight." That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

AJ has proven that he is a big name starter in name only and not in production

BC has pitched extremely well but how long can he go?  Not that he will get hurt but he has not pitched this many innings in years.

Yanks do not have a lefty in the pen. Logan is showing this year why he has been a journey man through out his career.

The bottom of your line up is a mess.  Martin can't hit and has reverted to the player he was in LA the last few years. Gardner is showing that he is nothing more than a fourth outfielder.  Speed was Gardner's game and he can't even steal a base.  Nick is at 222 with little power.  Yanks third place hitter is a 250 hitter.  Posada is struggling to hit 200.    CF is in a free fall.  In his last 10 games he is hitting 200 and striking out close to 35% of the time.

It is close to impossible to generate any type of offense with this lineup.  I don't see this changing with the type of hitters they now have in their line up.

The young shortstop has some potential with the bat.  The rest of the bench is lacking. It was a mistake for Cashman not to bring Melky back.  He would have 100 times better player off the bench than Jones.  In fact my guess is that he would by now be the starting left fielder.  

Eric C has been this years Nick J.

If Hughes can come back and pitch he will take one of the spots either from Nova ( which I think would be a mistake ) or Garcia.  That still leaves a AJ in the rotation.  Right now AJ is nothing more than a number 5 starter on a playoff team.

Unless there are major trades (because the only player that can help the offense in the minors is Montero) this lineup will be filled with mediocre hitters for the rest of the year.

Too many holes to fill during the season yanks will need to play the cards that Cashman has dealt them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]A team is never as good as it appears to be when things are going well and never as bad as it appears to be when things are going bad. The Yankees have many problems.  AJ Burnett and Garcia in the rotation.  Garcia gets by with mediocre stuff and as the Yankee announcers like to say  for how long?  Against professional hitters like Boston has the answer is not too long. AJ is their number two starter and last night  he again could not make pitches when he needs to.  AJ." If anything’s different, I made pitches in Toronto. I didn't make pitches tonight." That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.  AJ has proven that he is a big name starter in name only and not in production BC has pitched extremely well but how long can he go?  Not that he will get hurt but he has not pitched this many innings in years. Yanks do not have a lefty in the pen. Logan is showing this year why he has been a journey man through out his career. The bottom of your line up is a mess.  Martin can't hit and has reverted to the player he was in LA the last few years. Gardner is showing that he is nothing more than a fourth outfielder.  Speed was Gardner's game and he can't even steal a base.  Nick is at 222 with little power.  Yanks third place hitter is a 250 hitter.  Posada is struggling to hit 200.    CF is in a free fall.  In his last 10 games he is hitting 200 and striking out close to 35% of the time. It is close to impossible to generate any type of offense with this lineup.  I don't see this changing with the type of hitters they now have in their line up. The young shortstop has some potential with the bat.  The rest of the bench is lacking. It was a mistake for Cashman not to bring Melky back.  He would have 100 times better player off the bench than Jones.  In fact my guess is that he would by now be the starting left fielder.   Eric C has been this years Nick J. If Hughes can come back and pitch he will take one of the spots either from Nova ( which I think would be a mistake ) or Garcia.  That still leaves a AJ in the rotation.  Right now AJ is nothing more than a number 5 starter on a playoff team. Unless there are major trades (because the only player that can help the offense in the minors is Montero) this lineup will be filled with mediocre hitters for the rest of the year. Too many holes to fill during the season yanks will need to play the cards that Cashman has dealt them.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I largely agree. You also forgot Cano's lackadaisacal approach this year; here's guessing he's getting l--d too much. Also,

Theo is much better than Cashman; let's not forget he was voted the GM of the decade.

Ditto the Mgrs.

The RS seem to prepare better and are more focused than the Yankees (i.e Gardner) ; their approach with Garcia (sit on the changeup, react to the 85 MPH fastball) was on the mark. Here's guessing the rest of the league shall catch on, rendering Garcia to ignominy.

Cervelli has lost it. Ditto Swisher.

Burnett may have good stuff, but nobody will compare his makeup to Bob Gibson.

Jeter (aka Mr. DP) should not be hitting leadoff anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch:
    [QUOTE]Yup, beating up on the New York Yankees is becoming routine for the Red Sox. It is a no contest. ESPN isn`t happy about it, the TV audience is shrinking. Fri 4/8 @BOS  9, NYY 6 Sat 4/9   NYY 9, @BOS 4 Sun 4/10 @BOS  4, NYY 0 Fri 5/13 BOS    5, @NYY 4 Sat 5/14 BOS    6, @NYY 0 Sun 5/15 BOS    7, @NYY 5 Tue 6/7   BOS    6, @NYY 4 Wed 6/8 BOS    11, @NYY 6 Everyone is talking about a Rivalry. What Rivalry?
    Posted by thesweetkid[/QUOTE]yeah, kind of like playing against jerry's kids right... except that those guys would be tougher competition. we havent steam-rolled ny like this since 1926

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : yeah, kind of like playing against jerry's kids right... except that those guys would be tougher competition. we havent steam-rolled ny like this since 1926
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Confirmed that you are a ten year old boy posting as a porn actress.

2009 is too long ago for you to remember.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Look, I have nothing against hyphenated people. I just wouldn't let my daugther marry one. I just think that the OP is trying to pass as unhyphenated.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]