Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch

In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch:
    [QUOTE]It's funny how teams match up against each other. sometimes funier than others ;-) Usually the people that gloat the most are the first to disappear when things get rough, and their words look silly. yeah that's who I was talking to because like you said they won't be around when it's our turn to gloat mean time i will just have to keep waiting 4 our turn to gloat
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

LOL, it would be hard to top your own shots at your team, even if I wanted to gloat.

Maybe you could teach a class for our trolls and show them how it's done?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]As Sir Winston so famously said, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Two years ago, almost to the day, the Sox beat the Yanks (and C.C.) 4-3. That made us 8-0 vs. the empire and gave us a two-game lead in the standings. All was right with the world. Two months after that, NYY swept four from us at the stadium ... and you know the rest of the story. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be us than them. We're younger, more talented, a bit more solid on the mound, and we have Tito. But I never, ever, write off the Yankees (who I equate to Jason from "Friday the 13th").
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Lloyd.  To bastardize a quote from one of my favorite movies, "I don't want to hear the Yankees dead, I want to see the Yankees dead."  Despite my hopes to the contrary, I just can't envision continued dominance of our foes from NY.  They'll be right there till the end.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that by the trade deadline, they'll pick up a very good, quality starter.  They have the farm system and the pesos to make this happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny how teams match up against each other. sometimes funier than others ;-) Usually the people that gloat the most are the first to disappear when things get rough, and their words look silly. yeah that's who I was talking to because like you said they won't be around when it's our turn to gloat mean time i will just have to keep waiting 4 our turn to gloat
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

It took the Red Sox years to realize it...but the essence of the game is pitching, Zack. Right now, the Sox starting pitching is better than that of the Yankees.

Before the season started, I had stated that the key to the Sox season was Josh Beckert...that for the Sox to seriously content for a title, Beckert would have to stay healthy, and regain his form as a quality #1 starter. He has.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : LOL, it would be hard to top your own shots at your team, even if I wanted to gloat. Maybe you could teach a class for our trolls and show them how it's done?
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

If Kim thinks you're jesseyeric, then you're certainly putting on a good camouflage, LOL. In case she aspires to be the next board moderator, please don't break her twisted rules; then only Smiley, Pike & a few select obedient others would be left. I tried to be nice to her (such as complimenting a few of her good posts, and when she complained about my avatar, asked her if she prefer I change it, then did), but no luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : If Kim thinks you're jesseyeric, then you're certainly putting on a good camouflage, LOL. In case she aspires to be the next board moderator, please don't break her twisted rules; then only Smiley, Pike & a few select obedient others would be left. I tried to be nice to her (such as complimenting a few of her good posts, and when she complained about my avatar, asked her if she prefer I change it, then did), but no luck.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Kim thinks a whole lot of things, very little of which has anything to do with reality.

I hope she doesn't find out I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers fan, who is a Ninja warrior, who pretends to be San Francisco Giants fan, on the San Diego Padres forum.

She does this pike stuff better than pike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Kim thinks a whole lot of things, very little of which has anything to do with reality. I hope she doesn't find out I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers fan, who is a Ninja warrior, who pretends to be San Francisco Giants fan, on the San Diego Padres forum. She does this pike stuff better than pike.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Let's not forget she supported him for exposing the likes of JE and me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Kim thinks a whole lot of things, very little of which has anything to do with reality. I hope she doesn't find out I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers fan, who is a Ninja warrior, who pretends to be San Francisco Giants fan, on the San Diego Padres forum. She does this pike stuff better than pike.
    Posted by "MikeNagy"[/QUOTE]

Some posters, I'm sure, if you called them crazy (which most of your posts about me kinda do), might stop posting their opinions of you. I'm not one of them. I was also told it was just my imagination that the Yankee fans and their Sox fan friends talk somewhere else about posters here. Ask LMR (the guy who gave you your avatar) if that's true or not, since he was talking to (ahem) Jessey while I was posting to him the other night. Imagine that.

Here's some reality for you. Job well done with the Yankee PR work you're doing here. FTR, "Dameon666" was a Giants/Angels fan, but nice throwing in the Padres.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : I was thinking the same thing. Let's not forget she supported him for exposing the likes of JE and me.

As far as Pike exposing Jessey, I thought it was unbelievable that he was posing as a Sox fan on another board since I'd been asking him to identify himself here forEVA, and he always refused. If I thought for a second he was posting under the same name somewhere else, I would have googled it myself. And Zac was listed as well. I'm not sure why you keep including yourself, since it wasn't "NHSteven", and you say it wasn't you. Why keep saying your identity was stolen?

What's funny to me is that you go after Beni and then Pike, and now you follow posters around who say anything about Softy. Do you just like to keep up with all the drama? Why come to a rival baseball board and get involved in all the "family" arguments? If you, supposedly, come here to talk baseball, why do you spend your time policing the forum for any negative Yankee comments, and try to eliminate the posters here you don't like? I, personally, do not get why a Yankee fan not living in Yankeeland wouldn't want to talk to his own team's fans, or at least read what they have to say. It's weird to me that this is the only place you want to be. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : As far as Pike exposing Jessey, I thought it was unbelievable that he was posing as a Sox fan on another board since I'd been asking him to identify himself here forEVA, and he always refused. If I thought for a second he was posting under the same name somewhere else, I would have googled it myself. And Zac was listed as well. I'm not sure why you keep including yourself, since it wasn't "NHSteven", and you say it wasn't you. Why keep saying your identity was stolen? What's funny to me is that you go after Beni and then Pike, and now you follow posters around who say anything about Softy. Do you just like to keep up with all the drama? Why come to a rival baseball board and get involved in all the "family" arguments? If you, supposedly, come here to talk baseball, why do you spend your time policing the forum for any negative Yankee comments, and try to eliminate the posters here you don't like? I, personally, do not get why a Yankee fan not living in Yankeeland wouldn't want to talk to his own team's fans, or at least read what they have to say. It's weird to me that this is the only place you want to be. 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I may have misunderstood you, but it appeared you lumped me in with JE.

This is untrue, I haven't followed the softy controversies, I would just poke around at random and find the barrage; FTR I have at times complimented his posts in the past. Also, most of his critics are RS fans, and justifiably so. Ellsbury? Wakefield? Varitek? Ok, Lowrie I could see. Drew DID help in '07.

Like I've said many times before, I am a long-time Boston Globe Reader who discovered this board as a consequence, and never looked back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : I may have misunderstood you, but it appeared you lumped me in with JE. This is untrue, I haven't followed the softy controversies, I would just poke around at random and find the barrage; FTR I have at times complimented his posts in the past. Also, most of his critics are RS fans, and justifiably so. Ellsbury? Wakefield? Varitek? Ok, Lowrie I could see. Drew DID help in '07. Like I've said many times before, I am a long-time Boston Globe Reader who discovered this board as a consequence, and never looked back.

Why am I getting so many "reply to" tabs?  This is a novelty.  I'm so used to cutting an pasting I almost added your post twice.

Isn't this your post?...

I was thinking the same thing. Let's not forget she supported him for exposing the likes of JE and me.

Who's lumping you in with JE?  Were you exposed or not? When I read the post about the other forum it didn't have a NHSteven. Aren't you the one that keeps saying it was you anyway?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Mismatch?  The Sox and Yanks have been playing each other even since there's been baseball. Laugh at the Yankees at your own peril.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Why am I getting so many "reply to" tabs?  This is a novelty.  I'm so used to cutting an pasting I almost added your post twice. Isn't this your post?... I was thinking the same thing. Let's not forget she supported him for exposing the likes of JE and me . Who's lumping you in with JE?  Were you exposed or not? When I read the post about the other forum it didn't have a NHSteven. Aren't you the one that keeps saying it was you anyway?

I thought I answered this on my previous post, about how I may have misunderstood you lumping me & JE together a while back. And to clarify, I was implicated, I posted offense to it, and when some didn't back off, got sarcastic as a result.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tough series at Tampa coming up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]     Tough series at Tampa coming up.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]That's what I'm worried about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Is timmy starting the first game?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Some posters, I'm sure, if you called them crazy (which most of your posts about me kinda do), might stop posting their opinions of you. I'm not one of them. I was also told it was just my imagination that the Yankee fans and their Sox fan friends talk somewhere else about posters here. Ask LMR (the guy who gave you your avatar) if that's true or not, since he was talking to (ahem) Jessey while I was posting to him the other night. Imagine that. Here's some reality for you. Job well done with the Yankee PR work you're doing here. FTR, "Dameon666" was a Giants/Angels fan, but nice throwing in the Padres.

Kim, you kept talking about some "sideboard" where yankee fans from here complained to their sox friends about bad things said about the yankees here, and plotted against posters here.

I didn't realize that you were talking about the "Trufans" forum. Even Jete who you like told you that you were wrong about the other forum. I don't even remember pike talking about the plotting over there. That seemed to be your creation. Have you ever been there to verify your claims. J-Bay never said plotting went on over there. Where did you get this from?

As to my avatar, I was using one of Pedro pushing Popeye to the ground, and Los suggested I use this one. I thought it was a great idea and adopted it. How does this tie into your conspiracy theory?

Since you have trouble grasping the concept that this is just a game, I'll put it in terms you can understand.

A cardinal rule of warfare is never underestimate your enemy, and that is how I feel about the yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim, you kept talking about some "sideboard" where yankee fans from here complained to their sox friends about bad things said about the yankees here, and plotted against posters here. I didn't realize that you were talking about the "Trufans" forum. Even Jete who you like told you that you were wrong about the other forum. I don't even remember pike talking about the plotting over there. That seemed to be your creation. Have you ever been there to verify your claims. J-Bay never said plotting went on over there. Where did you get this from? As to my avatar, I was using one of Pedro pushing Popeye to the ground, and Los suggested I use this one. I thought it was a great idea and adopted it. How does this tie into your conspiracy theory? Since you have trouble grasping the concept that this is just a game, I'll put it in terms you can understand.A cardinal rule of warfare is never underestimate your enemy, and that is how I feel about the yankees. -- "MikeNagy"
    ----------------------------------------

Keep spinning. You totally avoided anything I said. Not surprising. Again, LMR was talking to (ahem) Jesseyeric while he was posting to me. Put that on any "board" you want. It is telling that a "Red Sox fan" would go to such lengths to defend a Yankee fan.

I may be blonde, and I may not know as much about baseball as some of the posters here, but I know I'm smarter than you. Keep up the PR work, it works for me. Are those terms you understand?

Oh, and let me be the first to "underestimate" my enemy. The Yankees suck this year. Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

This Yankee team doesn't make me nervous at all to be honest. With their rotation issues, I feel like they're playing on borrowed time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]This Yankee team doesn't make me nervous at all to be honest. With their rotation issues, I feel like they're playing on borrowed time.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Yankees are going nowhere with that band-aid rotation of theirs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch :      Agreed. The Yankees are going nowhere with that band-aid rotation of theirs.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

TP:  I wish that this would happen, unfortunately, we RS fans may be getting a tad too giddy.  Consider, the Yanks have a good record and can mash, so even mediocre pitching should, repeat should, make them playoff contenders (agree, once the playoffs start - i.e., better teams and starting pitching they may have issues).  Also, they have a deep farm system and deeper pockets.  Granted, starting pitching may be scarce at the trading deadline, but some teams with a decent starter or two (Padres, etc.), that aren't playoff bound would be glad to shed some salary, get rid of a starter not intending to re-sign with them, for a nice haul of prospects/salary dump.  I may sound like a worried Wanda, but it seems like everytime fans start to discount the dangerous Yankees as over-the-hill, pitching poor, etc., they find a way to bounce back.  This year will be no different I'm afraid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

TP: I wish that this would happen, unfortunately, we RS fans may be getting a tad too giddy. Consider, the Yanks have a good record and can mash, so even mediocre pitching should, repeat should, make them playoff contenders (agree, once the playoffs start - i.e., better teams and starting pitching they may have issues). Also, they have a deep farm system and deeper pockets. Granted, starting pitching may be scarce at the trading deadline, but some teams with a decent starter or two (Padres, etc.), that aren't playoff bound would be glad to shed some salary, get rid of a starter not intending to re-sign with them, for a nice haul of prospects/salary dump. I may sound like a worried Wanda, but it seems like everytime fans start to discount the dangerous Yankees as over-the-hill, pitching poor, etc., they find a way to bounce back. This year will be no different I'm afraid.  --  gr82bme
    ------------------------------------------

LOL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Kim, you kept talking about some "sideboard" where yankee fans from here complained to their sox friends about bad things said about the yankees here, and plotted against posters here. I didn't realize that you were talking about the "Trufans" forum. Even Jete who you like told you that you were wrong about the other forum. I don't even remember pike talking about the plotting over there. That seemed to be your creation. Have you ever been there to verify your claims. J-Bay never said plotting went on over there. Where did you get this from? As to my avatar, I was using one of Pedro pushing Popeye to the ground, and Los suggested I use this one. I thought it was a great idea and adopted it. How does this tie into your conspiracy theory? Since you have trouble grasping the concept that this is just a game, I'll put it in terms you can understand.A cardinal rule of warfare is never underestimate your enemy, and that is how I feel about the yankees. -- "MikeNagy " ---------------------------------------- Keep spinning. You totally avoided anything I said. Not surprising. Again, LMR was talking to (ahem) Jesseyeric while he was posting to me. Put that on any "board" you want. It is telling that a "Red Sox fan" would go to such lengths to defend a Yankee fan. I may be blonde, and I may not know as much about baseball as some of the posters here, but I know I'm smarter than you. Keep up the PR work, it works for me. Are those terms you understand? Oh, and let me be the first to "underestimate" my enemy. The Yankees suck this year.

What did you say that I avoided? You certainly didn't answer my questions about how you knew all the things you purport to know. What do I have to do with Los? Am I supposed to be him too? I looked around and saw a post where Los made a crack about Jesseyeric may be lurking around. I assume that is what you are referring to. I can't speak for him, but that didn't seem like he was talking to Jesseyeric, seemed more like a crack at you and your obsession with Jesseyeric. How does that concern me?

"It is telling that a "Red Sox fan" would go to such lengths to defend a Yankee fan."

My friends are my friends no matter what baseball team they follow. I think this tells more about you than it does me.

How did you come to the brilliant conclusion that I was Jesseyeric? You don't like Jesseyeric, you don't like me, therefore, I must be Jesseyeric. Kind of ironic that you get so upset about some people accusing you of being pike (I'm not one) and then you turn around and accuse me of being Jesseyeric.

I've been posting here for years, do you really think you can bully everybody who doesn't fit your definition of what a "true red sox fan" is, off of your baseball forum?  

By the way, I love to see the yankees lose as much as you do, so if they keep on sucking, that is fine with me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Best record in the A.L,pounding the ball are a remarkable rate,more than sound defensively,eight atraight wins going on nine,three oustanding starters and Lackey could well make it four if his last outing is any indication,not to mention Wakefieldyeah,he is still a legit number six man) and Aceves(some one compared him the Bob Stanley and it could be a valid point)not to mention three or four hurlers in the minors with very good promise(I love Renaud)for the future and Paps seems  back to his halcyon days,with Wheeler and Jenks now back,not the best pen in the game but better than a lot of folks here on a supposed Red Sox would have you believe.all this and still the negatives continue to flow.Are you guys serious,or is it just a couple of chronic malcontents carping and whining under multiple forum names.God,I hope it's the latter because if it isn't this forum isn't worth the time it takes for a heart to beat just once.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The only real question at this point is who the Yankees are going to be able to get via trade to stabalize their rotation, because right now it is more or less a mismatch.  With SEA hovering around .500 and Feliz what should be the cornerstone of that franchise, hopefully NY isn't able to pry him away.  Oakland is buried right now, has good young arms, and Beane is never shy about making a deal (Cargo for Holliday....oops).  The Twins will have to accept their fate as sellers.  Liriano is currently working on another no no but I don't know that he or anyone on MINN is going to  be a real difference maker.  In the NL the likely sellers look like LA and CHI.  The Cubs don't have much to offer, Dempster?  I have no clue if the Dodgers are interested in shipping either Kershaw or Billingsly, but the Yankees will probably be asking.

Right now the 2011 Yankees remind me a lot of the 98/99 Red Sox, when it was Pedro and guys like Ramon Martinez/Saberhagen/Mercker etc...

Colon is headed to the DL, shocking, Garcia can junk it by Cleveland but had no chance against the Red Sox.  Burnett is so unpredictable and who knows what Hughes is going to give them this year.

NY will be fine against most of the league, as evidenced by their bounce back against CLE, but realistically they have to find another legit starter, which I'm guessing they will.