YANKS are about to plunge to the CELLAR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

YANKS are about to plunge to the CELLAR?

rays and jays are on a roll with great pitching.. yanks have mediocre pitching, a mess of an offense with only jeter coming back to save the day... law of attrition will get them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: YANKS are about to plunge to the CELLAR?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

rays and jays are on a roll with great pitching.. yanks have mediocre pitching, a mess of an offense with only jeter coming back to save the day... law of attrition will get them!

A pretty tight pennant race, the last place team Toronto 6 1/2 games out with half the season to play.

The last time the Sox had a lead of this size at this time of the season was 2009.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And to correct the thread's creator, if the Yankees as he/she claims have mediocre pitching then what does every other ALE team have?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/year/2013/seasontype/2/league/al

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Only 3 teams have a winning record when facing the AL East:

Boston     21-14

NYYanks  18-13

Detroit     11-8

The Yanks will not fade away. Jeter and Grandy will return.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

The Yankees are doing extremely well with the cr*p they have gotten this year.  That being said, I wouldn't jump one way or the other.  Trading deadline is getting close, and I expect them to pull the trigger two or three times to try to patch some of these holes.  This year, they might even bruise egos.  Shoot, I think Cashman might WANT to bruise a few specific egos this year.  Never count your enemies out.  NY is an extremely well managed team, and I fully expect they will be in the mix until the end this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Mediocre pitching? Really? This is about as accurate as your calls for the Celtics beating the Knicks as well as the Bruins beating the Hawks, then disappearing only to start another wacky thread, sometimes with a new moniker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Mediocre pitching? Really? This is about as accurate as your calls for the Celtics beating the Knicks as well as the Bruins beating the Hawks, then disappearing only to start another wacky thread, sometimes with a new moniker.

Well..........he called you out with a lame post.  Your response?.....another lame post.....   Tell us otherwise or continue to offer nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I wouldn't be making any hasty pronuncements like this about the Yankees or about any other team in the AL east for that matter.  Still, I don't know if it's their position in the standings, their outlook with regard to injuries and lack of overwhelming talent, their weak showing so far against the Red Sox,, the moderators at bcd clamping down, or a combination of these things, but Yankee fan presence and bravado on this chatboard seems to muted this season.  The Nelson Muntz in me hopes to pounce on whomever is left later on with a very vocal ha-ha.  I'm hoping Smiley-Beni Day (the official end to the Yankees season without a ring) is celebrated early this season whether Smiley is here to cast the first ceremonial stone or not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Well..........he called you out with a lame post.  Your response?.....another lame post.....   Tell us otherwise or continue to offer nothing.

Pretty much. I wouldn't consider your response much of an improvement however.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Predicting the Yankees will be in the cellar may come true sometime during this great season, however they will be in the thick of the race at crunch time in September. I just hope the Red Sox are in first at the end of the regular season and perform well in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yankees have held up amazingly well given all the talent on the DL.  Cashman and Girardi have defintely earned their pay this year.  And let's not forget that the AL East, alone among all six MLB divisions, has a pretty high cellar.  You can be over .500 and be in the cellar.  The Yankees are still winning without Teixeira, A-Rod, Granderson, and Jeter--and Youk.  The Sox have had injuries too, but nothing remotely comparable unless Buchholz doesn't return. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I was beginning to think all the Yankee fans had vacated the premises. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

I hope they don't end in the cellar.  Third would be fine and perfectly bad.  Miss the playoffs and get the worst draft pick of a non play off team.  :D

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

It certainly cant be an easy feeling for NYY fans this year. They have done very well though, considering the circumstances.

Can Jeter and Grandy put them over the top when they return? Doesnt look like A-Rod is coming back any time soon. Although hes a class A DB, he would be an improvement over what they have there now.

Its going to be tough for them, but I never count them out. Not until they are mathematically eliminated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

It certainly cant be an easy feeling for NYY fans this year. They have done very well though, considering the circumstances.

Can Jeter and Grandy put them over the top when they return? Doesnt look like A-Rod is coming back any time soon. Although hes a class A DB, he would be an improvement over what they have there now.

Its going to be tough for them, but I never count them out. Not until they are mathematically eliminated.

Yup, we've been there recently.

Luckily for the Yankees, they have Girardi and not Valentine.

They got off too a hot start with their replacement players, but it's catching up to them.

It'll be interesting to see just how much of a shot in the arm Jeter,Granderson and A-rod will give them.

Their offense should improve. I'm not sure a left side infield, with A-rod and Jeter will be much help, defensively.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They got off too a hot start with their replacement players, but it's catching up to them.

It'll be interesting to see just how much of a shot in the arm Jeter,Granderson and A-rod will give them.

Their offense should improve. I'm not sure a left side infield, with A-rod and Jeter will be much help, defensively.

Left side Defensively? No, more of a liability. But offensively it would be a big improvement.

I dont think A-Rod will be back any time soon though. They have good pitching, but are having issues scoring runs. Jeter and Grandy can certainly help with that. Were only half way done and this thread is a bit premature IMO. The ALE will probably go right down to the wire.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, they had a nice April after losing 4 of their first 5, but going 11-11 in their last 22 games is not all that bad considering those 22 games included a 10 game west coast trip and 3 games each vs Cleve, TBR and Texas plus 2 vs LAD. They now play Bal, KC and MN their next 17 games before facing the Sox (3) and Tex (4) on the road, then 3 at home vs TBR follwed by an 8 game road trip to LAD, SD, and CWS.

Sox4ever

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

Left side Defensively? No, more of a liability. But offensively it would be a big improvement.

I dont think A-Rod will be back any time soon though. They have good pitching, but are having issues scoring runs. Jeter and Grandy can certainly help with that. Were only half way done and this thread is a bit premature IMO. The ALE will probably go right down to the wire.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, I don't take much of what the OP posts seriously.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

As much as I'd like to, I never count the Yankees out.  They always seem to find a way to get it done.  They'll be right in the thick of things, come September.  Unfortunately. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Except for the OP, this generally sounds like a pro-NYY thread --- by Sox fans. IMO, it's surprising the record they have, given the players they're putting on the field.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Except for the OP, this generally sounds like a pro-NYY thread --- by Sox fans. IMO, it's surprising the record they have, given the players they're putting on the field.

Just trying to look at things realistically steven. They have done well for the cards they were dealt this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

Just trying to look at things realistically steven. They have done well for the cards they were dealt this year.

[/QUOTE]

That 92 pitch CG 2 hitter yesterday by Holland of Texas (0 BB) was a microcosm --- when was the last time there were so few pitches for a CG? Even if it was perfect?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That 92 pitch CG 2 hitter yesterday by Holland of Texas (0 BB) was a microcosm --- when was the last time there were so few pitches for a CG? Even if it was perfect?

[/QUOTE]

That was a rare performance. But Holland has been one of the best LHP this year. Cant complain about only 2 hits off that guy this year. Hes had the BB Gods on his side this year. Hes on his way to his best season to date including IP, K's, and WHIP, HR allowed and runs. His ERA+ is 137. Kids just on a roll.

ALE will go right down to the wire.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]here you go Steven(an ouch for sure)Sealed... For this was the fewest pitches to throw a nine-inning complete game against the Yankees since Tigers right-hander Steve Sparks’ 84 on June 19, 2001, according to data on baseball-reference.com, and the fewest in a nine-inning shutout since Phillies righty Mike Grace’s 84 on Sept. 2, 1997. No lefty has thrown that few pitches in a complete game against the Yanks since at least 1987.

25. This post has been removed.