Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez

According to ESPN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez

If this was 2003, those would be good moves. 

And they've already missed out on Jim Thome and been rebuffed for Bobby Abreu.  Can Moises Alou be far behind?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Given the Yanks luck at reclaimation projects recently, they probably both will hit 20 homers, hit .300+ and remain healthy the entire year.Yell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez:
    If this was 2003, those would be good moves. Posted by notin

Sounds like what many of us felt when they signed Colon and Garcia last year. I hope these signings don't work out quite as well for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Good moves on the Yanks part, both are pro's that are tailor made for Yankee stadium. Chavez if he can stay on the field should give them about what he did last year (allow Arod to sit against tough righties). Ibanez if he get's 500 at bats as the primary DH will probably finish the year in the 20 homer/75 rbi range and can play a little left and 1B too...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez:
    According to ESPN
    Posted by WesternOregon

They are both still very good hitters although Ibanez had a tough year last season.  Injuries aside, when you need a hit, or someone to cover key injuries they will be nice to have. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez : Sounds like what many of us felt when they signed Colon and Garcia last year. I hope these signings don't work out quite as well for them.
    Posted by jrh1194

I really don't know why Freddy Garcia, coming off a 12-6 4.64ERA season with 157IP was considered a "reclamation project."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez : I really don't know why Freddy Garcia, coming off a 12-6 4.64ERA season with 157IP was considered a "reclamation project."
    Posted by notin

I see your point, but maybe it was because he only signed for $1M and he had 58, 15, and 56 IP the previous 3 seasons beforehand. Plus, his 1.376 WHIP in 2010 was about .080 higher than his career norm.

Let's see how 2012 goes for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

IMO, the Yankees are smoking something signing Ibanez. The obsession with older (and over the hill) players is getting a little much. If you're going to going to go that route, at least get a gamer like Damon; it's no fluke the Yankees won the WS with him on the team, for starters, recall his double stolen base in Game 5. Admittedly, he completely lost the ability to play the field. The difference is everyone likes to pretend Ibanez can play defense a little; he can't, and neither can he hit anymore; a big comedown from Montero.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Slice it anyway you want to; the Yankees have a better team than the Sox do - even on paper.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez : I see your point, but maybe it was because he only signed for $1M and he had 58, 15, and 56 IP the previous 3 seasons beforehand. Plus, his 1.376 WHIP in 2010 was about .080 higher than his career norm. Let's see how 2012 goes for him.
    Posted by moonslav59

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Slice it anyway you want to; the Yankees have a better team than the Sox do - even on paper.
    Posted by WesternOregon

On paper the Phillies had the best team in baseball last year, and in ST, their rotation was being hailed as the "greatest of all time." 

They didn't even win a playoff series, which goes to show how much game is played on paper...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

On paper the Phillies had the best team in baseball last year, and in ST, their rotation was being hailed as the "greatest of all time."  

True, but I think I'd rather have a better team on paper going into ST than a worse one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Why is this thread still here? Seems like positive posts about the Yankees as opposed to realistic or negative ones can remain here. Funny, that's what I've always maintained. Guess I've finally been proven right on that account.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Why is this thread still here? Seems like positive posts about the Yankees as opposed to realistic or negative ones can remain here. Funny, that's what I've always maintained. Guess I've finally been proven right on that account.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Why are you still here, KST. Just about everyone knows you are another Pike alter-ego, except apparently for jesseyeric and moon. Even the old 
    "girlie cool " quote you had posted as yor sig was obviously something a guy would post trying to convince people he was a female.  Funny that you removed it, Pike.  Why don't you just stop the abuse, pike. We are all sick of it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Posted by kimsaysthis

I don't think this proves anything Kim. Stop trying to analyze everything that happens. Don't know why Moon's thread was removed, but agree that it shouldn't have been.

Steven - as much as I like Damon, Ibanez is the better signing because he can go into the field. Damon has zero ability to put the glove on anymore. It is a matter of flexibility.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by kimsaysthis

I didn't understand why that thread was removed either; it was benign, and a playful bash. Maybe they were afraid it would escalate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks expect to ink Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez : I don't think this proves anything Kim. Stop trying to analyze everything that happens. Don't know why Moon's thread was removed, but agree that it shouldn't have been. Steven - as much as I like Damon, Ibanez is the better signing because he can go into the field. Damon has zero ability to put the glove on anymore. It is a matter of flexibility.
    Posted by jesseyeric

He's a lousy OFer IMO

Sections
Shortcuts