Yanks kicking tires on Youk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Yanks kicking tires on Youk

Not sure how I feel about this. I'm sure Jeter would be all for it. From that perspective it wouldn't be sooo bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Yanks kicking tires on Youk

Youkilis cant play at 3B for two to three month straight anyway.  Yankees will eventually need a third back up 3B.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Better them than us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Well.. he was wearing similar pinstripe past season.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I can just see Pedroia hit a double, Jeter's usual playful shove, then point to 3B & laugh. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Yanks just looking for a filler...they already have Chavez who is just waiting in the wings to return again like he did last year as a part time 3B.  Youk would be good choice for them since he and Chavez are a right/left combo batting-wise.  Sox don't need him on a return trip in their clubhouse - let him go to the Yanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to emp9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure how I feel about this. I'm sure Jeter would be all for it. From that perspective it wouldn't be sooo bad.

[/QUOTE]

Good for Youk ... I was hopeing he was our 1st baseman for this year. For the simple fact is we still could of had Napoli catching games with Ross. Who now will be our back-up 1st baseman? Idon't think Ortiz will be able to fill in over a period of days if needed? Napoli and Youk would have protected that position, Am i wrong on this? Is there an  issue there?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say...........    "SON, like sand thru the hour glass, so are the days of our lives"  !!!!!     WOW..... Who would have thunk such a thing a year ago !!!    BOBBY V. ????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

So if Youkilis comes to Fenway as a member of the Yankees, do we chant "YOUUUUUUUUUK"? or "BOOOOOOOOOOOOO"?   LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

YOOOUUUUUUUUKKK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So if Youkilis comes to Fenway as a member of the Yankees, do we chant "YOUUUUUUUUUK"? or "BOOOOOOOOOOOOO"?   LOL

[/QUOTE]or... BOOOOOUUUUUK..;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i going to cheer youk for whining his way out of boston and then signing with the yanks?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good for Youk ... I was hopeing he was our 1st baseman for this year. For the simple fact is we still could of had Napoli catching games with Ross. Who now will be our back-up 1st baseman? Idon't think Ortiz will be able to fill in over a period of days if needed? Napoli and Youk would have protected that position, Am i wrong on this? Is there an  issue there?

[/QUOTE]

Why not? Papi was flashing some pretty good leather at 1st in Philly this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox should bring Youk back to play 1B.  He is a solid glove who just may find his touch at the plate again if he can stay healthy.  My bet is the Indians get him

Sections
Shortcuts