Yanks lineup now better than Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Yanks lineup now better than Sox

As predicted it took the Yanks one day to replace Cano in the lineup.  It wasn't Choo but Beltran at only 3/45 should be a steal considering we just paid Nap 16mil for two.  With McCann, Beltran and Ellsbury they have a power packed lineup much stronger than ours on paper anyway in my opinion and all three additions could possibly hit more HR's in Yankee stadium.

Time will tell on where our lineup ends up but as of now (only our pitching) is stronger than our NY rivals.  Great move by the Yankees in my opinion barring any future injuries that is always a risk you take. 

Yankee fans should be excited!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Yanks lineup now better than Sox

Thank God Pitching wins championships....and haven't we learned by now that throwing money at things only works in a strip club and that only buys you short term attention.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Thank God Pitching wins championships....and haven't we learned by now that throwing money at things only works in a strip club and that only buys you short term attention.

Our pitching is still oodles better than the Yanks but I think they could put up a lot of runs with that lineup and by the time Cashman is done they will have competitive pitching mark my words.

They are doing a good job, Cano wasn't worth anywhere near that type of money and for the 1rst time the Yankees actually bit the bullet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Yanks definitely have a better line up at this time, but if they don't get some better pitching, it might not matter. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

They are doing a good job, Cano wasn't worth anywhere near that type of money and for the 1rst time the Yankees actually bit the bullet.

Yes and no.  They're not paying Cano 24 million, but they're paying Ellsbury 22 million.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Losing Cano was huge Yankee Fans will find out. That should have been their 1st Priority.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Losing Cano was huge Yankee Fans will find out. That should have been their 1st Priority.

Losing Cano should have been as clear to Cashman as Jacoby was to Ben.  The difference being, Ben still thinks Jacoby was worth it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

how bout a little credilbility test mr brown

tell me what most posters here would be saying if the yanks gave him 10 yrs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Who has to go 10 years? Last year Yanks didn't have much, he carried them pretty much by himself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I would not be surprised if we score more runs than the Yanks, or at least come close.

On Paper, their offense is looking pretty good, but remember, Tex was in a steady decline before the injuries, no Cano, Ryan may play a lot of SS, and age or fragility may take a heavy toll in 2014.

On paper, our rotation, pen, and pitching depth, as of this moment, looks much much better than the Yanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I would not be surprised if we score more runs than the Yanks, or at least come close.

On Paper, their offense is looking pretty good, but remember, Tex was in a steady decline before the injuries, no Cano, Ryan may play a lot of SS, and age or fragility may take a heavy toll in 2014.

On paper, our rotation, pen, and pitching depth, as of this moment, looks much much better than the Yanks.

Moon thats a huge stretch, we lost Jacoby and JBJ will not impact our lineup next season.  If I'm wrong it will be apologized for.  Middy is no answer at 3B and SS is still very weak offensively even if we sign Drew.  Bogy should grow into 3B but I think we still hope hes a SS, either way he will be fine.  We have a very weak overall lineup next season if Drew, Middy, JBJ and Bogy all get significant playing time. 

Even worse we still only have Papi who is capable of a high OBP/BA/low SO ratio and power.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Who has to go 10 years? Last year Yanks didn't have much, he carried them pretty much by himself.

what R U talking about

seattle gave him 10 yrs

whether he's a great player is not the question

question was

how bout a little credilbility test mr brown  or anyone in RSN

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Moon thats a huge stretch, we lost Jacoby and JBJ will not impact our lineup next season.  If I'm wrong it will be apologized for.  Middy is no answer at 3B and SS is still very weak offensively even if we sign Drew.  Bogy should grow into 3B but I think we still hope hes a SS, either way he will be fine.  We have a very weak overall lineup next season if Drew, Middy, JBJ and Bogy all get significant playing time. 

Sorry but this is a terrible post.  Just for starters, Drew's .777 OPS was WAY above average for shortstops last year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

As predicted it took the Yanks one day to replace Cano in the lineup.  It wasn't Choo but Beltran at only 3/45 should be a steal considering we just paid Nap 16mil for two.  With McCann, Beltran and Ellsbury they have a power packed lineup much stronger than ours on paper anyway in my opinion and all three additions could possibly hit more HR's in Yankee stadium.

Time will tell on where our lineup ends up but as of now (only our pitching) is stronger than our NY rivals.  Great move by the Yankees in my opinion barring any future injuries that is always a risk you take. 

Are you talking ( on paper ) You have to wait till the end of 2014 season to  find your answer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

seattle gave him 10 yrs

question was

I'll answer that zac.  Yes, you were hurt either way.  Because you let your best player get to free agency.  The Yankees haven't learned how to do a Pedroia-style extension. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

what R U talking about

seattle gave him 10 yrs

question was

I wonder if the NYY had gone another year and increased money per, if Cano would have stayed. I think Cano's deal should have gotten done before Ellsbury's, as no one was going to give him what the NYY did and it just set Cano off. AROD pretty much sealed the NYY won't be handing out anymore 10 years deals. 

Zac, while I doubt anyone in RSN is mourning the loss of Cano being out of the ALE, I think most would agree, it was would have been a bad signing, if the NYY gave Cano 10 years. Way too long for any player, of any caliber, IMO. Will hurt the NYY short term, help long. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Even worse we still only have Papi who is capable of a high OBP/BA/low SO ratio and power.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think neither the recently turned 25 year old Middlebrooks or the 23 year old Bradley Jr. can't improve next season?  Also, is it possible that Xander Bogaerts can have a "Rookie of the Year" type season?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Yeah, but Sox have a team identity, leadership, and chemistry. 

Yanks have ARod.

*=)) rolling on the floor

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Yanks definitely have a better line up at this time, but if they don't get some better pitching, it might not matter. 

Really? Guess which team led the AL in runs scored by 57 runs last year. We did. The Yankees, who lost their top offensive player as well as a CF with a career OPS over .800, finished 10th in runs scored and 13th in OPS. They upgraded at catcher and at one OF position (I am not counting replacing Granderson with Ellsbury as an upgrade; even Ellsbury replacing Gardner is a minimal upgrade) but lost Cano. I am not convinced that when all is said and done this year the Yankees will score more runs than the Red Sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

what R U talking about

seattle gave him 10 yrs

question was

Just my two cents, Zac, but I respect the Yanks sticking to their guns this time and think it was the right decision. They may miss Cano in the short term, but we know they are not done making moves yet, and that deal is one Seattle will regret before all is said and done.

But you probably know my opinion by now on super-long and super-expensive contracts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Yankees lost Cano, but did sign three of the top free agents. They followed their pattern of stocking up with left handed hitters to take aim at that short porch.  Their pitching staff could go either good or bad, but they should score plenty of runs.  Right now, the Sox are not quite as good a team as the one that won it all. I would like to see Ben add one more top talent.  It probably will be necessary to trade a pitcher to free up some money.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

going from granderson to jacoby is a big upgrade. they now have one of the best defensive CF'ers in the game but also the best leadoff guy in the game and someone who can actually hit on the road.

still, the yankees lineup is nowhere close to the sox'

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Losing Cano should have been as clear to Cashman as Jacoby was to Ben.  The difference being, Ben still thinks Jacoby was worth it.

If Ben though jacoby was worth 22M per, hed be in Boston.

Look how much great pitching shut down the best hitters last year. The SF Giants won 2 WS with great pitching and Ok offense. 104HR the year they won the WS.We have a better rotation and so much more depth. Even if they add another starter, we are still better. That will prove to be the tipping point. Pitching and depth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Sorry but this is a terrible post.  Just for starters, Drew's .777 OPS was WAY above average for shortstops last year. 

Jacoby scored 92 runs last season with 50 SB's, 8 Triples and a solid SO to BB ratio.  I don't personally see JBJ accomplishing this for another year or two.  I want Drew back because regardless what anyone said about him he played great defense.  Bogy in my opinion will continue to make great strides but he is still a rookie so lets not expect the world from him right away.  Either way I like him better than Middy as our future 3B for now anyway.

All I'm saying is expecting this bunch to put up the runs we had last season is a real stretch/wish at this point.  Miracles happen but I don't see it just yet and if Papi's health doesn't hold up there is absolutely no chance.  I think we should move Middy and Lav in a package for a real centerpiece to play with Bogy at some point but if Ben wants to rest his hopes on the youngsters it may take a couple of years to get back to the WS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

going from granderson to jacoby is a big upgrade. they now have one of the best defensive CF'ers in the game but also the best leadoff guy in the game and someone who can actually hit on the road.

still, the yankees lineup is nowhere close to the sox'

People saying jake will jack 20-25 HR now. problem is, if you pitch him low and outside he wont. Also, I think he may have some issues knowing that short porch is there and try to go deep everytime to try and justify the contract. Should be interesting to see how he handles it.

Sections
Shortcuts