Yanks lineup now better than Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Yanks lineup now better than Sox

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As predicted it took the Yanks one day to replace Cano in the lineup.  It wasn't Choo but Beltran at only 3/45 should be a steal considering we just paid Nap 16mil for two.  With McCann, Beltran and Ellsbury they have a power packed lineup much stronger than ours on paper anyway in my opinion and all three additions could possibly hit more HR's in Yankee stadium.

Time will tell on where our lineup ends up but as of now (only our pitching) is stronger than our NY rivals.  Great move by the Yankees in my opinion barring any future injuries that is always a risk you take. 

Yankee fans should be excited!

[/QUOTE]

Wait.  So Beltran is a "steal" at 3/45 compared to Napoli at 2/32?   Is 37yo Beltran's .830OPS (128OPS+) somehow worth more and more realiable than 31yo Napoli's .842OPS (129OPS+)?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Nava is a steal w/ an .831 OPS at the league minimum (and at least 5 years younger than Beltran).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Add another bat?  I hope Cashman realizes he can only play 9 men at a time and is limited to a 25 man roster and that pitching needs to take up half the roster too........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Would a pitcher rather have to get 2 outs and go through Ellsbury and then McCann or have to get one out by facing Cano?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Based on our projected line up, we would be far less expensive and have a much better Infield Defense.  The only question is can JBJ be comparable to Ellsbury?  I think there is a small chance that he could be.  But the great thing is that if he's not, then I think that Boggy could actually be a viable guy in the lead off hole.  I may also consider adding Trumbo (if possible) since I think we'll need more power since (a) no more Ellsbury and (b) if Boggy is moved out of the 6-hole...anyways, even if we concede they have the better leadoff hitter, we are at least as good as if not better in the other slots:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

or Nava could bat lead off too based on his OBP from last year

(I guess people who watch YES would rather see Beltran play than Nava play even though their stats are the same but Nava is essentially free whilst Beltran earns more in one year than entire apartment buildings in the Bronx will earn across several generations).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Based on our projected line up, we would be far less expensive and have a much better Infield Defense.  The only question is can JBJ be comparable to Ellsbury?  I think there is a small chance that he could be.  But the great thing is that if he's not, then I think that Boggy could actually be a viable guy in the lead off hole.  I may also consider adding Trumbo (if possible) since I think we'll need more power since (a) no more Ellsbury and (b) if Boggy is moved out of the 6-hole...anyways, even if we concede they have the better leadoff hitter, we are at least as good as if not better in the other slots:

[/QUOTE] with most of your regular lineup likely in place, i think people(generally speaking) should encourage Bradley to be himself and not heap the loss of JElls on him with expectations he may not match(not saying he can't)..obviously i'm not a Sox fan, but have a always been a fan of kids getting their shot..regardless of team...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

JBJ can be his own player.  If you delete the 2011 season for Ellsbury, he could be comparable but he'll have to develop his own style (eg walk more, bunt more).  If he hustles and grinds out AB's he'll be a fan favorite soon enough......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

JBJ can be his own player.  If you delete the 2011 season for Ellsbury, he could be comparable but he'll have to develop his own style (eg walk more, bunt more).  If he hustles and grinds out AB's he'll be a fan favorite soon enough......

[/QUOTE] agree....just saying he should be allowed to do so without the impatient musings of beat guys/talkies/some fans and such.. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

The club won 85 games, but its Pythagorean record suggests a 79-win team, and more nuanced analyses indicate the team was even worse.

BTW, the Red Sox Pythagorean W-L from last year suggests a 100-win team.  So, even with the loss of Ellsbury and Salty, the Red Sox appear to be approximately 20 wins better than the Yankees.  ;-)    Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

how bout a little credilbility test mr brown  or anyone in RSN

tell me what most posters here would be saying if the yanks gave him 10 yrs

[/QUOTE]

I would have been all over that Yanks had they signed Cano to 10 years.

What I don't get is why overpay McCann, Ellsbury, and Beltran, but draw the line on Cano?  And presumably the Yankees aren't finished spending.

I understand that Cano's contract would have been significantly more than any of the others, but Cano is also worth more.

I think if the Yankees would have been a little more flexible up front, they could have re-signed Cano at about $200 mil.  I still would have been against that contract, but to me, it would have made more sense than Ellsbury at $153/7 yrs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

The club won 85 games, but its Pythagorean record suggests a 79-win team, and more nuanced analyses indicate the team was even worse.

BTW, the Red Sox Pythagorean W-L from last year suggests a 100-win team.  So, even with the loss of Ellsbury and Salty, the Red Sox appear to be approximately 20 wins better than the Yankees.  ;-)    Cool

[/QUOTE]

Crap, somehow I erased my other post.

In short, the Yankees have not improved any so far over last year with the additions of McCann, Ellsbury, and Beltran versus the loss of Cano and Granderson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crap, somehow I erased my other post.

[/QUOTE] shame on you Kimmi!!..you know better than to hit Zac with stats/projections before he's had his brownies Tongue OutWink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] agree....just saying he should be allowed to do so without the impatient musings of beat guys/talkies/some fans and such.. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, I thought this through and the reason I can give him time is because I have at least one other option to use in the lead off hole. We won't be a base stealing team but if we can be a smart baserunning team (in 6 to 7 slots) where we can hit and run and take the extra base that would actually be more productive; especially since I believe we could actually hit more homers this year (and yes, I still have my eyes on Trumbo)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If most battles are won before the first shot is fired, then Cashman is a terrible General.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I thought this through and the reason I can give him time is because I have at least one other option to use in the lead off hole. We won't be a base stealing team but if we can be a smart baserunning team (in 6 to 7 slots) where we can hit and run and take the extra base that would actually be more productive; especially since I believe we could actually hit more homers this year (and yes, I still have my eyes on Trumbo)

[/Quote} i hear you, i touched on that in the replacing Ellsbury's speed thread, saying Sox could possibly run a bit more with the remaining roster speed, i agree they could supplement it with H&R's and good baserunning...i think that hurt the Rays a little, they got away from that a bit after CCraw left.. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/Quote} i hear you, i touched on that in the replacing Ellsbury's speed thread, saying Sox could possibly run a bit more with the remaining roster speed, i agree they could supplement it with H&R's and good baserunning...i think that hurt the Rays a little, they got away from that a bit after CCraw left.. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes and you can also make it up by having one speed demon on the bench that you can use in late innings/close games at the exact moment you need him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

shame on you Kimmi!!..you know better than to hit Zac with stats/projections before he's had his brownies Tongue OutWink

[/QUOTE]

LOL Jete,  These posts were not meant for your eyes.  You're a good Yankee fan, if there is such a thing.  Wink

By the time all is said and done, I fully expect the Yanks to be a playoff contender this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BMav's comment:

Red Sox scored 853 runs. The Yankees scored 650 runs. Do the math. The Yankees then lost by far their best offensive player. He had 107 RBI's. The next best RBI guy? Overbay at 59!

The idea that the Yankees will have a better offense next year is funny.

not saying who has the best offense

doesn't matter much in dec

but some of the reasoning here is funny

U mentioned overybay without mentioning teix will be taking his place

others question the difference between ells and grandy

thing is we didn't have either last yr

[/QUOTE]

The way I see it Zac is last year the Yanks won something like 89 games using subs for the most part and their best pitcher had an off year.

Cano cannot be replaced by a single addition to the club but a collective approach which has to include more bench depth can have the same result.

Case in point the 2013 Red Sox. Agon was without question their best player the previous year (sorry Dustin) and by taking the approach I noted above resulted in a Championship.

If the season started today I would give my Sox the edge.

But it doesn't and the Yanks have time to further improve as do the Sox.

IMO both the Sox and Yanks aren't close to being done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BMav's comment:

Red Sox scored 853 runs. The Yankees scored 650 runs. Do the math. The Yankees then lost by far their best offensive player. He had 107 RBI's. The next best RBI guy? Overbay at 59!

The idea that the Yankees will have a better offense next year is funny.

not saying who has the best offense

doesn't matter much in dec

but some of the reasoning here is funny

U mentioned overybay without mentioning teix will be taking his place

others question the difference between ells and grandy

thing is we didn't have either last yr

[/QUOTE]

The way I see it Zac is last year the Yanks won something like 89 games using subs for the most part and their best pitcher had an off year.

Cano cannot be replaced by a single addition to the club but a collective approach which has to include more bench depth can have the same result.

Case in point the 2013 Red Sox. Agon was without question their best player the previous year (sorry Dustin) and by taking the approach I noted above resulted in a Championship.

[/QUOTE]

How can the yankees improve?  Acquire another 6 Outfielders?  Spend the remainder of the budget on more bats and no arms?   Platoon at every position and only carry 7 arms?  Call up one of their studs from the minors lol  They can marginally improve at the bottom of the order but slots 1 through 7 are already set....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

shame on you Kimmi!!..you know better than to hit Zac with stats/projections before he's had his brownies

LOL jeets, eitherway I have no idea what a Pythagorean is

I suspect something to do with right angles , age  & beards

I would have been all over that Yanks had they signed Cano to 10 years.

thanks for your honesty no sursprise there

thanks to the others who agreed most of RSN would have benn all ny if they signed cano

What I don't get is why overpay McCann, Ellsbury, and Beltran, but draw the line on Cano? 

exactly I couldn't agree more kimmi

so glad they didn't overpay 4 McCann, Ellsbury, or Beltran

And presumably the Yankees aren't finished spending.

darn Bcash hasn't done a thing in 36 hrs

I understand that Cano's contract would have been significantly more than any of the others, but Cano is also worth more.

of course

I think if the Yankees would have been a little more flexible up front, they could have re-signed Cano at about $200 mil.

I'm guessing U forgot about the 300 mill talk

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

greetings HH

good point about agon

while tanaka remains the key

I'm liking what rob neyer said

The Bombers figure to be better at no less than seven positions next year.

doesn't reading some of these posts about how the yanks R done 4 yrs

make U feel old

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think if the Yankees would have been a little more flexible up front, they could have re-signed Cano at about $200 mil.

It's not a question of $300M.  Had they offered him $208M/8, would he have taken the extra $32M/2 from Seattle?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

It's not a question of $300M.  Had they offered him $208M/8, would he have taken the extra $32M/2 from Seattle?

U know what bryce harper would call your question

how bout posting  the  list of players that walked away from 32 mill

not all of them just a short list

Sections
Shortcuts