Yanks lineup now better than Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Yanks lineup now better than Sox

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scott Soshnick of Bloomberg.com spoke with some certified public beancounters and they determined that Cano’s deal ($240M/10 yrs) will be worth an extra $42M due to favorable income tax rates. Washington has no state income tax; New Jersey, where Cano lives lived has an income tax rate at 8.97%. To wit:

The Yankees would have had to pay Cano about $265 million for him to keep the same amount that he will with Seattle…

Cano’s net pay over the life of his Seattle contract is about $128 million… His net pay over the life of the Yankees offer, he said, would have been about $86 million.   

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2013/12/10/canos-net-deal-with-ms-worth-42m-more-than-yanks-bid/#idc-container

[/QUOTE]

that's why if i started a team i'd do in a tax free state - like Tennesse maybe.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"right after game 3"

LOL.

Keep it coming.

Like others here have noted you have no credibility.

A point driven home after every one of your posts.

The major difference between us as Sox fans is I give the Yankees respect for what they have accomplished in the past and what they are likely to do in the future. Posters like you would rather live with your head up your azz and pretend they are not a threat.

Oh yea. One other thing. The game itself appears to be out of your grasp.

[/QUOTE]

I grew up 20 minutes from the bronx and have lived in NJ my adult life.  i'm pretty sure i know more about the pinstripes than you.  the difference is i dont feel a need to stroke them any chance i get like you do.  if you want to talk about what they did in the 50's i will gladly show respect.  but now?  they are a joke of an organization.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"right after game 3"

LOL.

Keep it coming.

The major difference between us as Sox fans is I give the Yankees respect for what they have accomplished in the past and what they are likely to do in the future. Posters like you would rather live with your head up your azz and pretend they are not a threat.

[/QUOTE]

I grew up 20 minutes from the bronx and have lived in NJ my adult life.  i'm pretty sure i know more about the pinstripes than you.  the difference is i dont feel a need to stroke them any chance i get like you do.  if you want to talk about what they did in the 50's i will gladly show respect.  but now?  they are a joke of an organization.

[/QUOTE]

the sooner yankee fans realize their glory days are over and that the Sox are the class of baseball while the yankee organization is the laughing stock of the league, the sooner they can get on with their lives

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The way I see it Zac is last year the Yanks won something like 89 games using subs for the most part and their best pitcher had an off year.

Cano cannot be replaced by a single addition to the club but a collective approach which has to include more bench depth can have the same result.

Case in point the 2013 Red Sox. Agon was without question their best player the previous year (sorry Dustin) and by taking the approach I noted above resulted in a Championship.

If the season started today I would give my Sox the edge.

But it doesn't and the Yanks have time to further improve as do the Sox.

IMO both the Sox and Yanks aren't close to being done.

greetings HH

good point about agon

while tanaka remains the key

I'm liking what rob neyer said

The Bombers figure to be better at no less than seven positions next year.

doesn't reading some of these posts about how the yanks R done 4 yrs

make U feel old

HI Zac,

"Tanaka remains the key"

Without doubt.

"better at no less than 7 positions"

Afraid so.

I got another one for you.

Last 4 teams to win a Championship did it without Cano on their roster.

Any Sox fan that really believes the Yankees are not contenders in the near term are suffering a severe memory loss.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, HH, there are Sox threads on the board. jsyk Btw, how are the Sox doing next season? I haven't seen your opinion on that. Are they OK? LOL

[/QUOTE]

"haven't seen your opinion"

You've seen it but nobody here expects you to understand it.

You along with Slasher have displayed little if any baseball knowledge.

Now run along and let the qualified fans discuss.

[/QUOTE]

Soooooooo it's Slasher and I that have no baseball knowledge to you? That's funny since we both make negative Yankee posts. I guess that must really annoy you. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

You along with Slasher have displayed little if any baseball knowledge.

Now run along and let the qualified fans discuss.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, he's mad. The Yankees just lost his number one player. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

U still never answered this JB

Cano would not be walking away from $32M.  If he still wanted to, he could play the extra two years.  He would not likely get $16M per, but given the inflation rate in salaries, he might easily get $8M per.

do you actually think players & agents think that way

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    If you don't want to discuss it rationally, that's fine.  But I am askin gyou a simple question.

Here is the question you are asking-All things being equal, would I rather work on 48th street for the rest of my career for $800k, or work on 49th street for the rest of my career for $950k.  If, as you are pretending, all things are equal, then we are in agreement that $950k is better than $800k.

But the reality is that $950k is for 10 years, while the $800k is for 8 years.  And the $950 job is actually way downtown and not on 49th street.  And I might have to pay higher commuting costs.

Here are the facts-

Seattle is paying $32M more than in my proposed example for two extra years.  How much would Cano earn in those two extra years?  How much in endorsement did he lose.  Take those two numbers off of the extra $32M Seattle is paying him, and that is the net difference for moving from Yankee Stadium to Safeco.

Or do it this way.  Count backwards.  If Seattle offered him $240M/10, would have accepted for the NYY

• $239M/8
    • $238M/8
    • $237M/8

I mean, do you think it is impossble that he would've accepted a little less from NY, for two years less work?  Seriously?  Bernie took less.  Beltran offered to take less when he signed with the NYMs.  Lee took less from Philly. Peirzinski took less from the RS.  Napoli took less from the RS.  Players take less all the time.

for the umpteenth time we R talikng much more money

do you have any idea where this conversation started

I was asking RSN to admit that if nyy signed cano

RSN would be all over them

and U started here

I'm not sure that was the only option.  Bob and I came to identical number on a projected contract of $208M/8.  Your question is phrased like the only two choices were the $240M/10 or the $168/7.  If you had offered $208M/8, I'm not sure there would've been a lot of negative comments

gawd only knows how we got here from there

If you want to discuss how much less, fine.  But if you think that Cano wouldn't take $239M/8 from NY rather than $240M/10 from Seattle, you either have a really low opinion of Cano, or a really low opinion of NY.

yanks offered 175 and most thought they would go up to 200

your shell game means nothing

bottom line is

According to the person, Cano's agents made a last-ditch pitch to the Yankees on Thursday night, saying the five-time All-Star would return for a pact worth $235 million -- a $5-million hometown discount.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/yankees-lose-robinson-cano-but-gain-carlos-beltran-1.6554071

my point stands

had the yanks agreed RSN would have been all over nyy

[/QUOTE]

Since when do you care what RSN thinks about NY contracts? Is that really your argument?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

A star on the NY Yankees and a star on the Seattle Mariners. Yeah, that's the same in endorsements. Laughing

this read says B4 the roid issues braun in milwaukee was able to match arods earnings

what do U & JB have that says cano couldn't do the same

better yet 2 the point

what do U have to show me the ny endorsements R worth leaving 40 mill on the table

Ken Griffey, Jr. Net Worth, Salary, Contracts, Endorsements - See more at: http://celebnetworth.org/ken-griffey-jr-net-worth-salary#sthash.iiGpsIYs.dpuf

He signed lucrative endorsement deals with Nike and Nintendo. He also had endorsements with Pizza Hut, Upper Deck, General Mills, Pepsi, Power Ice, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes, and Dick’s Sporting Goods, among others. -

[/QUOTE]

You sound like Cano's mother being happy about his endorsement deals in Seattle. You are arguing so much in favor of Cano walking, that you don't even sound like a Yankee fan anymore. That's how far you are willing to go to pretend it's not a major big deal the Yankees lost Cano.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Too funny.

Poor KST and you remain clueless.

If it helps I used to post here under 2004ALCS.

Would a yankee fan use that name? Not.

[/QUOTE]

i like the name calling.  keep it going!

btw...i am guessing your join date of the name 2004ALCS was right after game 3......

[/QUOTE]

"right after game 3"

LOL.

Keep it coming.

[/QUOTE]

The only person who talks ad nauseum about supposed "credibility" here is your Yankee fan pal, Zac. So "like others here have noted" is really only coming from a Yankee fan who thinks he's in charge of who has credibility and who doesn't. Like that's not getting old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Red Sox fans are biased against NY??

Get out!! When did this happen???

Perhaps you should join a board that has more "merit".

The lack of it here really seems to bother you.

just like keeping it real

4 the occasional fans &  those little B & G in RSN

sorry you & KST

don't agree the more merit / creditbility

the better the board/conversation

[/QUOTE]

And YOU'RE the one on a Sox board rating "credibility". LMAO

Not only that, you're arguing over days defending your number one player leaving your team. That's incredible, and shows how far you're willing to go to make it seem like losing Cano was no big deal. NOT keeping ANYTHING real.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Red Sox fans are biased against NY??

Get out!! When did this happen???

Perhaps you should join a board that has more "merit".

The lack of it here really seems to bother you.

just like keeping it real

4 the occasional fans &  those little B & G in RSN

sorry you & KST

don't agree the more merit / creditbility

the better the board/conversation

[/QUOTE]

I simply think Yankee fans should expect some biased opinions here.

I suppose I could go to a Yankee board and make a stink every time a post that was unkind to the Sox was posted.

But, that would make me a richard.

If you were that concerned about "keeping it real" here, you'd also be annoyed by a lot of the ridiculous posts made about the Sox.

But, I'm guessing you enjoy those, "real" or not.

[/QUOTE]

So true! Great point! He only goes after the posts that seem too positive! Gotta keep that in check.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

I simply think Yankee fans should expect some biased opinions here.

I suppose I could go to a Yankee board and make a stink every time a post that was unkind to the Sox was posted.

has little  to do with being biased and nothing to do with unkind

it's about having merit and being true

[/QUOTE]

And who annointed you judge and jury? This is a fan board. There are all kinds of opinions from all kinds of fans. You have no right to tell them to keep it real. The reality is fans of teams love their team -- except you, who loves Cano more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"right after game 3"

LOL.

Keep it coming.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the sooner yankee fans realize their glory days are over and that the Sox are the class of baseball while the yankee organization is the laughing stock of the league, the sooner they can get on with their lives

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it helps the Yankees that modern technology is catching up with them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The truth is we're all posting in a thread entitled the "Yanks lineup now better than Sox" which is a joke. And add to that the fact that a Yankee fan is arguing all over it how the deal losing Cano was great. When we lost Ellsbury, there were plenty of posts, mine included, that were really annoyed about losing Ellsbury. That's normal. Did we want to make that deal? No. But we were still annoyed. Zac is making a case for how great it is for Cano to leave. His number one player. He never once said how annoyed he was that happened, and that Cano is no longer on his team.

I'm tired of his run here telling Sox fans to keep it real. He doesn't have to keep anything real. And like 4Bs pointed out, he never asks the negative Sox posters to keep it real, he's only concerned with positive posts. It seems to me he's living the dream here. Making everything the Yankees do sound great, while making sure the Sox fans don't feel anything the Sox do is great. I'm surprised his pals haven't figured that out yet.

This keeping it real has got to end. It's only one-sided against Sox fans, and this is a Sox board.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

BINGO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

The truth is we're all posting in a thread entitled the "Yanks lineup now better than Sox" which is a joke. And add to that the fact that a Yankee fan is arguing all over it how the deal losing Cano was great. When we lost Ellsbury, there were plenty of posts, mine included, that were really annoyed about losing Ellsbury. That's normal. Did we want to make that deal? No. But we were still annoyed. Zac is making a case for how great it is for Cano to leave. His number one player. He never once said how annoyed he was that happened, and that Cano is no longer on his team.

I'm tired of his run here telling Sox fans to keep it real. He doesn't have to keep anything real. And like 4Bs pointed out, he never asks the negative Sox posters to keep it real, he's only concerned with positive posts. It seems to me he's living the dream here. Making everything the Yankees do sound great, while making sure the Sox fans don't feel anything the Sox do is great. I'm surprised his pals haven't figured that out yet.

This keeping it real has got to end. It's only one-sided against Sox fans, and this is a Sox board.

You have a lot to say. ie a long string of responses on this thread. Problem is not much if any is worth reading.

As for Zac being ok with Cano leaving NY it makes perfect sense. I feel the same way about Ell's leaving Boston. Just wish it wasn't to NY.

NY is trying to avoid putting themselves in the same bind in the future that  they find themselves in now. They don't have the farm depth Boston has so they took the lesser of two evils and choice Ell's over Cano. Seven years compared to ten years.

Boston's depth allows them to absorb the Ell's departure.

I wish he was still on the Sox roster but not for 7 more years @ 22M/per.

Every fan base has their share of knowlegeable fans and some not so much.

Zac may be a Yankees fan but understands things you and slasher can only dream about.

Rather then putting him down you might want to consider keeping it real and storing your pink hats in a closet.

Slasher's response to your post was BINGO.

Too funny Bingo from a Dingo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh.  more name calling.  i love it.

as for knowledge...you honor me....i spent years posting comments to trolls telling them to stick to analyzing darts, shuffleboard, or tennis as baseball was over their heads.  glad to see you are trying to imitate me.....sincerest form of flattery.

here's a dandy:  wonder if you and zac realize you really root for the team from baltimore?

may go over your head but i have faith in you HH.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh.  more name calling.  i love it.

as for knowledge...you honor me....i spent years posting comments to trolls telling them to stick to analyzing darts, shuffleboard, or tennis as baseball was over their heads.  glad to see you are trying to imitate me.....sincerest form of flattery.

here's a dandy:  wonder if you and zac realize you really root for the team from baltimore?

may go over your head but i have faith in you HH.

[/QUOTE]

"really root for the team from baltimore"

Tough 1?

Yankees got their start there.

Stop wasting my time.

I've been a Sox fan my entire life.

Sections
Shortcuts