Yanks might regret letting Tampa off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Yanks might regret letting Tampa off

Tampa's staff can beat the Yankees in the playoffs so if they are playing it soft it may just come back to bite them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Yanks might regret letting Tampa off

They both have to get through Texas or Detroit first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i agree, the yankees are being stupid...like always

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks might regret letting Tampa off:
    Posted by redsoxfan94

You don't feed a team on a roll this kind of confidence.  The Sox have already learned this and may lose because of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

There is no feeding anyone going on. Do you think the Yanks should have pitched CC? Should they have run their regulars into the ground? This is your mess, you clean it up. We took Tampa out last week and you did nothing with it.

The Yanks only concern right now is Texas or Detroit. And I love their chances.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lftsaw7878. Show lftsaw7878's posts

The idea that the Evil Empire is engaging in some kind of orchestrated "lay down", to knock the Sox out of the playoffs is insane. Of course they will be resting regulars in preparing for the playoffs, of course they are going to do what the need to do to set up their pitching for the ALDS. As much as it sucks to say it, they have earned the right to do that by being the AL's best team this year. If anything I would think they would prefer Tampa be eliminated, because they have some guys who ca actually pitch on that team. There is no Girardi led conspiracy, nor (as some people have suggested) do the Yankees have any obligation to run out their top 9 players and burn their best pitchers "for the integrity of the game". It certainly didn't hurt the Red Sox to play for the WC and not try to win the division in the past did it? (although it is biting them in the rear this season)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Yanks might regret letting Tampa off:
    Tampa's staff can beat the Yankees in the playoffs so if they are playing it soft it may just come back to bite them.
    Posted by craze4sox

I have been thinking that same thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by redsoxfan94

If they're so stupid, why are they the best team in the AL, after being spring underdogs to the Sox? Here's guessing they only care about getting their players ready for the Playoffs and/or figure the Sox are shot anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The idea that the Evil Empire is engaging in some kind of orchestrated "lay down", to knock the Sox out of the playoffs is insane. Of course they will be resting regulars in preparing for the playoffs, of course they are going to do what the need to do to set up their pitching for the ALDS. As much as it sucks to say it, they have earned the right to do that by being the AL's best team this year. If anything I would think they would prefer Tampa be eliminated, because they have some guys who ca actually pitch on that team. There is no Girardi led conspiracy, nor (as some people have suggested) do the Yankees have any obligation to run out their top 9 players and burn their best pitchers "for the integrity of the game". It certainly didn't hurt the Red Sox to play for the WC and not try to win the division in the past did it? (although it is biting them in the rear this season)
    Posted by null

Correct.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey guys they DID NOT let Tampa off but they did let Boston off on Sunday - don't let your bias rule your eyes.

Tampa faced the A- line-up tonight, the last Sunday the Yankees but out the C- line-up and even in late inning key situations ARod and Jeter were on the pine.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

At the end of the day, this is a simple case of the Redsox being Redsox. Since when did they ever make anything easy? Of course they couldn't seal the deal when it should have been cake to do so. They had to open wide the door to Tampa. Tampa has not done anything really. The Redsox simply gave up the ghost. Now it comes to two games, should it even come to that. May the better team win. And if they don't... congrats to the Rays.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

At the end of the day, this is a simple case of the Redsox being Redsox. Since when did they ever make anything easy? Of course they couldn't seal the deal when it should have been cake to do so. They had to open wide the door to Tampa. Tampa has not done anything really. The Redsox simply gave up the ghost. Now it comes to two games, should it even come to that. May the better team win. And if they don't... congrats to the Rays.
    Posted by Karlosantonylimtiaco

the better team is always the one that won

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

the yanks gave that game to TB yesterday. The ochestrated tripple play followed by meat ball pitch to Joyce. Redsox have nobody to blame but themselves but the yanks certainly lost on purpose yesterday

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Craze4sox - not sure if you are suggesting the Yankees aren't trying - but I'm with you, if the Rays go on and meet the Yankees in round 2, the Rays will definitely give them a good challenge.  The larger issue for the Yankees is their inability to score in promising situations - ending potential rallies hitting into double and triple plays, and one of your key bp acquisitions walking two batters and then giving up the HR.  With their line-up today, it would appear that they will enter the playoffs losing 4 straight.  Perhaps not a big deal, but not ideal either.  If they do meet the Rays in R2, I have a feeling they are going to wish they didn't let this one get away (last night). 

Having said all of that, if we could trade places with the Yanks right now, I would gladly do it, of course. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from samclemens. Show samclemens's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks might regret letting Tampa off : the better team is always the one that won
    Posted by bhonest
       Not quite true in that the better team does not always win, but the team that played better always does.  Any day's starting pitcher holds the key to his team's success.  If he does his job better than the competition, his teams wins.  If not, they lose and it doesn't really matter if the Sox or Yankees, for example, have a much better offense than the Rays and are arguably "better teams."  Since the inception of the wildcard format, it is not uncommon that the "best teams" do not even get to the World Series, let alone win it.  It's a total crapshoot once postseason play starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Yankees never do their homework about which team that they rather to play against.  Worst part, they do not know who they will play against in the first round.  So they are probably busy scouting both Detriot and Texas right now before worry about who is their next opponent in the second round.  Who know that Boston or Tampa could be knock out in the first round.  Maybe that is what the Yankees rather to see!!!

Come on, Yankees have been playing the same way since they clinched the division title.  

It is all Boston's fault for failing to sweep the Yankees or failing to win the first game of the Boston/Baltimore series!!

Had they won the monday game, and win tonite, we would not all be talking about this!!

Stop blaming the Yankees, blame Boston first!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Yanks might regret letting Tampa off:
    Posted by craze4sox

A 3 run shot in the 7th is not letting them off. You also need to rest players. They've already clinched home field for the PO. I also think, being a Yankee fan, that they don't to see the Sox in the PO. They've got our number.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by redsoxfan94

Could you expound on that please. Or is this just a reflection of how you really feel about your team right now? Playing like LL's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

There is no feeding anyone going on. Do you think the Yanks should have pitched CC? Should they have run their regulars into the ground? This is your mess, you clean it up. We took Tampa out last week and you did nothing with it. The Yanks only concern right now is Texas or Detroit. And I love their chances.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I concur Jessey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Yanks might regret letting Tampa off : I have been thinking that same thing.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox

Don't you mean hoping? 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

technically they're not off yet...let's not forget..with the 1 game deficit going in, they were in the position of having to run the table

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

^ +1 @ Jete

Sections
Shortcuts