Yanks Rays Series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Yanks Rays Series

Currently, as I am sure everyone on this board knows,,,the yanks are in the WC lead 1 1/2 behind the Sox....the Rays are Second in the WC 7 games behind the Sox. With them about to play 4 games at the Trop and the Sox with 3 in Baltimore....a bad series by the Rays could practically eliminate them from the race...since after this they go on a West Coast trip and the Sox are home to Sea and KC .....is that worth having the Yankees win?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Yanks Rays Series

IMO it is never worth having the Yanks win.  You know the horror movie where the killer just won't die, that is the Yanks.  I want them to lose every game.  I'll live with the Rays taking 3 of 4 and a split isn't bad.  The only down side to a Rays sweep is momentum for them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks Rays Series:
    [QUOTE]IMO it is never worth having the Yanks win.  You know the horror movie where the killer just won't die, that is the Yanks.  I want them to lose every game.  I'll live with the Rays taking 3 of 4 and a split isn't bad.  The only down side to a Rays sweep is momentum for them.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]hey JD, i'll tell ya, i just love the simplicity of the RSN playbook..Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This is truly a win-win situation for us.

We play the team with the worst pitching in history while our main rivals face each other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! like I have always said..........I root for the Boston Red Sox and ANY team playing against the New York Yankees. period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

want a rays sweep, want rays to over-take yanks for wild card

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Yanks Rays Series:
    [QUOTE]Currently, as I am sure everyone on this board knows,,,the yanks are in the WC lead 1 1/2 behind the Sox....the Rays are Second in the WC 7 games behind the Sox. With them about to play 4 games at the Trop and the Sox with 3 in Baltimore....a bad series by the Rays could practically eliminate them from the race...since after this they go on a West Coast trip and the Sox are home to Sea and KC .....is that worth having the Yankees win?
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Let's see. Do I want the team that's 1.5 games out, or the team that 7 games out to lose. That's a tough one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yanks Rays Series : Let's see. Do I want the team that's 1.5 games out, or the team that 7 games out to lose. That's a tough one.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is that clear cut, if you think the Sox are going to make the playoffs. With the Pitching staff the way it is and the wear and tear on a bullpen, It may be better to be in the drivers seat for a playoff berth as soon as possible then to defintely win the division. The more and earlier teams eliminated from WC contention is a big plus. Personally I would love to go into 8/30 series with the Yanks knowing that we may be competing with them for the division, but either way we are going to make the playoffs. I will take my chances head to head against the Yankees those last two series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

best case is they split and we take 2 of 3 in Balt - that way we gain a little ground evenly amongst both teams

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks Rays Series : hey JD, i'll tell ya, i just love the simplicity of the RSN playbook..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

You know it Jete.  I have spent many nights in the Bronx being taunted with "Boston sucks" chants.  I scarred!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yanks Rays Series : Let's see. Do I want the team that's 1.5 games out, or the team that 7 games out to lose. That's a tough one.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Hi nizzy! did you see my post above???? it says it all bro!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks Rays Series : Hi nizzy! did you see my post above???? it says it all bro!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]but since noone ASKED you...WinkLaughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

WIth all due respect to my buddy Jete ... Definitely want a Rays sweep, though I'm not expecting it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

We sweep in Balt.  Rays take 3 of 4.  We gain on them both.  I want the cushion with 2nd place more than I want the rays out of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

good question!!  But think that Boston need to worry about winning their own games, period!!!!  

By looking at the schedule between Yankees and Boston, not much difference between two clubs except I think that the Yankees will probably already have 6 more home games than Boston right on the day of the July 31st trading deadline.

So meaning, to play it safe, I think Rays need to sweep the Yankees where the Yankees will more likely to have a roster make up change before the trading deadline come!!  Also, right now the Rays are struggling (due injuries is now on the rise for this club), and I can not see them over-taking the Yankees for the wildcard spot cuz Rays are not willing to add couple bats or pitchers before the trading deadline.  Meaning the Yankees will be agressive from now to the trading deadline to order to get their team to make the team better at the same time to continue trying to make into the playoff. 

But seriously, if Rays get swept by the Yankees this week, and if Rays see themselves falling behind the Yankees and Boston, they will be a seller at the trading deadline.  Meaning Upton, couple pitchers along with few over-paid position players will be all gone!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]We sweep in Balt.  Rays take 3 of 4.  We gain on them both.  I want the cushion with 2nd place more than I want the rays out of it.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]
    I like it! Ready, break!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

well Lloyd, then i guess i should apologize in advance for the wrench in your plans :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Remember Wrigley's Spearment gum ad ? Double your pleasure, double your fun. I get almost as much pleasure watching Yankees lose as I do watching the Sox win and ditto for the Celtics winning & Lakers losing !!! When Sox & Celtics don't play NY & LA, I root for any team that does!

Live in SF and I was even tired last night watching the Rays-Sox game and we are 3 hours behind. I had a sick feeling like our Women's Soccer team shooting at least 5 goals to 1 vs. Japan that we were going to lose on a walk off leaving at least 5 to 1 men on base. Losing that game would have been sickening especially needing to play tonight with very little sleep.

Ok, Ideally I'd like a sweep by Tampa and a sweep by us but I'll settle for them to split 2:2 and us to win 2 out of 3 so Yankees have another loss behind us.

Unless Longoria gets healthy I do not fear the Rays as I do the Yankees who even though their pitching may not be a good as ours---I mean when Lester & Bucholtz get back, their offense is tough and even with weak pitching, they can many times overcome it getting 5-7 runs per game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

yanks get lucky again and get worn out tired rays after sox do the heavy lifting as usual.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Two words:

GO RAYS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

exactly small-package,  the schedule is set up to benefit the yankees every year, it is a miracle we even have a chance against the yankees, the umpires, the schedule and selig.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]exactly small-package,  the schedule is set up to benefit the yankees every year, it is a miracle we even have a chance against the yankees, the umpires, the schedule and selig.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

They PED factory in Fenway tilts the scales in the Sox favor.  Cheats are trying to take what will always belong to The Empire.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm rooting for the Yankees to win.  Let's take Tampa out of the playoff picture. 

This year, I want to see the Red Sox and Yankees finally meet in the ALCS.  And if they do, Boston will win in six.  Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

And we thank you for that package.

So far, so good. Go Yanks!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

[QUOTE]exactly small-package,  the schedule is set up to benefit the yankees every year, it is a miracle we even have a chance against the yankees, the umpires, the schedule and selig.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

true the system is bent for the yanks