Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going?

big papi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

I was told this is the old scoreboard from fenway. The guy had to run out with a ladder to update it. Very cool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Don't know if you can see it but there are dents all over the metal parts of the monster from some hard hit balls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going?:
    [QUOTE]I was told this is the old scoreboard from fenway. The guy had to run out with a ladder to update it. Very cool.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

It is. Ownership put it in storage, knowing they were going to build Fenway South.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : It is. Ownership put it in storage, knowing they were going to build Fenway South.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Cool. Definitely worth the trip jbay. Very nice ballpark. Sausage and peppers were great. Biggest complaint would be getting out of there. There's only 1 way out, three lanes and they had 2 of them closed at some points. Well, that and the supposed fenway franks. Even my buddy that went with me who is a die hard sawx fan and has been to fenway many times said they were terrible.

Granderson after his triple.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

TBINFL truly your photo represents your posting... I would enjoy punching you in the face.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]TBINFL truly your photo represents your posting... I would enjoy punching you in the face.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I'm not a hard guy to find. Come on over to South Florida if you are feeling froggy. 

Or are you not even allowed in this country?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : Cool. Definitely worth the trip jbay. Very nice ballpark. Sausage and peppers were great. Biggest complaint would be getting out of there. There's only 1 way out, three lanes and they had 2 of them closed at some points. Well, that and the supposed fenway franks. Even my buddy that went with me who is a die hard sawx fan and has been to fenway many times said they were terrible. Granderson after his triple.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Hope to get there someday. Remy has been complaining about getting out of there, also. Space must be in Space, on his way down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

What a shame that Babe couldn't get HeadofTed to pose in front of the Ted Williams monument.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : Hope to get there someday. Remy has been complaining about getting out of there, also. Space must be in Space, on his way down.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I hope Space can stop by as he passes through. Would be cool to have a beer with him.

Here's one of youk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]The Splendid Splinter
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

yes he was babe! nice shot. I'm one up on ya babe. I got to see teddy play and go toe to toe with the mick! my two all time greatest baseball hero's that would have been awesome batting 3-4 in the same line up. and in my best boston accent babe I will say you were one lucky bahstard to sit and watch that game. Wink

way back when I was a kid you were either ted williams or mickey mantle on the sandlot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : yes he was babe! nice shot. I'm one up on ya babe. I got to see teddy play and go toe to toe with the mick! my two all time greatest baseball hero's that would have been awesome batting 3-4 in the same line up. and in my best boston accent babe I will say you were one lucky bahstard to sit and watch that game. way back when I was a kid you were either ted williams or mickey mantle on the sandlot.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

That's awesome hammah. I'm a little to young to have seen Ted and The Mick. I remember reading a book about Ted when I was in grade school, I think it was called The Splendid Splinter. Always had a ton of respect for him and had to get my picture taken with that monument. And yes, I definitely feel lucky to have been there last night. Awesome park and it was a fun game as well. My seats were killer. And I also managed to get a ball signed by Girardi.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : That's awesome hammah. I'm a little to young to have seen Ted and The Mick. I remember reading a book about Ted when I was in grade school, I think it was called The Splendid Splinter. Always had a ton of respect for him and had to get my picture taken with that monument. And yes, I definitely feel lucky to have been there last night. Awesome park and it was a fun game as well. My seats were killer. And I also managed to get a ball signed by Girardi.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]
    Sincerest thanks for sharing the photos and HUGE KUDOS for changing the avatar...the one with the two very scared children you were sitting between. I still like the one with the diseased parakeet sitting on your shoulder...that one is classicLaughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : Sincerest thanks for sharing the photos and HUGE KUDOS for changing the avatar...the one with the two very scared children you were sitting between. I still like the one with the diseased parakeet sitting on your shoulder...that one is classic
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

LOL...scared children. The brunette is 27 and the blonde is 29. Maybe you need new glasses. And you wish you could afford the "diseased parakeet".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : LOL...scared children. The brunette is 27 and the blonde is 29. Maybe you need new glasses. And you wish you could afford the "diseased parakeet".
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the "diseased parakeet" line WAs pretty funny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! and I'll bet a million bucks to a donut hole that her name is "Babe" and she is a beautiful bird man. Two things that I miss the most after moving back up here from florida are the wildlife and especially the little lizards running all over the place. I think I told you that I lived in west melbourne right Babe? I think I also mentioned that one day when I was coming home from Palmbay, I saw the game warden and a crew taking a 7-8 foot gator out of the drainage ditch that runs paralell to the street. Something you don't really see too often up here in Bahstaaan. lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]ha! and I'll bet a million bucks to a donut hole that her name is "Babe" and she is a beautiful bird man. Two things that I miss the most after moving back up here from florida are the wildlife and especially the little lizards running all over the place. I think I told you that I lived in west melbourne right Babe? I think I also mentioned that one day when I was coming home from Palmbay, I saw the game warden and a crew taking a 7-8 foot gator out of the drainage ditch that runs paralell to the street. Something you don't really see too often up here in Bahstaaan. lol.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

LOL...don't call the bookie. Her name is Tabu and thanks for the compliments. She is very beautiful IMO and I'm lucky that the weather down here allows me to take her out with me. And I guess she is lucky that I ended up buying her as opposed to someone in MN where she would be stuck inside due to the cold. She's very friendly and quite well known around here.

I remember you saying you lived in W Melbourne. My friend's family owned a restaurant in Melbourne called the Palm some years back. Not sure if it's still there. The wildlife down here is pretty amazing, many things you don't see up north. I saw a huge gator on a golf course once, that's about as close as I need to be to one that's not in a cage!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : LOL...don't call the bookie. Her name is Tabu and thanks for the compliments. She is very beautiful IMO and I'm lucky that the weather down here allows me to take her out with me. And I guess she is lucky that I ended up buying her as opposed to someone in MN where she would be stuck inside due to the cold. She's very friendly and quite well known around here. I remember you saying you lived in W Melbourne. My friend's family owned a restaurant in Melbourne called the Palm some years back. Not sure if it's still there. The wildlife down here is pretty amazing, many things you don't see up north. I saw a huge gator on a golf course once, that's about as close as I need to be to one that's not in a cage!!
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Agreed. A few years ago, was visiting my sister in Ponte Vedra, Florida...Jacksonville area. Was running along A1A and all cars came to a stop. Couldn't figure out why, didnt see or hear an accident. As I got closer, realized an alligator was crossing the highway. wasn't in any hurry either. everyone had to come to screeching halt. I'm guessing they can cause as much damage as deer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/sawx 3/22 - Who's Going? : Agreed. A few years ago, was visiting my sister in Ponte Vedra, Florida...Jacksonville area. Was running along A1A and all cars came to a stop. cCouldn't figure out why, didnt see or hear an accident. As I got closer, realized an alligator was crossing the highway. wasn't in any hurry either. everyone had to come to screeching halt. I'm guessing they can cause as much damage as deer.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Hi "J"! how are ya? funny you should mention that. we lived about an hour southeast of disney. heading up 95N (which is absolutely the craziest highway in the world) we would take a left at I4 I believe and would pass lots of marsh land with gators sunning themselves. What happened to you happened to me and the fam except it wasn't a gator. It was about a 100 year old snapping turtle that had to have a shell on it bigger in diameter than a basketball rim and enough ground clearance that you could roll a softball under it. same as it was about 60 million years ago. florida deputies had traffic stopped so this beast could get across the road. yup! florida is pretty different. for sure.

Sections
Shortcuts