Yanks/Sox II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox II

well, here we go gang..series number two.....Sox with a day off, Yanks coming off a whuppin by the Royals..pitching matchups seem to favor the Sox on Friday and Sunday, but anything can and does happen during  these series...hoping Yanks can come out of this series in the top spot...let's see what happens....everyone enjoy the games a have a great weekend...oh yeah...Carnie..i'm coming for ya!!!!!.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox II

LOL, jete.  Poor carnie is shakin' in his boots...NOT!

This will be a crucial series for the Sox - it would have been important otherwise, but facing the Yankees gives the series a sense of urgency that would be otherwise lacking. 

They need to sweep the series to get back into a groove.

Winning two out of three would show promise but still point to a  long road ahead.

Going 1-2 would force us to hire more grief counselors.

Going 0-3?  I would lose count of the number of people we would need to talk back from the ledge. It would also show that the Yankees are the class of the division. Why am I suddenly worrying, really worrying, about the Rays?

I am determined to have fun watching these games.  But it will tell us a great deal about this team and its character. 

Maybe the series will tell us too much, maybe suggest somethings we don't want to acknowledge.

Tea leaves, anyone?

But I digress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The Sox have the pitching edge in all 3 games so anything less than 2 out of 3 would be highly disappointing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Who has the BP edge? Is that not part of pitching?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

harness, probably the Yanks, but with Sori and Logan so up and down it probably swings back towards the Sox a little, though DRob , Joba and Mo have been going pretty good,but when they are right Bard and Paps are awfully tough... my guess is the edge will wind up with the BP that gets the most leads.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Should be a great weekend of baseball as it usually is when these to teams meet. I say the starting Pitching matchups do favor the Sox, but the Sox BP has been overworked lately and that still worries me a little. Yanks are always a huge threat with that lineup. it will be a good test for our starters...Good luck to your yanks Jete...NOT!! LaughingHeres to some great baseball this weekend!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II:

Should be a great weekend of baseball as it usually is when these to teams meet. I say the starting Pitching matchups do favor the Sox, but the Sox BP has been overworked lately and that still worries me a little. Yanks are always a huge threat with that lineup. it will be a good test for our starters...Good luck to your yanks Jete...NOT!! Heres to some great baseball this weekend!!
    Posted by southpaw777

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Who has the BP edge? Is that not part of pitching?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I think that's a very good question.  Both bullpens have been rather medicore at best so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from THE--YAZ. Show THE--YAZ's posts

"here's to some great baseball this weekend."

yeah, good luck with that one. although neither team is anything to write home about, the SOX are terrible.
    my prediction: yankems win all three and both TITO and THEO are fired.
    at least it won't be a complete loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Here's a prediction ... Sox win 2 of three and STILL won't be at .500 ... geez ...

The Yankees can suck and still beat the bad teams, whereas the Sox find ways to lose to Toronto and Baltimore etc..

That has been the big difference between these two teams in the recent past, and that continues this year.   This series doesn't mean as much to the Yankees.  If they take one game they still basically keep the Sox in the cellar.   The pressure is all on Tito and the gang. 

It is time to stop the excuses and play ball. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe-1. Show -The--Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox have the pitching edge in all 3 games so anything less than 2 out of 3 would be highly disappointing.

Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I would say the Yanks have the pitching edge. Colon has clearly pitched much better than buch this year. They are playing at the Stadium so buch's immense amount of hr's allowed should be of great concern to the rfn.

Even though beckett has pitched very well this year I'll go with CC because the Yanks typically hammer beckett.

I'll give you lester over garcia.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : I think that's a very good question.  Both bullpens have been rather medicore at best so far.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    So far this season, the bullpens have posted these numbers;

Red Sox 114.1 IP, 4.71 ERA
    Yankees 108.0 IP, 3.33 ERA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe-1. Show -The--Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : So far this season, the bullpens have posted these numbers; Red Sox 114.1 IP, 4.71 ERA Yankees 108.0 IP, 3.33 ERA

Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Yup, but mongo the fanboy AKA spc never lets facts get in the way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

yeah, i'd call that MEDICORE, if i knew what a MEDICORE was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]"here's to some great baseball this weekend." yeah, good luck with that one. although neither team is anything to write home about, the SOX are terrible. my prediction: yankems win all three and both TITO and THEO are fired. at least it won't be a complete loss.
    Posted by THE--YAZ[/QUOTE]

you are a disgrace to your screen-name.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

oh, i'm sorry i ruined your day, but someone has to not drink the kool-aide and
    report on incompetence. obviously, the BOSTON press hasn't grown a pair to do it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : you are a disgrace to your screen-name.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

agreed space, but at least i'm living up to mineTongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : agreed space, but at least i'm living up to mine
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

LOL JBay

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]oh, i'm sorry i ruined your day, but someone has to not drink the kool-aide and report on incompetence. obviously, the BOSTON press hasn't grown a pair to do it.
    Posted by the---yaz[/QUOTE]

easiest thing to do is kick someone when they are down.  Doesn't make you special.  in fact, just makes you the umpteenth clown to bash the Sox without any interesting perspective.  Doesn't ruin my day at all.  Its just standard issue meaningless drivel that is part of every day on the BDC forum.  I was merely pointing out that you were a disgrace to your sceenname.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : agreed space, but at least i'm living up to mine
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

j- its all good.  I hear you are a great clubhouse guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

actually, the current RED SOX are a disgrace to my screen-name.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]actually, the current RED SOX are a disgrace to my screen-name.
    Posted by the---yaz[/QUOTE]

then why not be a fan of another non-disgraceful club?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

the reason i want THEO and TITO gone is because i like the SOX.
    if i didn't like the SOX, i would pray that the TITO& THEO SHOW would last forever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : I would say the Yanks have the pitching edge. Colon has clearly pitched much better than buch this year. They are playing at the Stadium so buch's immense amount of hr's allowed should be of great concern to the rfn. Even though beckett has pitched very well this year I'll go with CC because the Yanks typically hammer beckett. I'll give you lester over garcia.  
    Posted by -The--Babe-1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they really pounded him the last game he pitched against them;
    2 hits, no earned runs, 10 strikeouts.

Pretty sure that game was against Sabathia too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]Who has the BP edge? Is that not part of pitching?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

harness, old friend. I think the bullpens sort of cancel each other out. It's the starting pitching that keeps me up at nights. 

I am a little taken aback by the success of the Yankees, though the success is not so great that it has left the Red Sox in the dust.  On paper, it should be no contest, but the Sox have been occasionally erratic and their play somewhat sloppy. 

I keep waiting for the real Red Sox team to show up.  Let's see if it does this weekend.

Sections
Shortcuts