Yanks/Sox II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----1. Show --The--Babe----1's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox II

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : Yeah, they really pounded him the last game he pitched against them; 2 hits, no earned runs, 10 strikeouts. Pretty sure that game was against Sabathia too.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

I know reading comprehension is not one of your strong points (not that we have seen any) but I said typically, which means not every time.

Please do try to follow along as difficult as it may be for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : harness, old friend. I think the bullpens sort of cancel each other out. It's the starting pitching that keeps me up at nights.  I am a little taken aback by the success of the Yankees, though the success is not so great that it has left the Red Sox in the dust.  On paper, it should be no contest, but the Sox have been occasionally erratic and their play somewhat sloppy.  I keep waiting for the real Red Sox team to show up.  Let's see if it does this weekend.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE] Summer, i just hope my fellow Yank fans keep in mind that you guys were also in a mini-scuflle prior to our 1st series, and look what happened.. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : I know reading comprehension is not one of your strong points (not that we have seen any) but I said typically, which means not every time. Please do try to follow along as difficult as it may be for you.
    Posted by --The--Babe----1[/QUOTE]

i'm glad you think last years stats are relevant. I don't in this case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----1. Show --The--Babe----1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : i'm glad you think last years stats are relevant. I don't in this case.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

So you will take the one game sample size from this year vs the sample size of the rest of his career?

It does show that you don't think, glad you admitted to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : Summer, i just hope my fellow Yank fans keep in mind that you guys were also in a mini-scuflle prior to our 1st series, and look what happened.. 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

True dat, Jete! Thanks for shaking my failing memory.  (As Bette Davis once said, "Growing old ain't for sissies.")

Tongue out

As I posted in another thread, no predictions and no whining on my part.  Let's play the games and see what happens. 

It is too easy to say, though, that the team that takes 2 out of 3 can consider the weekend a success.  But if there are any sweeps in the offing, then the losing team should re-think where they are mentally and what they are doing physically. 

I may be attributing more importance than necessary to this weekend, but...as the blind carpenter once said...we'll see, as he picked up his hammer and saw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

so Babe, are you flying up to take in any of the games at the stadium or are you gonna watch them at your favorite watering hole???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : So you will take the one game sample size from this year vs the sample size of the rest of his career? It does show that you don't think, glad you admitted to it.  
    Posted by --The--Babe----1[/QUOTE]

Considering how badly the Yankees havew played recently and how well Beckett has pitched, not just in one game, but all spring, yeah, I will. If you're lucky, CC will keep it close.

Enjoy the game, Skippy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----1. Show --The--Babe----1's posts

[QUOTE]so Babe, are you flying up to take in any of the games at the stadium or are you gonna watch them at your favorite watering hole???

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Not for this weekend. Actually going out to Wrigley in June to watch the Yanks play the cubs. Never been to Wrigley so I am looking forward to it.

Undecided if I want to fly up later in the season for some games or I might fly to NO to see the Giants play the saints this fall.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox II : True dat, Jete! Thanks for shaking my failing memory.  (As Bette Davis once said, "Growing old ain't for sissies.") As I posted in another thread, no predictions and no whining on my part.  Let's play the games and see what happens.  It is too easy to say, though, that the team that takes 2 out of 3 can consider the weekend a success.  But if there are any sweeps in the offing, then the losing team should re-think where they are mentally and what they are doing physically.  I may be attributing more importance than necessary to this weekend, but...as the blind carpenter once said...we'll see, as he picked up his hammer and saw.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]
    At this point, 2 out of 3 by the Yanks will be at least a minor success. The same for Boston, exept that they will gain only one game. The burden is on the Sox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

It's gonna be an intense weekend, that's for sure! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

oh my what a lovely new avatar you have there you cute little artist you!Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

luv your new avatar yoshimi; you rock girl!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]It's gonna be an intense weekend, that's for sure! 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Whoa, Yoshimi!  A rockin' new avatar.  Literally.

Nice!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]oh my what a lovely new avatar you have there you cute little artist you!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]guitar chicks rock!!..Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! ya think Jetes????? they really do, especially this one who is also one helluva a martial artist too. gotta tell you jetes, that gals with blackbelts are such a turn on!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]ha! ya think Jetes????? they really do, especially this one who is also one helluva a martial artist too. gotta tell you jetes, that gals with blackbelts are such a turn on!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

hahaha.  The collective lusting for Yoshimi's avatars on this board is staggering.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey everyone..have a great w/e and enjoy the games, celebrating my anny. this weekend so might not have time to pop in...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]hey everyone..have a great w/e and enjoy the games, celebrating my anny. this weekend so might not have time to pop in...
     thanks, you too jete.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]hey everyone..have a great w/e and enjoy the games, celebrating my anny. this weekend so might not have time to pop in...

does your wife know you're planning on being that "busy"?Tongue out

at least you'll have something to celebrate this weekend jeteWink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

You guys crack me up! 

Happy Anniversary, Jete!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Summer, i just hope my fellow Yank fans keep in mind that you guys were also in a mini-scuflle prior to our 1st series, and look what happened..

I remember jeets

it was pretty embarrassing & depressing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Let's do this!!!! Bring it on!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts