Yanks./Sox II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks./Sox II

Morning all...series number two begins at YS with the Sox in 1st place, the Yanks coming off of a 4 game sweep by the Mets and the Sox having split the 4 games vs Philly...the teams have undergone a reversal of fortunes since the first series which the Sox won two of three, Yanks have come down a bit from their play at the start of this month, while the Sox scuffled a bit but have picked up their level of play..injuries still a factor on the NY side though a few returns from injury are happening, should be a good series nonetheless as they are always hard fought no matter what the teams situations are at the time....  Game 1 pits Jon Lester against CC Sabathia...everyone have a great weekend...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Yanks./Sox II

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Morning all...series number two begins at YS with the Sox in 1st place, the Yanks coming off of a 4 game sweep by the Mets and the Sox having split the 4 games vs Philly...the teams have undergone a reversal of fortunes since the first series which the Sox won two of three, Yanks have come down a bit from their play at the start of this month, while the Sox scuffled a bit but have picked up their level of play..injuries still a factor on the NY side though a few returns from injury are happening, should be a good series nonetheless as they are always hard fought no matter what the teams situations are at the time....  Game 1 pits Jon Lester against CC Sabathia...everyone have a great weekend...

You know how it goes, Jete.

Lester vs CC looks like a great matchup, so it'll probably be a slugfest.

Doubront vs Hughes will be the pitchers duel. LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

You know how it goes, Jete.

Lester vs CC looks like a great matchup, so it'll probably be a slugfest.

Doubront vs Hughes will be the pitchers duel. LOL

it could be a one-way slugfest if CC doesn't get his s_ _ _t together...if the weather holds true, Saturday's game might be a war of attrition, gonna be a sauna, as great as the seats are,  i would NOT wanna be sitting in the field boxes tomorrow Sealed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

one thing for sure brother "B"..............finally were gonna have some real honest to goodness baseball weather.

mmmm mmmm mmmm! big poppi and the right field short porch.....

let's get it on bro!Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

one thing for sure brother "B"..............finally were gonna have some real honest to goodness baseball weather.

let's get it on bro!Wink

It's about time summer got to New England!

Good thing they're all night games, Jete.

It'll still be roasting in the field box seats, at 7:00 pm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

let's get it on bro!Wink

Mornin' Big D, definitely gonna be great weather, Yanks need these, can't afford to let you guys seperate, but as for homers given the pitchers i bet we see more opposite field HR's than we expect..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Youk and Teix are back, should be a great series, looking forward to four-hour long games and all decided by one run in favor of the Sox!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Michael Kay: "SEEEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAA another home run by David Ortiz, his third of the game and the Red Sox are up 14-0 here in the 9th inning!!!"  Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i can do without the 4 hour games.  tonights matchup is "must see" tv.

predicting Liza tonight and Sunday.  Frank on saturday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

ah slasher my friend!!!!!! about your avatar.......just a thought mind you but it's hard to focus on your posts if you catch my drift...........oy veh!Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Here we go round two!!!   Laughing

I'm sure Pedro was just joking.   LOL

Like I said, I'm sure Pedro was just joking.   LOL

I'll admit, the ball was not even close to hitting Manny.  LOL

I agree with how CT is divided!!!   LOL

I remember when this was all over the news    LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL...especially Sunday...it's almost like a West Coast game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

LOL...especially Sunday...it's almost like a West Coast game

Agreed.

They can play Friday and Sat night for as long as they want.

But, Sunday night? Give us working folks a break!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Good time for this series. Baesball needs it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Always a good series no matter what each teams current situation is. Both teams always seem to step up. Gonna be a hot one this weekend. Everybody stay cool!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

*LIKE*

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This is good stuff.  Sweltering weekend in the Bronx as the season hits June.  And, Sox and Yanks battling for AL BEast supremacy early.  Nary a pundit or BDC blowhard figured either of these clubs for anything but also-rans ... oh, I have the feeling there is going to be a touch of bad blood introduced this weekend.  A little head-hunting?  Over zealous take out slide?  Home plate collision?  Youk?  We shall see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

This is good stuff.  Sweltering weekend in the Bronx as the season hits June.  And, Sox and Yanks battling for AL BEast supremacy early.  Nary a pundit or BDC blowhard figured either of these clubs for anything but also-rans ... oh, I have the feeling there is going to be a touch of bad blood introduced this weekend.  A little head-hunting?  Over zealous take out slide?  Home plate collision?  Youk?  We shall see.

all part of what makes Yanks/Sox watchable, but the Yanks have been on the wrong end of too many wayward pitches to suit me, no more DL paperwork please Tongue Out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

all part of what makes Yanks/Sox watchable, but the Yanks have been on the wrong end of too many wayward pitches to suit me, no more DL paperwork please Tongue Out

No worries, Buch has all the rosin and bullfrog he needs Sealed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Sat's gm will have to be followed on iphone, gm1 for the B's is must watch that night. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Season is always a series of ups and downs hopefully the return of Youk and Tex liven up this offense, the pitching has not been all that bad but it is difficult to win games when you can only score 1 run.

Spent the day with the chainsaw cleaning up outside, a tornado blew through here Wednesday night, 125 mph winds lots of big old trees of all kinds on my property which I love but there is a price to pay whenever we have high winds.

I was sitting in the screened in porch at the back of the house reading having an adult beverage when it blew through first it got got real dark and then it exploded the rain hit like a tidal wave horizontally right into my porch I thought the trees behind my home were going to be ripped right out of the ground I decided to go inside before I made like Dorothy. Two days w/o power but I have a natural gas Generac generator that runs off my home service which is worth it's weight in gold.

Lots of big old trees down in all the neighborhoods around my home, some pulled right out the ground by their roots.

Now I'm ready for some baseball tonight and to watch the best rivalry in all of sports, good luck pray for good umping and no punching below the belt.Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hopefully no CB Buckner,  Laz Diaz , Angel Hernandez or Joe West calling balls and strikes.

Those four are the worst of the worst imo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's great to see a Sox - Yankees series that's bringing excitement back to the rivalry again.Hopefully,both teams can stay in contention until October.

Have a great weekend and I hope everyone enjoys the games. 

GO RED SOX !!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

game 1 to the Yanks 4-1...to even season series at 2-2...terrfic job by Sabathia, Jon Lester takes the loss only third career loss to the Yanks(7-3)....offense gets boost from return of Tex and Youk..Game 2(on FOX) pits Felix Doubrount vs Phil Hughes...