Yanks./Sox II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Yanks./Sox II

Amazingly, I got the game on my iPad.  I thought last nights home plate umpire was also erratic, taking obvious strikes away from both sides pitchers.  That should have favored Hughes.

Cashman and Girardi have worked miracles this year, but I'll bet they are envious of those two rookies, Iglesias and Bradley, in the Sox lineup.

Youk and Tex don't quite have their timing back.  Understandable.

Thanks for starting this thread, Jete.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Season is always a series of ups and downs hopefully the return of Youk and Tex liven up this offense, the pitching has not been all that bad but it is difficult to win games when you can only score 1 run.

Spent the day with the chainsaw cleaning up outside, a tornado blew through here Wednesday night, 125 mph winds lots of big old trees of all kinds on my property which I love but there is a price to pay whenever we have high winds.

I was sitting in the screened in porch at the back of the house reading having an adult beverage when it blew through first it got got real dark and then it exploded the rain hit like a tidal wave horizontally right into my porch I thought the trees behind my home were going to be ripped right out of the ground I decided to go inside before I made like Dorothy. Two days w/o power but I have a natural gas Generac generator that runs off my home service which is worth it's weight in gold.

Lots of big old trees down in all the neighborhoods around my home, some pulled right out the ground by their roots.

Now I'm ready for some baseball tonight and to watch the best rivalry in all of sports, good luck pray for good umping and no punching below the belt.Laughing

"Generac"

Something in common. Have a generac model 6244 waiting for the contractor to run 70' of 1 1/4 black gas pipe , pour the concrete pad and wire the transfer box to my panel. Gas company needs to upgrade my meter from a 250 to a 425. They tell me it makes no more noise than a car at idle.

Sounds similar to what I have. It does a startup and selftest weekly for 15 mins the time and day set and determined by you I sometimes forget to listen for it and miss the weekly test because it is quiet.

Great investment.

The 6244 is new this year. Replaces the 5875 which is also a 20kw unit. I don't have the trees you have being on the shore but still lose power like everybody else. Until now I was using a small portable with min. capability. For around 10K installed it will be a great investment.

Mine is probably 5-6 years old installed by the previous owners.

The only problem I have is that if there is a local power failure my internet/phone/cable carrier Time Warner cable goes down about 15 mins after the power.

They have equip mounted up on a telephone pole in front of my lot down by the road. Obviously on back-up battery good for only 15 mins. After the tornado ripped through last week they put a gas generator down there chained to the pole so we would have service.

I do have a contractor come by annually check the battery, change the oil, filter, plug, so I can sleep at night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

Great game for CC.

Actually, we're lucky it was only 4-1.

Being an ex-pitcher, today reaffirmed my disgust for the blind-bats in blue.  I really think they blew calls on good pitches by Lester.

But, no excuses.

Amp they all have their own strike zones, it is absolutely inconsistent behind umps. That guy called a lot of low strikes. I could Lester frustrated with pitches he thought he should have had.

I expect some fireworks tonight with Hughes on the mound who gives up the long ball.

Mornin' TWM..i agree about Hughes, would be thrilled to see him pitch a great game, but if not.. i'd rather see him get knocked around from being aggressive than going to a 3-ball count on every other batter...

Morning Jetes

With the two going tonight who each have a history of inconsistency I would not wage a bet on this one.

I'm guessing a high scoring battle of the pens unless one of the two gets into a good rhythm.

I just see the Sox hitters who have seen Hughes many times waiting on his fastball even if he looks good early on.

Even when Hughes is on the 2nd to 3rd time through the order is when you usually see the moon shots.

Unless he turns it around I don't see him here next season, whether the Yankees move him this season is the question. He would do much better in a large stadium being the fly ball pitcher that he has evolved into.

Nova and Nuno in the rotation at AAA to be stretched out for possible injuries they say but I think otherwise.

Hughes is on the bubble.

Jetes, I guess I called this one. Sure looked like a Phil Hughes vintage fastball Napoli deposited into the bleachers.

LOL..yes you did... i silently cursed you as that ball headed towards the seats Tongue OutWink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Great game for CC.

Actually, we're lucky it was only 4-1.

Being an ex-pitcher, today reaffirmed my disgust for the blind-bats in blue.  I really think they blew calls on good pitches by Lester.

But, no excuses.

Amp they all have their own strike zones, it is absolutely inconsistent behind umps. That guy called a lot of low strikes. I could Lester frustrated with pitches he thought he should have had.

I expect some fireworks tonight with Hughes on the mound who gives up the long ball.

Mornin' TWM..i agree about Hughes, would be thrilled to see him pitch a great game, but if not.. i'd rather see him get knocked around from being aggressive than going to a 3-ball count on every other batter...

Morning Jetes

With the two going tonight who each have a history of inconsistency I would not wage a bet on this one.

I'm guessing a high scoring battle of the pens unless one of the two gets into a good rhythm.

I just see the Sox hitters who have seen Hughes many times waiting on his fastball even if he looks good early on.

Even when Hughes is on the 2nd to 3rd time through the order is when you usually see the moon shots.

Unless he turns it around I don't see him here next season, whether the Yankees move him this season is the question. He would do much better in a large stadium being the fly ball pitcher that he has evolved into.

Nova and Nuno in the rotation at AAA to be stretched out for possible injuries they say but I think otherwise.

Hughes is on the bubble.

Jetes, I guess I called this one. Sure looked like a Phil Hughes vintage fastball Napoli deposited into the bleachers.

LOL..yes you did... i silently cursed you as that ball headed towards the seats Tongue OutWink

I would put Phil in the pen send down Warren bring up Nuno for the rotation.

I've had my Phil. Enough.

But Joe will probably give him another stinker.

Oh well Buch and Kuroda should be a good one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Ice Cream I know you're out there somewhere. From last night at YS.

ouch, the best looking yankee hat I have ever seen

Who needs ice cream? Yummy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 3 and series to the Sox..behind shutout pitching from Buchholz and HR's by Ortiz and Iglesias, Sox win rain-shortened finale 3-0....Sox take 2 of 3 to lead season series 4-2...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Game 3 and series to the Sox..behind shutout pitching from Buchholz and HR's by Ortiz and Iglesias, Sox win rain-shortened finale 3-0....Sox take 2 of 3 to lead season series 4-2...

It was a good 3 days of baseball. Tek and Youk will heat up and Granderson will round off a solid lineup. Still unsure if the Sox can compete the entire season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Season is always a series of ups and downs hopefully the return of Youk and Tex liven up this offense, the pitching has not been all that bad but it is difficult to win games when you can only score 1 run.

Spent the day with the chainsaw cleaning up outside, a tornado blew through here Wednesday night, 125 mph winds lots of big old trees of all kinds on my property which I love but there is a price to pay whenever we have high winds.

I was sitting in the screened in porch at the back of the house reading having an adult beverage when it blew through first it got got real dark and then it exploded the rain hit like a tidal wave horizontally right into my porch I thought the trees behind my home were going to be ripped right out of the ground I decided to go inside before I made like Dorothy. Two days w/o power but I have a natural gas Generac generator that runs off my home service which is worth it's weight in gold.

Lots of big old trees down in all the neighborhoods around my home, some pulled right out the ground by their roots.

Now I'm ready for some baseball tonight and to watch the best rivalry in all of sports, good luck pray for good umping and no punching below the belt.Laughing

"Generac"

Something in common. Have a generac model 6244 waiting for the contractor to run 70' of 1 1/4 black gas pipe , pour the concrete pad and wire the transfer box to my panel. Gas company needs to upgrade my meter from a 250 to a 425. They tell me it makes no more noise than a car at idle.

Sounds similar to what I have. It does a startup and selftest weekly for 15 mins the time and day set and determined by you I sometimes forget to listen for it and miss the weekly test because it is quiet.

Great investment.

The 6244 is new this year. Replaces the 5875 which is also a 20kw unit. I don't have the trees you have being on the shore but still lose power like everybody else. Until now I was using a small portable with min. capability. For around 10K installed it will be a great investment.

Mine is probably 5-6 years old installed by the previous owners.

The only problem I have is that if there is a local power failure my internet/phone/cable carrier Time Warner cable goes down about 15 mins after the power.

They have equip mounted up on a telephone pole in front of my lot down by the road. Obviously on back-up battery good for only 15 mins. After the tornado ripped through last week they put a gas generator down there chained to the pole so we would have service.

I do have a contractor come by annually check the battery, change the oil, filter, plug, so I can sleep at night.

I have FIOS for internet/phone/tv. Their service comes with a panel in my garage which houses it's own battery backup. It's then tied into a gfi breaker in my main panel. Once the generator is installed I should have 100% power reserve. My guess is your generator has two plugs. Being w/o power is no way to live. Seems our storms are getting worse each year. Going to see the Sox AAA prospects play Wed. night. Enjoy watching players that are still hungry for success over those that rest on past performances.