Yanks/Sox III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox III

Good Morning all....well here we are folks, our 3rd series with the  Sox having won 5 of 6 so far, and now the Sox are playing up to the level many felt they could/would when they were deemed the favorites..this will be an interesting week as both teaams come into this one playing well, the Sox off a sweep, the Yanks off a 2of 3, both teams hitting well, and pitching well, pitching matchups again probably favor the Sox, but as we've seen over the years in the series, don't go by the "expected"..Tongue out...important week for both teams as they face tough series after this one...this month could really shape the division heading towards the ASG....hopefully we can three fun game threads...everyone have a great day and enjoy the games...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox III

Another big day in the rivalry! Can't wait!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

We're still behind you guys, jete, so IMHO we're still the underdogs. Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yankees have better pitching and hitting, although the hitting is close, especially if Crawford is indeed emerging as the guy Theo signed.  Granderson is having an amazing year and more than makes up for slightly down numbers for Cano and Rodriguez.  Martin a plus, but Swisher and Posada are off. 

Lester v. Garcia, Wakefield v. Burnett, and Beckett v. Sabathia gives the Sox a shot, nothing more.  Lester was tagged his last two times out, and Wake's knuckler doesn't always mesmerize the Yankees.  Beckett v. Sabathia could be a classic. 

Bullpens vastly favor the Yankees, which could be the key to the series.  If the Sox starters go only 5 or 6 innings and just keep the Sox in the game, the Yankees could win all three games by pounding the Sox bullpen.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Can't wait

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

actually lester has been bad his last 4 or 5 starts. no reason to be confident here.
    wake is due to be shelled; that's just the way it has been.
    beckett and sabathia; that's a coin toss. yanks win 2 of 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox III Like to see if they can move the time on Wed.

It's going to be a pain Cause they have the Sox and Bruins playing at the same time (1 hr apart from each other) Is there anyway Sox can start a couple hrs. earlier GO SOX BEAT THE SKANKS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox III:
    [QUOTE]We're still behind you guys, jete, so IMHO we're still the underdogs.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]LOL Nut'..you better hope Zac doesn't see that post..Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Sox are playing in Yankee stadium ... and the Yankees are underdogs?  Nobody buys that ...

These games are always entertaining.  Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yeah, have to disagree with you Jete on who the undergog is..I think the Sox have to be the undergog being in second place and playing at the stadium..Other than that, its Sox/Yanks..Anything can, and WILL happen...Should be a great series as always..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Soxmeister and Southpaw, sorry for the confusion, when i said favorites, i didn't mean for this series, i meant in the sense of the print and TV sports media installing the Sox as the faves to win the division and the WS....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Ohhh .... carry on ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

Major question for Game One, will Lester continue to give up runs early?

Afraid he may spot the Yanks 4+ before the third inning...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Oh..My bad Jetes...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I have confidence in Lester, because he's Lester. :D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

southpaw and jetes---can everybody shout out the words PATRONIZING and CONDESCENDING?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Yanks/Sox III:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all....well here we are folks, our 3rd series with the  Sox having won 5 of 6 so far, and now the Sox are playing up to the level many felt they could/would when they were deemed the favorites..this will be an interesting week as both teaams come into this one playing well, the Sox off a sweep, the Yanks off a 2of 3, both teams hitting well, and pitching well, pitching matchups again probably favor the Sox, but as we've seen over the years in the series, don't go by the "expected".. ...important week for both teams as they face tough series after this one...this month could really shape the division heading towards the ASG....hopefully we can three fun game threads...everyone have a great day and enjoy the games...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Always fun to watch these guys go at it because anything can and usually does happen at some point.  We both still have issues to resolve for sure.  I'm a bit surprised the Yanks haven't hit well collectively this season, but have had individual efforts when it counts.  Colon has also been a nice surprise for you guys as Aceves has for us at times. 

Our Sox really don't surprise me at this point.  The staff has never really been as strong at it appears and this season is no exception.  We seem to have the old Beckett back which is great but its no surprise Dice K, Wake and Lackey continue to be mediocre.  Bard, Papelbon, Wheeler, Albers and even Jenks have also struggled but the team appears to have finally got their offense going.  We will need more productive pitching to hang in there, the offense can't do it all.

It should be another fun series Good Luck! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When does the "love and respect fest" stop, and the hatred/rivalry begin? Bring it on. LOL.... Although I'll admit as much as I hate the Yankees they always scare me--in the same way Luke was scared of Vadar. Ya know?  But I'm not going over to the darkside. Go Sox!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]southpaw and jetes---can everybody shout out the words PATRONIZING and CONDESCENDING?
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

Run along and let the adults talk. Mom should have the kiddie pool filled and all ready for you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'm thinking this series is decided by the effectiveness of the bullpens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]When does the "love and respect fest" stop, and the hatred/rivalry begin? Bring it on. LOL.... Although I'll admit as much as I hate the Yankees they always scare me--in the same way Luke was scared of Vadar. Ya know?  But I'm not going over to the darkside. Go Sox!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

After tonight, Freddie's going to wish he was back in chicago.

How's that?Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Anyone know any functional internet cracks to watch the game tonight?  The only problem with my mlb.tv package is i am blacked out of all sox/yankees due to my Brooklyn residence.  Ugh.  Would go to a bar, but Spacegirl is teething and gets sad without Papa Space in the evenings.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey Jete ... my prediction is you guys take two of three, which wouldn't be terrible for us. That's the way the series worked between these teams. We're 5-1 now, that has to even out eventually.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Anyone know any functional internet cracks to watch the game tonight?  The only problem with my mlb.tv package is i am blacked out of all sox/yankees due to my Brooklyn residence.  Ugh.  Would go to a bar, but Spacegirl is teething and gets sad without Papa Space in the evenings.

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Try myp2p.eu

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox III : Try myp2p.eu
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Thanks Babe.  

Sections
Shortcuts