Yanks/Sox III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox III

Good Morning all, Happy Friday!!...here we are for the next round..both teams have taken some lumps since the series in Boston where Yanks took 2 of 3, both getting swept in series, Yanks coming off a 2-5 trip to the Coast...Yanks neeed to get back to winning, while the Sox look to remain in the wildcard picture...series begins with Cook vs Hughes, who hasn't pitched particularly well against Boston, this series will have a decidedly different look with Crawford and Ellsbury back in the lineup and A-Rod out of the Yanks lineup..though these games usually go the opposite no matter who's in or out of the lineup..Yanks hold a 5-1 season advantage but imo they still know better than to look past the Sox...let's see what happens..everyone have a great Friday and a terrfic weekend..enjoy the games....   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox III

In Response to Yanks/Sox III:
    Good Morning all, Happy Friday!!...here we are for the next round..both teams have taken some lumps since the series in Boston where Yanks took 2 of 3, both getting swept in series, Yanks coming off a 2-5 trip to the Coast...Yanks neeed to get back to winning, while the Sox look to remain in the wildcard picture...series begins with Cook vs Hughes, who hasn't pitched particularly well against Boston, this series will have a decidedly different look with Crawford and Ellsbury back in the lineup and A-Rod out of the Yanks lineup..though these games usually go the opposite no matter who's in or out of the lineup..Yanks hold a 5-1 season advantage but imo they still know better than to look past the Sox...let's see what happens..everyone have a great Friday and a terrfic weekend..enjoy the games....   
    Posted by jete02fan

Good morning and TGIF Jete!

These series never go as scripted.  Honestly, I don't know what to expect this weekend, but I'm hoping for the best.

The Yanks had a rough west coast trip, but try as I might, I can't muster up any sympathy for you guys.   ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The worst thing that can happen is the Sox win 2 out of 3 and give the team and fans a sliver of hope.  It's like watching an athlete trying to play through an injury that really needs season ending surgery.

Start the rebuilding process now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox III:
    In Response to Yanks/Sox III : Good morning and TGIF Jete! These series never go as scripted.  Honestly, I don't know what to expect this weekend, but I'm hoping for the best. The Yanks had a rough west coast trip, but try as I might, I can't muster up any sympathy for you guys.   ;-)
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi
    LOL...don't worry Kimmi, by the end of the third Oakland game, i had enough lack of sympathy for both of us...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

The worst thing that can happen is the Sox win 2 out of 3 and give the team and fans a sliver of hope.  It's like watching an athlete trying to play through an injury that really needs season ending surgery. Start the rebuilding process now.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover
    hey DWL!...somehow i don't think the Sox FO is leaning that way..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox III : hey DWL!...somehow i don't think the Sox FO is leaning that way..
    Posted by jete02fan

Even if they are Jete, they would never admit it to the fan base.  No white flags flying at Fenway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Anything can happen between 2 big league teams

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Anything can happen between 2 big league teams
    Posted by nhsteven
    LOL!!,i think our IL trips to Colorado and Cincy in the past have proven that..Sealed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I was kind of hoping the Sox would bring Varitek out of retirement for this series so he could punch A-Rod in the face and send us on to World Series title #3 in my lifetime.

I wonder if Saltalmacchia punching Ichiro would be as exciting?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Mornin' Jete.  Yanks have a chance to really bury this club.  But, if they don't ... well ... 

Anyway, now that I'm on the left coast, I'm gonna have to catch the middle innings on my evening commute, so, as the philosopher Ladys love Cool James once said "YOU KNOW I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY RADIO!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

you guys wanna stuff the yankees this series? do what billy bean did - throw unseen starting pitching at them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Mornin' Jete.  Yanks have a chance to really bury this club.  But, if they don't ... well ...  Anyway, now that I'm on the left coast, I'm gonna have to catch the middle innings on my evening commute, so, as the philosopher Ladys love Cool James once said "YOU KNOW I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY RADIO!"
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    hey Space!!..i hope you're not gettin on the 405'..Tongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Mornin' Jete.  Yanks have a chance to really bury this club.  But, if they don't ... well ...  Anyway, now that I'm on the left coast, I'm gonna have to catch the middle innings on my evening commute, so, as the philosopher Ladys love Cool James once said "YOU KNOW I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY RADIO!"
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Dude! I had no idea what the fk happened to you. are you kidding me? you moved out to the left coast? wow. anywho, glad to see you posting again man. I took a break because they put a filter on here at work that I finally figured out how to get past. I was really hoping to get down to NY this weekend and see you and jetes but it wasn't gonna happen due to my mother falling and hurting herself pretty good. she is 89 years old. so I have to stick around and take care of her. I'm still staying the course bro. no quit in me.

happy friday to one and all and GO SOX!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox III : Dude! I had no idea what the fk happened to you. are you kidding me? you moved out to the left coast? wow. anywho, glad to see you posting again man. I took a break because they put a filter on here at work that I finally figured out how to get past. I was really hoping to get down to NY this weekend and see you and jetes but it wasn't gonna happen due to my mother falling and hurting herself pretty good. she is 89 years old. so I have to stick around and take care of her. I'm still staying the course bro. no quit in me. happy friday to one and all and GO SOX!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I know you are staying the course Hammah, never a doubt in my mind.  I hope mama is ok.  Always scary with the falls.  Hope a Sox sweep gets her back in the swing!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox III : hey Space!!..i hope you're not gettin on the 405'..
    Posted by jete02fan

jete, I did the 10 to the 405 commute 3 times to work and back, and then said F*** this!  Too much NY in me to be a freeway zombie.  I'm on a train and bike combo commute now.  Much much better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox III : jete, I did the 10 to the 405 commute 3 times to work and back, and then said F*** this!  Too much NY in me to be a freeway zombie.  I'm on a train and bike combo commute now.  Much much better.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    good for you, Cali traffic is nuts!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

GA all..game 1 to Yanks...Yanks bust out the offense..nice job by Hughes...escapes 3 solo homers by the Sox...today's game on FOX(Frown) Lester vs Sabathia...  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I hate Fox, especially their sportscasts. Anyway, I just wanted to let my friends from New York know that I'm not hiding. If y'all win another 5 just let me know what my new signature is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

GM all..games 2 and 3 to the Sox..really good game last night..Yanks couldn't get Ciriaco out...good ballplayer..wierd Saturday...question for you guys...those of you who watched the FOX feed...how was your audio..my feed had no play by play audio..did anyone else get that??...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hey Jete!  Classic rivaly. My feed was actually pretty good...spotty during the 4th inning for some reason, but I still had Orel and Francona at that point.

Again in the 7th the feed went weird, but so did my video...screen froze for about 1 minute.  Suspect it's a FiOS thing. 

Hope all is well buddy.  I've been so cynical about this season that I'm not really myself right now.  Peace.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No feed at all in N. Virginia. It was the scheduled game here, but was replaced by the Dodgers and Giants, even after our game cranked up around 6:05 pm.  Just one more reason why I hate Fox Sports.   Every Saturday they kill several games that are "out of market"  by blacking out every game but the one they are showing (at their time, usually 4 pm).  So Boston fans who don't actually live in N. England can usually forget Saturday games.  But last Saturday was special because in fact the Yanks-Sox were scheduled but still not shown. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

No feed at all in N. Virginia. It was the scheduled game here, but was replaced by the Dodgers and Giants, even after our game cranked up around 6:05 pm.  Just one more reason why I hate Fox Sports.   Every Saturday they kill several games that are "out of market"  by blacking out every game but the one they are showing (at their time, usually 4 pm).  So Boston fans who don't actually live in N. England can usually forget Saturday games.  But last Saturday was special because in fact the Yanks-Sox were scheduled but still not shown. 
    Posted by maxbialystock
    hey Max...man, that suks..i watched the Dodgers and Giants bat once each, then decided to just wait for the Yanks/Sox game..it was just strange being able to hear everything but the play by play, it was kind of interesting though to just listen to crowd reaction during the both the 8th during Tex's tying HR, then the Sox' two runs in the 9th, especially during Ciriaco's ball to Granderson..

Sections
Shortcuts