Yanks/Sox III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox III

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Game 1 to the Sox 4-2...riding homers by Ellsbury and Johnny Gomes.. Pettitte bit by the long ball while going 6 + and taking the loss..Gardner ejected and Yanks suffer another injury Almonte suffers an ankle injury..Sox up lead to 7.5 and the season lead to 5-2...Game 2 pits Kuroda vs Lackey

game 2 has a great pitching matchup. Tell Kuroda not to try and barehand a comebacker. Last time he faced the sox he got knocked out in the 2nd inning because of that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I've always respected the Yankees, but the franchise doesn't really seem the same after the passing of George, Sr.

I know that we're living in a different time etc., but George, Sr. added that spark that no amount of money can buy.

Also, I think the sons have really restricted Cashman in his baseball decisions, and the treatment of Torre was a travesty.

It all adds up to something that once was glittering is now tarnished.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

Game 1 to the Sox 4-2...riding homers by Ellsbury and Johnny Gomes.. Pettitte bit by the long ball while going 6 + and taking the loss..Gardner ejected and Yanks suffer another injury Almonte suffers an ankle injury..Sox up lead to 7.5 and the season lead to 5-2...Game 2 pits Kuroda vs Lackey

game 2 has a great pitching matchup. Tell Kuroda not to try and barehand a comebacker. Last time he faced the sox he got knocked out in the 2nd inning because of that.

[/QUOTE] LOL..forget that mef, you'd have to threaten to cut his hand off...Yanks need to find a way to create runs, and take avdantage of Lackey's recent struggles against the Yanks, though he's been really good overall lately

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

LOL..forget that mef, you'd have to threaten to cut his hand off...Yanks need to find a way to create runs, and take avdantage of Lackey's recent struggles against the Yanks, though he's been really good overall lately

Neal and Mesa up from SWB Almonte on the DL with a sprained ankle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I've always respected the Yankees, but the franchise doesn't really seem the same after the passing of George, Sr.

I know that we're living in a different time etc., but George, Sr. added that spark that no amount of money can buy.

Also, I think the sons have really restricted Cashman in his baseball decisions, and the treatment of Torre was a travesty.

It all adds up to something that once was glittering is now tarnished.

The current problems due mostly to injuries Amp, not only in the Bronx but an epidemic at AAA Scranton Wilkes Barre as well.

The Yankees we're looking at now are replacements of replacements.

But injuries are part of the game and so is luck, just look at how hard you guys have been hit over the past few. Some teams are more unlucky than others in certain years this just happens to be is our year in the barrel.

All that being said the big difference in ownership is the current group ignoring the availability of international free agents. I can understand looking the other way for one or two but these Yankees have avoided a few opportunities that no doubt would have made them a better team today.

Cespedes, Puig, Yu Darvish, Chapman to name a few.

The Yankees have been the playoffs every season since 1996 except one which limits them to picks at the back of the player draft but they have always compensated drafting low by dipping into the international FA market. No more, it seems anyway.

Bernie, Posada, Cano, Mariano, Montero, Godzilla, El Duque, Chien Ming Wang even Aceves were all obtained as free agents.

I don't know what the plan is I can only watch, but that is the big difference i see with the new owners.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I feel like this is the reverse of 2006 when the Sox had a 5 gamer with the Yanks. NY knew they could put away the Sox and they did. Hopefully the Sox have the attitude the Yankees had back then.

What a brutal weekend that was...

I was at the first two games, the double header.

The longest and worst day I ever had at Fenway.

though none was the same day, the roughest stretch i remember was an 07' road trip where you guys and the Rays swept us back to back then we went home and lost the first game the series to you guys...and the baseball end result was no fun either...YellTongue Out  

Yup, when you're begging your team to put up a fight, and just win one game, you know it's a bad stretch.

A team working on practically all cylinders, via a remarkeable recovery from last yr, vs a team with maybe 4 good players and a bunch of minor leaguers, cripples, & has beens, that somehow has a $200M payroll.

welcome to the 2012 red sox.

just think, if the yankees only win 69 games i can use that statistic as a talking point for why the 2014 yankees will suck..........

would you like to take those comments back now? it will ease your suffering in the long run.

No; but for them to win  69 Games, they would have to go 18-48, so I don't see that happening; but under 500 seems plausible. This is what you get when you ignore the calendar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Just checking in to gloat while I still can. Smile

Mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Just checking in to gloat while I still can. Smile

Mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees

hey Carn!...good to see ya

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 2 to the Yanks 5-2.. ties the series at 1 apiece..Gardner and Overbay lead the offense(3 hits apiece) very strong performance by Kuroda...Yanks play good defense...cut down a pair of Sox runners at the plate...DRob and Mo(31st save) preserve the W for Kuroda..Game 3 pits  Sabathia vs. Dempster

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Game 2 to the Yanks 5-2.. ties the series at 1 apiece..Gardner and Overbay lead the offense(3 hits apiece) very strong performance by Kuroda...Yanks play good defense...cut down a pair of Sox runners at the plate...DRob and Mo(31st save) preserve the W for Kuroda..Game 3 pits  Sabathia vs. Dempster

I wonder if there was a man overboard last night on the cruise Pumpsie is taking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 3 and series to the Sox 8-7 in 11 innings..Sox win it on Napoli's walkoff HR( 2nd HR of the game)...strange box score for Naps 2 HR"s/ 3 K's...a typical Sunday ESPN Yanks/Sox  4 hour death march(man, i'm tired Tongue Out)...Sox lead season series 6-3 and now face the Rays at Fenway...Yanks off to Texas....have a good week all...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

After 100 games in 2011, this team was 62-38 with a two game lead over NY. In 2007 they were 61-39, but with a 7 game lead over NY. So 60-40 is right there. If Buchholz can get his head cleared today by Dr. Andrews, and we can get an arm or two in the pen (by trade or call up) the team should be fine--but we'll know a lot more about that one week from now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Game 3 and series to the Sox 8-7 in 11 innings..Sox win it on Napoli's walkoff HR( 2nd HR of the game)...strange box score for Naps 2 HR"s/ 3 K's...a typical Sunday ESPN Yanks/Sox  4 hour death march(man, i'm tired Tongue Out)...Sox lead season series 6-3 and now face the Rays at Fenway...Yanks off to Texas....have a good week all...

FIVE!Yell Long days journey into....morning

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

FIVE!Yell Long days journey into....morning

oops..my bad..helloooo Monday!! :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yankees continue to show a lot of grit, especially after Sabathia's collapse when the Yankees had every reason to just roll over.  Great bunt that led to the Iglesias error.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think Girardi is a better manager than he's given credit for. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

A team working on practically all cylinders, via a remarkeable recovery from last yr, vs a team with maybe 4 good players and a bunch of minor leaguers, cripples, & has beens, that somehow has a $200M payroll.

• New York Yankees $228,995,945

dont cheat yourself out of that extra ~$29MM.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

• New York Yankees $228,995,945

dont cheat yourself out of that extra ~$29MM.   

[/QUOTE]

229 Mil doesn't buy what it used to