Yanks/Sox III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox III

hey all, here we go again..Yanks and Sox resume their season series with a 3 game set @YS..the previous series had the Yanks take two of three at Fenway Park back in April..Yanks lead season series 5-2, since then both teams have logged in a less than stellar season, as both teams chase the 1st place Blue Jays..each team has battled bouts of inconsistent pitching and often dismal offense and of course injury..there have also been a couple of bright spots for the Yanks Masahiro Tanaka and for the Sox Brock Holt...Game 1 pits Brandon Workman 1-0/2.88 v Vidal Nuno 1-4/5.88..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox III

Pitching matchups, game times and network coverage for the Yankees series

Friday: RHP Brandon Workman (1-0, 2.88) vs. LHP Vidal Nuno (1-4, 5.88), 7:05 p.m., NESN, MLB Network, YES.

Saturday: LHP Jon Lester (8-7, 3.14) vs. RHP Masahiro Tanaka (11-2, 2.11), 7:15 p.m., FOX.

Sunday: RHP John Lackey (8-5, 3.45) vs. RHP Chase Whitley (3-1, 4.07), 8:05 p.m., ESPN.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hey all, here we go again..Yanks and Sox resume their season series with a 3 game set @YS..the previous series had the Yanks take two of three at Fenway Park back in April..Yanks lead season series 5-2, since then both teams have logged in a less than stellar season, as both teams chase the 1st place Blue Jays..each team has battled bouts of inconsistent pitching and often dismal offense and of course injury..there have also been a couple of bright spots for the Yanks Masahiro Tanaka and for the Sox Brock Holt...Game 1 pits Brandon Workman 1-0/2.88 v Vidal Nuno 1-4/5.88..

[/QUOTE]

Yanks please take a back seat ,Tampa's who we want...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

By Peter Abraham | GLOBE STAFF JUNE 26, 2014

They meet again

The Sox will face the Yankees for the first time since April 24 when they open a three-game series in Yankee Stadium Friday. The Sox are 2-4 against their rivals this season.

The third-place Yankees are five games ahead of the Red Sox in the American League East despite having a poorer run differential. The Yankees have been outscored by 34 runs in their 77 games and the Red Sox have been outscored by 31 runs over 79 games.

Yankees captain Derek Jeter, who turned 40 on Thursday, starts the series with 3,388 career hits. He is eighth all-time and creeping up on Red Sox legend Carl Yastrzemski, who had 3,419.

Jeter is hitting what for him is a modest .268 on the season, but is 18 of his last 56 (.321) with four extra-base hits and five RBIs over 14 games.

Former Red Sox center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury is hitting .286 for the Yankees with a .752 OPS. He has four home runs in 287 at-bats.

Since hitting 32 home runs and driving in 105 runs in 2011, Ellsbury has 17 homers and 111 RBIs in the 283 games he has played since.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Has a chance of being just as bad as GODFATHER III.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They meet again

The Sox will face the Yankees for the first time since April 24 when they open a three-game series in Yankee Stadium Friday. The Sox are 2-4 against their rivals this season.

The third-place Yankees are five games ahead of the Red Sox in the American League East despite having a poorer run differential. The Yankees have been outscored by 34 runs in their 77 games and the Red Sox have been outscored by 31 runs over 79 games.

Yankees captain Derek Jeter, who turned 40 on Thursday, starts the series with 3,388 career hits. He is eighth all-time and creeping up on Red Sox legend Carl Yastrzemski, who had 3,419.

Jeter is hitting what for him is a modest .268 on the season, but is 18 of his last 56 (.321) with four extra-base hits and five RBIs over 14 games.

Former Red Sox center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury is hitting .286 for the Yankees with a .752 OPS. He has four home runs in 287 at-bats.

Since hitting 32 home runs and driving in 105 runs in 2011, Ellsbury has 17 homers and 111 RBIs in the 283 games he has played since.

You would take ELLS back hitting 230 and 3 hrs over JBJ..... You better... Money wise ,it's not yours and the tickets keep going up anyways

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yanks please take a back seat ,Tampa's who we want...........

[/QUOTE]well Don, you will just have to be patient..July 25th will be here before you know it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

well, at least i will be at the shore this weekend.  a bit easier to sit thru 4 hour baseball games with the sweet smell of salt water air.....

other names i have posted under:  none

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

They meet again

You would take ELLS back hitting 230 and 3 hrs over JBJ..... You better... Money wise ,it's not yours and the tickets keep going up anyways

[/QUOTE]

Good point. The SOX, shopping at THE DOLLAR STORE and THE RESCUE MISSION this offseason, did not pass on their savings to you, the fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They meet again

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point. The SOX, shopping at THE DOLLAR STORE and THE RESCUE MISSION this offseason, did not pass on their savings to you, the fans.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yup, we could've had Carlos Beltran for 50mil/3 years and Ellsbury for 160/7 years.

Awesome!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They meet again

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yup, we could've had Carlos Beltran for 50mil/3 years and Ellsbury for 160/7 years.

Awesome!

[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood my post. I have no problem with the SOX FO going to yard sales. But they should have the decency to price their tickets to reflect the quality(more like lack of) of the team. Of course, fans paying for SOX tickets to watch these sleep-inducing slugs are equally at fault.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Awesome!

[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood my post. I have no problem with the SOX FO going to yard sales. But they should have the decency to price their tickets to reflect the quality(more like lack of) of the team. Of course, fans paying for SOX tickets to watch these sleep-inducing slugs are equally at fault.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

And of course, you offered to send them extra money last year, based on their performance, right?

I'm going to a couple of games, but that's because I enjoy baseball, at Fenway.

I can understand if you don't want to go because you're not guaranteed a win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They meet again

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Awesome!

[/QUOTE]

U forgot McCann.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Awesome!

[/QUOTE]

U forgot McCann.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I actually thought McCann was a good move.

Who knew he'd forget how to hit?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Awesome!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

And of course, you offered to send them extra money last year, based on their performance, right?

I'm going to a couple of games, but that's because I enjoy baseball, at Fenway.

I can understand if you don't want to go because you're not guaranteed a win.

[/QUOTE]

You're right; the SOX aren't guaranteeing any wins this year. In the 55 years I've followed the SOX, they have had more than their share of bad teams. But this particular team is definitely not only bad but also the most boring team in those 55 years. Never have I felt so much indifference concerning a Yanks/SOX matchup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

You're right; the SOX aren't guaranteeing any wins this year. In the 55 years I've followed the SOX, they have had more than their share of bad teams. But this particular team is definitely not only bad but also the most boring team in those 55 years. Never have I felt so much indifference concerning a Yanks/SOX matchup.

[object HTMLDivElement]

The Sox have played the second most 1-run games, so far this year. Only Pitt has played more.

Yeah, it'd be great if they could win more than they have, but, they've been terrible with runners on.

I can see how they'd be boring if they were getting blown out every night, but their pitching has been good enough to keep them in a lot of games.

I never thought I'd hear someone say a lot of 1 run games are boring.

And I don't believe that daily harping on various problems and missteps that the Sox have taken this year qualifies as "indifference".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The Sox have played the second most 1-run games, so far this year. Only Pitt has played more.

Yeah, it'd be great if they could win more than they have, but, they've been terrible with runners on.

I can see how they'd be boring if they were getting blown out every night, but their pitching has been good enough to keep them in a lot of games.

And I don't believe that daily harping on various problems and missteps that the Sox have taken this year qualifies as "indifference".

[/QUOTE]

I bet in real life you're a blast at parties. You probably knock 'em dead with your sense of humor. I'm only kidding. One thing's for sure that's a plus for you; you're much too boring to ever get suspended from this board. Be proud of that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I bet in real life you're a blast at parties. You probably knock 'em dead with your sense of humor. I'm only kidding. One thing's for sure that's a plus for you; you're much too boring to ever get suspended from this board. Be proud of that.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry man.

We can't all be the laff riot that you are.

Maybe soon you can get a paying gig and stop playing internet forums.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry man.

[/QUOTE]

I figured out what 4B's stands for; BORING to the 4th degree. You're so BORING you'd put this SOX team to sleep.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry man.

[/QUOTE]

I figured out what 4B's stands for; BORING to the 4th degree. You're so BORING you'd put this SOX team to sleep.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, you mentioned that.

Anything else you can "wow" us with?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry man.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, you mentioned that.

Anything else you can "wow" us with?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd like to do a re-write on my last post. Where I posted that you were so boring you would put this SOX team to sleep. I want to change that to - you're so boring you could be a member of this current SOX team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They meet again

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

excellent statement..... and how true

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Amazing all the backbiting totally unrelated to the OP.

Jete,

A painful thread for us in the RSN.  I like our three starters for this series, but don't at all like our hitting to date.  Last year we struggled a little against lefties, and this year it's righties--but really righties and lefties.  I will watch the games, but expect them to be unpleasant reminders and unhappy season to date. 

Max

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amazing all the backbiting totally unrelated to the OP.

Jete,

A painful thread for us in the RSN.  I like our three starters for this series, but don't at all like our hitting to date.  Last year we struggled a little against lefties, and this year it's righties--but really righties and lefties.  I will watch the games, but expect them to be unpleasant reminders and unhappy season to date. 

Max

[/QUOTE]

I'm stealing this quote from another poster on another site, but it's too good not to pass along;

"WAIT TIL LAST YEAR."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, I'd like to do a re-write on my last post. Where I posted that you were so boring you would put this SOX team to sleep. I want to change that to - you're so boring you could be a member of this current SOX team.

[object HTMLDivElement]

My mistake.

I thought you were capable of more than just bad Don Rickles impressions.

Sections
Shortcuts