Yanks/Sox IV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox IV

Good Morning all..Happy Friday...well folks it's time again...Sox return to the Stadium looking to again rise above even..Yanks lead season series 6-3, with the Sox having won 2 of 3 in their last series, and coming off of a win against the O's while the Yanks go in off a loss to the Rangers though winning 3 of 4 series opens with Franklin Morales vs Phil Hughes..everyone have a good Friday and a terrific weekend...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox IV

i post this specifically IRT Doubront and ask why if he's surely not going anywhere?... 

The Red Sox have placed Aaron Cook, Felix Doubront, and Andrew Miller on trade waivers, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.  Cafardo notes that while Doubront won't be going anywhere, Cook is a trade candidate.

In ten starts this season, Cook has a 4.58 ERA with 1.1 K/9 and 1.6 BB/9.  The 33-year-old inked a minor league deal with Boston over the winter, worth $1.5MM prorated upon his promotion to the big leagues.  The Red Sox waited until the 11th hour to call him up rather than trigger his opt-out clause, but ultimately putting him on the big league roster in early May.

The right-hander was said to be drawing "modest interest" from clubs in late July.  The Rangers were scouting Cook at one point last month but wound up backing off closer to the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Yanks/Sox IV:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all..Happy Friday...well folks it's time again...Sox return to the Stadium looking to again rise above even..Yanks lead season series 6-3, with the Sox having won 2 of 3 in their last series, and coming off of a win against the O's while the Yanks go in off a loss to the Rangers though winning 3 of 4 series opens with Franklin Morales vs Phil Hughes..everyone have a good Friday and a terrific weekend...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

You'll forgive us, Jete, if we appear not to be too jazzed up for this series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Yanks/Sox IV : You'll forgive us, Jete, if we appear not to be too jazzed up for this series.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]Morning 4B's..i hear you, while i certainly can't complain about our position but i recognize that these games would mean more if they were somewhat on equal footing, i'd like to have teams compete at their best.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : Morning 4B's..i hear you, while i certainly can't complain about our position but i recognize that these games would mean more if they were somewhat on equal footing, i'd like to have teams compete at their best.. 

Same here. It's always more fun, when the two teams are fighting for something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : Same here. It's always more fun, when the two teams are fighting for something.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE] no doubt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]i post this specifically IRT Doubront and ask why if he's surely not going anywhere?...  Red Sox Place Aaron Cook On Trade Waivers By Zach Links [August 16 at 9:10pm CST] The Red Sox have placed  Aaron Cook , Felix Doubront , and Andrew Miller on trade waivers, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe .  Cafardo notes that while Doubront won't be going anywhere, Cook is a trade candidate. In ten starts this season, Cook has a 4.58 ERA with 1.1 K/9 and 1.6 BB/9.  The 33-year-old inked a minor league deal with Boston over the winter, worth $1.5MM prorated upon his promotion to the big leagues.  The Red Sox waited until the 11th hour to call him up rather than trigger his opt-out clause, but ultimately putting him on the big league roster in early May . The right-hander was said to be drawing " modest interest " from clubs in late July.  The Rangers were scouting Cook at one point last month but wound up backing off closer to the deadline.
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]Hopefully there's a lot more guys going on waivers. I think the entire ML roster should be placed on waivers, and Ben should be looking at any deals that could potentially improve the pitching staff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Should put Ross on waivers, if he passes I think the Giants could use him about right now.  We could always resign him next year :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : Hopefully there's a lot more guys going on waivers. I think the entire ML roster should be placed on waivers, and Ben should be looking at any deals that could potentially improve the pitching staff.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] LOL..Carn, that's alot of guys to keep track of... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Yankees will win two out of three vs. the Red Sox.

Kudora is on fire.  Dice-K needs to hang out with him and learn a few things.  lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey folks, everyone have a great weekend...Cheers...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Yanks/Sox IV:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all..Happy Friday...well folks it's time again...Sox return to the Stadium looking to again rise above even..Yanks lead season series 6-3, with the Sox having won 2 of 3 in their last series, and coming off of a win against the O's while the Yanks go in off a loss to the Rangers though winning 3 of 4 series opens with Franklin Morales vs Phil Hughes..everyone have a good Friday and a terrific weekend...

Jetes despite all the turmoil I expect the Sox to play the Yankees tough the way they always do.

The Yankees are not exactly in great physical shape either, I just hope for no controversy and above all good consistent officiating.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And not an awe inspiring line-up.

Yankees lineup

1. Jeter DH
    2. Swisher 1B
    3. Cano 2B
    4. Jones RF
    5. McGehee 3B
    6. Granderson CF
    7. Martin C
    8. Nix SS
    9. Suzuki LF
    Hughes P

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yanks/Sox IV : You'll forgive us, Jete, if we appear not to be too jazzed up for this series.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Well, some of us are jazzed up...

We might not be by the end of the series, but we're jazzed up right now!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : Well, some of us are jazzed up... We might not be by the end of the series, but we're jazzed up right now!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Give them hell Kimmi ;-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : Give them hell Kimmi ;-)
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Hi TWM, hope all is well.

I'm just hope my team is still in the game after the 1st inning.  LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : Hi TWM, hope all is well. I'm just hope my team is still in the game after the 1st inning.  LOL

Kimmi, the one thing that has been consistent with Hughes this season is his inconsistency.

Hard to know what the Yankees will get in each outing.

I think it will be close tonight either way the game goes.

And don't let the neanderthals dampen your spirit.

I know how lousy I feel when my team is down.

The only one thing I admire about both kst and pike is how they stand by their team. Of course personally you have quite a few other things going for you that they do not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yankees pregame: Teixeira injured again; eye of Boston storm speaks

Brian Heyman here for Chad today. Mark Teixeira isn’t in the starting lineup. He missed two games after injuring his left wrist July 29 when Boston was here last time and then aggravated it with a dive the next game against the Orioles. It was sore and inflamed then, and it’s sore and inflamed again.

“It’s something he’s been battling since he hurt it the first time,” Girardi said. “It got to the point where we’re going to have to give him some time off again. I don’t think that it’s a long-term problem, but we’ve just got to get through this. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more than a day.

“I’ve been managing it. There’s a lot of things that go on in there that people don’t always know.”

Teixeira didn’t rule out another cortisone shot down the road if it doesn’t improve. He had one the first time.

“The wrist is a little sore, same thing I had two weeks ago,” he said. “We’ve played 14 days straight. So it’s gotten sore the last few days. We just want to give it a day or two to calm down a little bit.”

The object of the alleged mutiny the last time the Red Sox were in town met the media. Manager Bobby Valentine didn’t delve into specifics about the Yahoo! Sports report earlier this week that many of his players had a meeting with management to complain about him and that some didn’t want to play for him anymore.

“It’s been a real challenging year, a lot of things going on,” Valentine said. “I don’t know if it’s been more than I expected, but it’s been challenging.

“Just the way we like it,” he added with a smile.

Valentine took some blame upon himself for 58-61 record, saying he was very disappointed with the bottom line. And he took an indirect swing at the starting pitching, which has mostly underperformed.

“I don’t think any one thing explains the record or where we are, other than I haven’t managed some situations as well as they should’ve been managed,” Valentine said. “When you talk about the pitching, the only thing the pitching has kind of stressed us on is that we’ve played an abnormal amount of games where we’ve been behind early. That might not statistically be true. It seems it. I think it stressed the offense. Our offense has been challenged at times, and when it’s challenged and stressed, it’s been less fun that normally.”

David Phelps fills in again for CC Sabathia tomorrow in Game 2 of the series. Girardi thinks he can go 90-95 pitches after going 78 in the last start.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

No matter how these 2 teams are playing, they always seem to have good games vs eachother...This weekend should be no different...I Always get a little extra amped up for a Sox/Yanks game...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : Kimmi, the one thing that has been consistent with Hughes this season is his inconsistency. Hard to know what the Yankees will get in each outing. I think it will be close tonight either way the game goes. And don't let the neanderthals dampen your spirit. I know how lousy I feel when my team is down. The only one thing I admire about both kst and pike is how they stand by their team. Of course personally you have quite a few other things going for you that they do not.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I would really like to see a Red Sox victory, obviously, but at the very least I do hope it's a close and competitive game.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I posted to Pike this morning that I didn't agree with his posts about other posters, but I liked him for the fact that he stands by and defends his team.

I know you can appreciate that because you do the same thing, defending your team through thick and thin.  Heaven forbid anyone should make a crack about Jeter.  ;-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : I would really like to see a Red Sox victory, obviously, but at the very least I do hope it's a close and competitive game. Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I posted to Pike this morning that I didn't agree with his posts about other posters, but I liked him for the fact that he stands by and defends his team. I know you can appreciate that because you do the same thing, defending your team through thick and thin.  Heaven forbid anyone should make a crack about Jeter.  ;-)

Yeah but I'm not a total blind zealot. Remember how I was attacked last season when I suggested Jeter while in the middle of a career slump be moved from hitting lead-off for Gardner?

You would have thought I killed the family dog.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox IV : Yeah but I'm not a total blind zealot. Remember how I was attacked last season when I suggested Jeter while in the middle of a career slump be moved from hitting lead-off for Gardner? You would have thought I killed the family dog.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]That was a nice play by Aviles. How about Pedroia's bomb?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

GA all..game 1 to the Yanks...decent job by Hughes and the offense, Sox showed no quit..Pedroia strikes again..big game for Swish...today's game on FOX Lester vs Phelps..have a great Saturday all..Go Yanks!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and cheers to the Connecticut and New Jersey squads competing in the LLWS...go get em boys!!..Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 2 to the Sox...a really well pitched game by Lester...solid effort by Phelps, Sox made the AG homer stand up...no answer for Ciriaco yesterday..Sox played great D(standout plays in the IF)...Game 3 Beckett vs Kuroda on ESPN..Go Yanks!!... 

Sections
Shortcuts