Yanks/Sox V

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox V

Good Morning all...Yanks last regular saeson trip to Boston this season, with their final series in NY the following week, Yanks come in holding a 1 game lead in the East, though the math doesn't have them out the Sox are facing the possibility of not seeing postseason play for the third straight season..Sox are in postion to have a huge say in who wins the ALE between the Yanks, O's and Rays as they have games to play against all three teams...Yanks lead season series 8 to 4, having split the previous 6 games(each winning 2 of 3), regardless of the standings, Fenway remains a tough place to play...Game 1 pits Hiroki Kuroda vs Jon Lester...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox V

It's just not the same, Jete, sadly your series with the Orioles was a lot more meaningful and exciting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

This is the last chance for us to root for our team in 2012 .... spoilers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to MikeNagy's comment:

It's just not the same, Jete, sadly your series with the Orioles was a lot more meaningful and exciting.

hey Mike, i hear you, although a bit too exciting for me, the Orioles just keep coming at the Yanks this year, i give them a lot of credit...amazing that this team has finished a combined 58 games out( 28 in 2011, 30 in 2010) the past two seasons..    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it's as simple as this...our only joy now is to see the yankees lose.  whether that be vs another team or vs the red sox (an added bonus).  to think or say otherwise is silly.
    go whoever is playing NYY!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Good Morning all...Yanks last regular saeson trip to Boston this season, with their final series in NY the following week, Yanks come in holding a 1 game lead in the East, though the math doesn't have them out the Sox are facing the possibility of not seeing postseason play for the third straight season..Sox are in postion to have a huge say in who wins the ALE between the Yanks, O's and Rays as they have games to play against all three teams...Yanks lead season series 8 to 4, having split the previous 6 games(each winning 2 of 3), regardless of the standings, Fenway remains a tough place to play...Game 1 pits Hiroki Kuroda vs Jon Lester...

Against the Bankees I am rooting for a Sox sweep. If the Red Sox cannot make the playoffs, I hope they can make it uncomfortable for your team too. And frankly, it would be an embarassment for any real Yankee fan if the Red Sox won more than a single game  this series.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This is a chance for the Yankees to sweep at a time when they could use a sweep.  The Sox rotation is pretty bad, and the lineup is mostly depleted--no Ortiz, no Middlebrooks, no AGon, and not much of Ellsbury.  The Sox are 3-12 since AGon headed west. 

Unfortunately for the Yankees, they too have had injuries--Teixeira, for example--and their rotation has struggled. 

I think the Sox have a shot at one win, tonight, with Lester on the mound.  But he has to pitch really well, which is exactly what he has not done this season at Fenway, a ballpark that can be very tough on lefty starters.  I think the Sox lose if Lester starts out throwing fastballs and cutters exclusively.  If, on the other hand, he is throwing his changeup effectively, he's got a shot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

this series will also be played with an eye on Camden Yards as the O's take on the Rays..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Both teams are playing for something. The Yankeees are playing for a division title if not their playoff lives. The Sox are playing for next year and high draft picks. I won't be at all surprised if the Yankees sweep the series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I also agree that the Yankees could sweep this series.  The Red Sox haven't won many games in the past month and I don't see them winning many games for the remainder of the season.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

SOX SWEEP.  the september slaughter begins tonight

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning all..Game 1 to the Sox..Ciriaco strikes again, along with the usual poision pills Pedroia and Ellsbury...Yanks offense was pizz poor 1-12 RISP..Sox caught all the breaks afforded them(meaning made them count) Yankees did nothing with Lester who isssued 7 walks...though i'm always willing to give a pitcher credit for surviving it, you gotta do something with that many chances...credit to the Sox for playing hard...O's beat up on Rays, ALE tied again...Game 2 pits Aaron Cook vs David Phelps...Good day all...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

game two to sox tonight??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

tonight feels like a typical 4-1/2 hour 10-9 game waiting to happen....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, I don't have a lot of confidence in Cook.

The Sox need to make Phelps work. Something they haven't done much of all year.

Phelps didn't make it to the 5th, in his last two starts.

Could very well be a 10-9 game, or 18-10, depending...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] you know we always get at least one of those...at least it's not a Sunday night :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

It could be argued that the best Yankee result for Sox fans is for them to make the playoffs with their aging team, win a round or two - but not the title - to encourage them to not make wholesale changes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning all...Game 2 to the Yanks...boy, was i wrong..thought we'd get a slugfest in this one..yanks hang on as Sox comeback bid falls short...Yanks fortunate to win that one...yet another game that proves no lead is safe at Fenway and that despite the standings no team is going to just roll over...Orioles win again, ALE remains tied, Yanks win could prove costly as Jeter come sout of this one injured, though as is his way vows to play tonight..Game 3 pits always tough on the Yanks Felix Doubront vs. up and down Phil Hughes ..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

NYY were 0-13 with RISP; more of the same, and lucky last night. I thought Ells could hit it out in the 9th.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NYY were 0-13 with RISP; more of the same, and lucky last night. I thought Ells could hit it out in the 9th.

[/QUOTE] that's 2-25..OUCH!!!...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts