Yanks/Sox V

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox V

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I'm assuming that each game will be at least four hours long.   LOL

lol...yup.

Genie:  "Hi Slashy.  this is a live event.  do you wish to extend the recording by 30 minutes?"

Slasher:  "Genie, better make that 90 minutes".....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

lol...yup.

Genie:  "Hi Slashy.  this is a live event.  do you wish to extend the recording by 30 minutes?"

to save myself the agony..i'm going to start watching Sunday's game at 11:00 :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

lol...yup.

to save myself the agony..i'm going to start watching Sunday's game at 11:00 :-)

I'm trying to catch up on the amazing Breaking Bad TV Series (after seeing the most recent 5 episodes, which are just ridiculous, and yes, I know I should have watched the seasons in order); maybe I'll do that instead & watch the Game highlights. It's too bad MLB doesn't provide a condensed version of games similar to what NFL rewind does. Unless it's Vin Scully, I really don't care what the self promoting announcers (especially the national guys) have to say between pitches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

lol...yup.

I'm trying to catch up on the amazing Breaking Bad TV Series (after seeing the most recent 5 episodes, which are just ridiculous, and yes, I know I should have watched the seasons in order); maybe I'll do that instead & watch the Game highlights. It's too bad MLB doesn't provide a condensed version of games similar to what NFL rewind does. Unless it's Vin Scully, I really don't care what the self promoting announcers (especially the national guys) have to say between pitches.

don't feel bad Steven...i wound up watching Boardwalk Empire in reverse order

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 1 to the Sox...terrific game...Sox batter Nova early,Yanks come from 7-2 down to take the lead 8-7, but the Sox reach Mo to tie it in the 9th...Victorino drives in the go-ahead(and eventual winning) run in the 10th despite getting the benefit of a check-swing strikeout, but Yanks spoil their previous chance by Soriano getting picked attempting to steal 3rd base...a potentially  hurtful  loss by the Yanks as they don't gain and takes a proverbial "second off the clock" Yanks face a sort of must win tonight as a loss defintely inflicts damage to their wild card chase...Sox lead season series 8-5...Game 2 pits Felix Doubront 10-6/3.89 vs Andy Pettitte 10-9/4.01 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Love ya, Jete, but there's no beating the Sox at this time. I never thought I'd say that and believe it at the same time. Our biggest problem seems to be Tampa Bay, and they are just getting further and further away...who knew at this time we would be cruisin'? I want this team forever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Some great scouting on the RS part; to wit, how the RS batters steered clear of Nova's curve, rendering the AL pitcher of the month in August ineffective, and the pickoff of Soriano.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

Love ya, Jete, but there's no beating the Sox at this time. I never thought I'd say that and believe it at the same time. Our biggest problem seems to be Tampa Bay, and they are just getting further and further away...who knew at this time we would be cruisin'? I want this team forever.

Agreed. Also, there should be no NYY complaints (i.e, Girardi) about the Victorino check swing in the 10th, since the NYY got a break when Wells was called safe in the 7th. Amazing there was no argument by the RS on that play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Agreed. Also, there should be no NYY complaints (i.e, Girardi) about the Victorino check swing in the 10th, since the NYY got a break when Wells was called safe in the 7th. Amazing there was no argument by the RS on that play.

Exactly. And I say that only for this game because if you got a break, you have to give a break.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

true,, it seemed like the only squawk came from Middlebrooks tho it was mostly a reaction squawk...bottom line...it was there to win...  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

One more Sox win in this series is really all we need. That would keep the Yankees behind by seven in the lost column with 17 left to play for us and 19 for them. It would be very tough for the Yankees to catch us if we split this series. That said, it would sure be nice to WIN the series and bury the EE not only from the ALE but also from the WC. They are not dead until I have to scrape them off the bottom of my cold hard boots.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

hey Kim..LOL..yeah, you guys have been a monster since regaining 1st place, injuries put Yanks too deep behind the 8-ball to be a factor for the division...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 2 to the Sox..this time the Sox come from behind to win 12-8 the big blow a Napoli GS, Yanks bp melts down as Sox chip away at the lead....a serious kink in the Yanks playoff push..Yanks season faces a cliff..Game 3 pits John Lackey 8-12/3.22 vs David Huff 2-0/3.32

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Morning all... today begins a 4 game series and the next to last regular season series between the teams at YS...Sox remain in 1st place, with the Yanks 2.5 games out of the wild card race....Yanks come off of a sweep of the White Sox, while the Red Sox win 2 of 3 vs the Tigers punctuated by a 20-4 rout of the Tigers(hopefully the Sox players will be tired from circling the bases Tongue Out) a very crucial 4 games for the Yanks, who enter this series with a much healthier lineup, evidenced by their best play since the early part of the season..returning players Jeter, A-Rod and Granderson, along with Soriano and a surging Cano have given the offense a more steady day to day presence...since returning to the top spot the Sox have been arguably the best team in the AL shown by their steady grip at the top...Game 1 pits Ivan Nova 8-4/2.88 vs Jake Peavy 11-4/3.91

Jete, after these first two, I almost feel sorry for your bois, almost.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Game 2 to the Sox..this time the Sox come from behind to win 12-8 the big blow a Napoli GS, Yanks bp melts down as Sox chip away at the lead....a serious kink in the Yanks playoff push..Yanks season faces a cliff..Game 3 pits John Lackey 8-12/3.22 vs David Huff 2-0/3.32

These first two were brutal Jete. Youre a better sport than I would be.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

hey Exam..what are you gonna do??...i'd love for them to be the one up 2-0, but they're not...it's just sports we have no control over what happens..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

hey Exam..what are you gonna do??...i'd love for them to be the one up 2-0, but they're not...it's just sports we have no control over what happens..

You mean I don't have to sit in same chair or where the same shirt i did in 2004...I thought that was why we won!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

To state the obvious, we've been there before. Not that long ago, in fact.

You're not done yet, and it's  pretty impressive you guys have come this far with the injuries and A-Rod drama.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

To state the obvious, we've been there before. Not that long ago, in fact.

You're not done yet, and it's  pretty impressive you guys have come this far with the injuries and A-Rod drama.

Mornin LD...don't get me wrong..i'm more than happy with the way they've stayed in this thing through injuries, a strong start, a near comatose offense at some points..so so pitching(thank god for Kuroda's hot start)...but like i said during hot stove i've already prepared myself if this is the season the Yanks take a hit...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Seattle beating the Rays, helps the Yanks out. Only thing is games played. Yanks are in a good Position to make the Play-offs. Just need a little winning streak and things will be intresting.
    Sox split this series, so they accomplished the minimum. No pressure on them at all, this could be dangerous for the Yanks.
    Morning Jete.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Seattle beating the Rays, helps the Yanks out. Only thing is games played. Yanks are in a good Position to make the Play-offs. Just need a little winning streak and things will be intresting.
    Sox split this series, so they accomplished the minimum. No pressure on them at all, this could be dangerous for the Yanks.
    Morning Jete.

Morning BSu..no doubt the Rays stumbling helps, but not being able to gain also takes a day off the calender, Yanks now face a pair of must wins..i can't help but think had they played even a .500 June they would be in a lot less desperate postion, to me that's when the wheels fell off...no discredit to the Sox because they have been clearly better...just gotta pick up their play and battle on...there's still the off chance they could pick up some unintended help..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 3 and series to the Sox...riding a potent offense including 2 more Napoli HR's Sox win 13-9....Yankees playoff hopes are approaching lfe support..Red Sox proving to be a WS contender...Yanks offense still scoring runs but the pitching has not been up to normal standard...hoping to stay in the race and looking to avoid the sweep tomorrow Game 4 pits Jon Lester 13-8/3.88 vs Hiroki Kuroda 11-10/2.99

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Game 3 and series to the Sox...riding a potent offense including 2 more Napoli HR's Sox win 13-9....Yankees playoff hopes are approaching lfe support..Red Sox proving to be a WS contender...Yanks offense still scoring runs but the pitching has not been up to normal standard...hoping to stay in the race and looking to avoid the sweep tomorrow Game 4 pits Jon Lester 13-8/3.88 vs Hiroki Kuroda 11-10/2.99

Good luck with that; guess which P is HOT and who's COLD?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Lackey pitched a very average game today giving up 8 hits/7runs in 5 innings but he deserved a break after he lost a game when he only game up 3 hits in 7 innings. Fortunately, we gave him some run support or some would be complaining. I think Farrell should have pulled him earlier as we needed to see if our middle relievers could perform and with a sizeable lead we could afford some mediocre performances. Can never really rest against NY as I was not comfortable with their coming back from 12-3 to 12-9 and we were scoreless for 4 innings and Napoli's HR seemed like a grandslam cushion fot last of the 9th. Yankees have to feel defeated almost coming back...not a dry eye in my house.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Got to bury NY almost with a sweep tomorrow from the wild card as they are not losing ground to Tampa who keeps losing(helps us to know we ain't gonna lose the division) but NY plays 6 out of 9 last games against last place teams(I think) SF & Houston. Want them out of it before then !!

Sections
Shortcuts