Yanks/Sox VI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox VI

Good morning all..Happy Friday..well here we are folks, our final meeting of the regular season..with Sox having long clinched the season series, this ones shifts to other focuses, Sox' continued quest for the WC and Yanks battle for AL's best record thst carries home field advantage..Sox enter play 2 games up on Rays despite recent play, Sox  still have control..don't know the Yanks' plan for these games but i hope the are planning on playing to win as the Sox surely will be..Everyone have a great weekend and enjoy the games.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox VI

I hope it's a good game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

I hope the Yanks treat this as a spring training game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Two things I'll be interested in seeing are a) will the yankees play the starters or rest them and b) will a) even matter given how the Red Sox have been playing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Sox would have a hard time beating BC at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think tonight will be rained out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox VI:
    [QUOTE]I think tonight will be rained out.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] hey Jess, i'm starting to think so too, rain has suddenly picked up here.. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]I think tonight will be rained out.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound promising...my guess is that they'll do everything in their powers to get the game in tonight...not ideal by any means...

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USNY0998

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411895. Show user_4411895's posts

Given rain forecast for the next week, they will play tonight, no matter what.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Sox would have a hard time beating BC at this point.
    Posted by ABQDan[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox would have a hard time beating a little league team.  They definitely have to play better to win any of these games in NY.  They really need to win this series or I really don't believe they will  make it to the playoffs. 
    It will be interesting to see who is blamed for this epic collapse if they don't make the playoffs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

1:59 pm est..it is absolutely MONSOONING here in Manhattan..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

With nothing on the line for the Yankees, I can't see the Yanks not resting at least 3 of their regulars tonight especially with Garcia going tonight and then Burnett tomorrow and Nova Sunday as they try to set up their post season pitching rotation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox VI : The Red Sox would have a hard time beating a little league team.  They definitely have to play better to win any of these games in NY.  They really need to win this series or I really don't believe they make it to the playoffs.  It will be interesting to see who is blamed for this epic collapse if they don't make the playoffs. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Just win and we're in...

if the  Rays win 6 = the  Sox must win 4 to tie
    5 Rays wins = 3 Sox wins to tie
    4 Rays wins = 2 Sox wins to tie
    3 Rays wins = 1 Sox win to tie
    2 Rays wins = 0 Sox wins to tie

if the Angels win 6 = The Sox must win 3 to tie
    5 Angels wins = 2 Sox wins to tie
    4 Angels wins = 1 Sox win to tie
    3 Angels wins = 0 Sox wins to tie

So end of the day if we win 4 of 6 we're garanteed at least a one game playoff with each loss by the Rays and or Angels the pressure build for them even more so than us...they have to win to close the two game gap...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Yanks/Sox VI:
    [QUOTE]Good morning all..Happy Friday..well here we are folks, our final meeting of the regular season..with Sox having long clinched the season series, this ones shifts to other focuses, Sox' continued quest for the WC and Yanks battle for AL's best record thst carries home field advantage..Sox enter play 2 games up on Rays despite recent play, Sox  still have control..don't know the Yanks' plan for these games but i hope the are planning on playing to win as the Sox surely will be..Everyone have a great weekend and enjoy the games.. 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see what lineups the Yanks use with us and then Tampa.  If its relatively the same I give Girardi a lot of credit for being a class act and whatever happens happens.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

[QUOTE]......  It will be interesting to see who is blamed for this epic collapse if they don't make the playoffs. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Personally, I will be blaming Softy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]1:59 pm est..it is absolutely MONSOONING here in Manhattan..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

The rain definitely won't help.   It makes it difficult for both teams. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yanks/Sox VI : It will be interesting to see what lineups the Yanks use with us and then Tampa.  If its relatively the same I give Girardi a lot of credit for being a class act and whatever happens happens.  
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

he'll play most of his regulars if not all of them...rasting guys that are nursing injuries...the Yanks still have some to do's...setting up the rotation for the post season...after CC and Nova who's #3 and #4...Colon didn't do himself any favors last night, Garcia's had a tough September...Hughes is hurting and may have already been elimanated...Personally I think the #3 slot is Burnett's to lose...they also have some guys that are in the hunt for awards so I doubt they'll run out a AAA lineup every night...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

morning all.....with the rainout, looks like we get a day/night doubledip on Sunday, leaving us the "honor" of those two drips today on FOX :)...anyway, let's go it's SATURDAY BASEBALL!!...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Rays and Angels both lose Friday night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You guys are rolling over already by not pitching Sabathia Sunday. 

You see what your team did, they clinched the division and then they rested their players, we like to do it differently around here. We rest em' all season and then run around with our heads cut-off trying to acquire a starter with a week to go - and in hopes we even make the play-offs.

Sections
Shortcuts