Yanks/Sox VI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox VI

GA all..last series of the season...Yanks coming off a 4 game split with the Jays while the Sox come off of tanking three against the O's :-)....Yanks and O's are playoff bound with three games left to decide the team's destination...no doubt Sox will still look to make it tough on the Yanks, while the O's take on the Rays in an equally important series..Game 1 pits Clay Buchholz vs CC Sabathia... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox VI

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GA all..last series of the season...Yanks coming off a 4 game split with the Jays while the Sox come off of tanking three against the O's :-)....Yanks and O's are playoff bound with three games left to decide the team's destination...no doubt Sox will still look to make it tough on the Yanks, while the O's take on the Rays in an equally important series..Game 1 pits Clay Buchholz vs CC Sabathia... 

[/QUOTE]
    I still expect the Yankees to win the division.  Since the Orioles are playing Tampa Bay, they  could lose a couple of those games.  I don't expect the Red Sox to win more than one game in their series against the Yankees.  Although, anything is possible, I just don't see the Orioles winning the division. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and still can't believe that's really Jon Lester's record...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

It might be worse for the Yanks and the O's to end up tied, because then they will have to play a tiebreaker game and then the loser will have to play the one game WC game.....might be better off just getting the WC and having to play just the one live or die game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Tonight's lineup may be the worst ever put on the field by the Boston Red Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PD injured his thumb sliding yesterday and Ells must have reinjured what ever his mysterious injury was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 1 and 2 and season series to the Yanks...O's win in a terrific game against the Rays..Yanks remain game up...final game of the season should the Yanks win, a win tonight also nets the division and top record..last night's game another example of what Yanks/Sox could be with all things equal...gotta give props to Pedroia for playing through a broken finger, a game he could have easily sat out... i've got a lot of respect for him....Game 3 pits Kuroda vs Matsuzaka...though the Sox didn't have the kind of season i expected them to, i've enjoyed being on the board with you guys(and ladies) again this season....those who will watch enjoy the postseason, those who won't..enjoy your offseason..looking forward to hotstove with you guys...Thanks for 2012....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

Game 1 and 2 and season series to the Yanks...O's win in a terrific game against the Rays..Yanks remain game up...final game of the season should the Yanks win, a win tonight also nets the division and top record..last night's game another example of what Yanks/Sox could be with all things equal...gotta give props to Pedroia for playing through a broken finger, a game he could have easily sat out... i've got a lot of respect for him....Game 3 pits Kuroda vs Matsuzaka...though the Sox didn't have the kind of season i expected them to, i've enjoyed being on the board with you guys(and ladies) again this season....those who will watch enjoy the postseason, those who won't..enjoy your offseason..looking forward to hotstove with you guys...Thanks for 2012....

[/QUOTE]
    I really don't expect much from Dice-K tonight.  He has been very disappointing since returning from tommy john surgery.  I always liked him and hoped that he would have had a great season.  Pitchers are supposed to be better after returning from this type of surgery.  Unfortunately, it didn't help Dice-K.  Although, anything is possible tonight. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I really don't expect much from Dice-K tonight.  He has been very disappointing since returning from tommy john surgery.  I always liked him and hoped that he would have had a great season.  Pitchers are supposed to be better after returning from this type of surgery.  Unfortunately, it didn't help Dice-K.  Although, anything is possible tonight. 

[/QUOTE] Morning Susan...well, i'm certainly not going to look at this one as a slam dunk, ofr the simple reason that despite Lester's record, he has always pitched well against the Yanks, the one game factor is always in play and could be the case for Dice-K also...he's handcuffed the Yanks before...i expect the Yanks to play well, but i don't expect a romp..  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Morning Susan...well, i'm certainly not going to look at this one as a slam dunk, for the simple reason that despite Lester's record, he has always pitched well against the Yanks, the one game factor is always in play and could be the case for Dice-K also...he's handcuffed the Yanks before...i expect the Yanks to play well, but i don't expect a romp..  

[/QUOTE]

It's the last game of the season, Jete!

You're allowed to stop blowing smoke up out butts now!  ;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this game will be over by the 3rd inning.

Congrats to the AL East division winners.  Good luck in the PO's and Enjoy rooting for A-rod.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PD injured his thumb sliding yesterday and Ells must have reinjured what ever his mysterious injury was.

[/QUOTE]

It seems like the handling (i.e,  disclosure) of Ellsbury's injuries are Bellichickean in nature; that scoundrel Boras could be involved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ive stuck up for Ells before, but hes become a JD Drew to me. Every little ache and pain he needs to sit out while Pedey plays with broken fingers. A 6-8wk rehab takes him 12 weeks. I just heard today that RA Dickey has played most of the year with an oblique injury that hes now having surgery on, the same injury that Ells supposedly has now and needs to sit a few games. I hope thay can get something good for him this off season.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 3, ALE, and best record to the Yanks... season finally at the end.. A's win the West...Rangers season is an example of just how hard it is to get back to the WS...now having to play their way in...will be interesting to watch the A's, Nats and Reds...everyone enjoy whatever you have planned and have a good offseason... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

Game 3, ALE, and best record to the Yanks... season finally at the end.. A's win the West...Rangers season is an example of just how hard it is to get back to the WS...now having to play their way in...will be interesting to watch the A's, Nats and Reds...everyone enjoy whatever you have planned and have a good offseason... 

[/QUOTE]
    Congratulations to the Yankees.  Although, I said that they would win the division.  I guess I was wrong about the Rangers.  They haven't been playing great baseball lately and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Baltimore.