Yanks/Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox

Morning all..well here we go, the first of our 18 "family gatherings"..lol....game 1 takes place on a milestone day for Fenway Park, with the Yanks making a rare uniform switch...an interesting series with the Yanks again going into a 1st series against a scuffling Sox team...could this again be the tonic the Sox need?...both team coming in with pitching issues, somewhat inconsistent offenses, the Yanks bullpen has been pretty good of late, while the Sox continue to try and nail down a closer...both teams seem to bring out the best(and worst) in each other at times..should be a terrific day and a good series..congrats on Fenway's 100th and everyone enjoy the games....Go Yanks!!!...Smile

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox

Last year, it was the series versus NY that seemed to be Boston's cure. Hope that doesn't repeat but anything is possible. These teams know each other so well. And with the two egos running the show, I am interested to see who will make more on field mistakes - Girardi or Bobby V.

Anyway, anyone going to the celebration? If yes, please enjoy yourself and have a safe and fun day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It should be fun at the very least. I'll be watching on TV from the left coast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

i love the sox but yanks sweep. i hope i am wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Took off from work today to watch it with a friend.....And Carnie, you must be up early, my man, if you are out on the left coast....Since I can't see the Yankee starting pitching going that far into the post-season, barring the Second Comings of Pineda and Pettitte both, I think the rivalry this year will be even more juiced for me....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

According to the weather, this may be only a one or two game series. I think Sunday will be a wash out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

And CGran had to go 5 for 5 with 3 hrs right before the Sox games...
    I love to see Sox take the series 2-1 and go into long stretch against somewhat considered weaker teams.  Go Sox~~!!~~!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox:
    [QUOTE]And CGran had to go 5 for 5 with 3 hrs right before the Sox games... I love to see Sox take the series 2-1 and go into long stretch against somewhat considered weaker teams.  Go Sox~~!!~~!!
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]
    Its hard to beat a /major league team with a minor league lineup. Thats what the sox field these days. Hopefully they can hang in till yhey get some back or find a trade to help

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Jete, I'm interested in seeing which former Red Sox players return today and what person(s) throw out the 1st ball.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE] i'd like to see it myself, will try to watch at work but i'm certain i won't be able to dodge the MLB blackout...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]It should be fun at the very least. I'll be watching on TV from the left coast.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] morning Carnie, here we go, Game 1 of the wager...you ready bud?..Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox : Congratulations on your 7000th post.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE] thanks 2004I, actually lost track of how close i was..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox : morning Carnie, here we go, Game 1 of the wager...you ready bud?..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]You know it. Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vsports. Show vsports's posts

[QUOTE]Last year, it was the series versus NY that seemed to be Boston's cure. Hope that doesn't repeat but anything is possible. These teams know each other so well. And with the two egos running the show, I am interested to see who will make more on field mistakes - Girardi or Bobby V. Anyway, anyone going to the celebration? If yes, please enjoy yourself and have a safe and fun day.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I'll be there in my Yankees gear.  Cool

Hoping for a good game, fun times, and a ball or two from Cano.  Let the games begin!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Yanks/Sox:
    [QUOTE]Morning all..well here we go, the first of our 18 "family gatherings"..lol....game 1 takes place on a milestone day for Fenway Park, with the Yanks making a rare uniform switch...an interesting series with the Yanks again going into a 1st series against a scuffling Sox team...could this again be the tonic the Sox need?...both team coming in with pitching issues, somewhat inconsistent offenses, the Yanks bullpen has been pretty good of late, while the Sox continue to try and nail down a closer...both teams seem to bring out the best(and worst) in each other at times..should be a terrfic day and a good series..congrats on Fenway's 100th and everyone enjoy the games....Go Yanks!!!...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]Well said jete.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Yanks/Sox:
    [QUOTE]Morning all..well here we go, the first of our 18 "family gatherings"..lol....game 1 takes place on a milestone day for Fenway Park, with the Yanks making a rare uniform switch...an interesting series with the Yanks again going into a 1st series against a scuffling Sox team...could this again be the tonic the Sox need?...both team coming in with pitching issues, somewhat inconsistent offenses, the Yanks bullpen has been pretty good of late, while the Sox continue to try and nail down a closer...both teams seem to bring out the best(and worst) in each other at times..should be a terrfic day and a good series..congrats on Fenway's 100th and everyone enjoy the games....Go Yanks!!!...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Not many sports have a rivalry that can generate a playoff feel the second week into the season.

Enjoy the weekend, Jete!

And Go Sox!! Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yanks/Sox : Not many sports have a rivalry that can generate a playoff feel the second week into the season. Enjoy the weekend, Jete! And Go Sox!!
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]thanks T4Bs, you also...though i think we're getting rain here in the city on Sunday..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox : You know it.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I am scared about this wager.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks/Sox : I am scared about this wager.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] keep your head up Jess, we won't give them a running start this time...Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Good Afternoon all...game 1 goes to the Yanks...rough start by Buchholz...good job by Nova and the offense..game 2 probably on Fox(uggh.Frown)...i'm expecting a closely played game in this one..Enjoy the game all...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Pretty much what I expect from Freddy today which I predicted this morning.

You wonder how many runs Girardi will allow the Red Sox to score off of Garcia before we see Phelps. I say 2 more runs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty much what I expect from Freddy today which I predicted this morning. You wonder how many runs Girardi will allow the Red Sox to score off of Garcia before we see Phelps. I say 2 more runs.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] though we've seen leads evaporate quickly at Fenway, Yanks can't afford to go 4-5 runs down this early in the game, unless Garcia has a complete turnaround

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

i was chatting in wrong thread lol..so let me make it right

salta pffft
    go sweeney
    david the man left field again
    nice to runs
    ok lets settle down

that should cover it
    and good afternoon all you so fans and other fans that may venture to the board