Yanks/Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks/Sox

Good Morning all..well, here we go!..Yanks and Sox open the 2013 season  together, jointly honoring the victims of the Newtown tragedy, Yanks lineup will be vastly different from what we are used to seeing, Sox looking to rebound from a dismal 2012, while the Yanks battle questions about their aged roster and the amount of injuries along with the challenge of having to compete with not only the Sox but the Rays and improved Baltimore and Toronto teams, C.C. Sabathia opens the season vs a motivated Jon Lester who looks to have a better season than last year...NY calls for temps between 55 and 60 degrees....should be a great day..everyone enjoy the game....BASEBALL'S BACK!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Yanks/Sox

We are so going to kick your butts today...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

LOL mornin' Carn, get ready to get it handed to ya pal :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Carnie - always running forward - that's what I like.

Enjoy the game and season everyone. I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a very strange season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Enjoy the game and season everyone. I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a very strange season.

The yankees season will rest on the pitching staff.

Hal's legacy is also on the line.

If they struggle as many have predicted I expect to see an internal battle where Hank will push to take control of the tight purse strings Hal currently controls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not care if MLB, ESPN, and FOX are focused on the Angels/Rangers, Dodgers/Giants, Nationals/Braves and Reds/Cardinals.  

The Red Sox/Yankees rivalry is the very best.  

But I am at work today so I cannot watch the game.   :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

If they struggle as many have predicted I expect to see an internal battle where Hank will push to take control of the tight purse strings Hal currently controls.

After the A-Rod contract, don't expect to see Hank anywhere near the Yanks.

The NY Press wants to bury Hal because of his intent on trying to be sound financially yet they blast the Yanks for trotting out a $200 Million team. No pleasing the press.

IMO - the NY fan base will live with a down year, just like they did in 2008. The key is reaching the financial goal (salary wise) so they can start flexing their financial muscle again in 2015.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

so excited for today. i sat up last night like a kid on christmas eve!

to our resident yankee fans. good luck with your season and i hope your fan rituals go off without a hitch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

After the A-Rod contract, don't expect to see Hank anywhere near the Yanks.

The NY Press wants to bury Hal because of his intent on trying to be sound financially yet they blast the Yanks for trotting out a $200 Million team. No pleasing the press.

IMO - the NY fan base will live with a down year, just like they did in 2008. The key is reaching the financial goal (salary wise) so they can start flexing their financial muscle again in 2015.

hey Jess...i know you're going thru some stuff..hope everything turns out ok, looking forward to this season...hopefully we can get a chance to set up a hang and catch a game...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Good Morning all..well, here we go!..Yanks and Sox open the 2013 season  together, jointly honoring the victims of the Newtown tragedy, Yanks lineup will bw vastly different from what we are used to seeing, Sox looking to rebound from a dismal 2012, while the Yanks battle questions about their aged roster and the amount of injuries along with the challenge of have to compete with not only the Sox but the Rays and improved Baltimore and Toronto teams, C.C. Sabathia opens the season vs a motivated Jon Lester who looks to have a better season than last year...NY calls for temps between 55 and 60 degrees....should be a great day..everyone enjoy the game....BASEBALL'S BACK!!!! 

Well Jetes old friend the day has finally arrived and I'm sittin here watching the clock til the blue man yells "play ball"..........I'm hoping that our new left fielder pulls off a great april fool joke on CC and rips one right up the middle for a basehit. lol..........

great to be back man. best of luck and lets get it on!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Yanks haven't lost a home opener on Opening Day since 1992. Think its time for Red Sox to put a lot of stuff to bed. What better way to start a new day / new year after the stench of Red Sox baseball since Sept 2011. Lets Go Red Sox!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Good Morning all..well, here we go!..Yanks and Sox open the 2013 season  together, jointly honoring the victims of the Newtown tragedy, Yanks lineup will bw vastly different from what we are used to seeing, Sox looking to rebound from a dismal 2012, while the Yanks battle questions about their aged roster and the amount of injuries along with the challenge of have to compete with not only the Sox but the Rays and improved Baltimore and Toronto teams, C.C. Sabathia opens the season vs a motivated Jon Lester who looks to have a better season than last year...NY calls for temps between 55 and 60 degrees....should be a great day..everyone enjoy the game....BASEBALL'S BACK!!!! 

Yankees will win the division.

Welcome back Frank, I thought you fell off the face of the Earth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 1 to the Sox 8-2....Sox took advantage of a 4-run 2nd...Yanks squandered a few chances..only able to scratch 2 runs, but were able to get a few baserunners a couple of innings..credit Lester and the BP for making it hold up...congrats on the W folks...good start for you guys i guess...Game 2 Wed night...enjoy your evening folks...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Game 1 to the Sox 8-2....Sox took advantage of a 4-run 2nd...Yanks squandered a few chances..only able to scratch 2 runs, but were able to get a few baserunners a couple of innings..credit Lester and the BP for making it hold up...congrats on the W folks...good start for you guys i guess...Game 2 Wed night...enjoy your evening folks...

Are you ready to concede the division yet, Jete? A long ways to go, but good to see everybody happy for a day.... well, sox fans at least.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Very good effort by Lester and the Sox bullpen.

Miller hitting 98 on the gun April 1st is encouraging for the Sox, it looks like he's found his niche.

Hats off to the Sox fans on opening day :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Miller hitting 98 on the gun April 1st is encouraging for the Sox, it looks like he's found his niche.

Miller's always had the heat, TWM, it's his control, that's kept him from being the pitcher a lot of people thought he would be. He walked two in an inning today.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

You called it, Carnie, GREAT opener! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Lester got the job done, but it was less than impressive against a depleted by injuries Yankee opening day lineup.

Bradley provided the spark that I knew he would. Great way to put the last 4 year nighmare in the past.

B I N G O  .......  How about IGGY, too !!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to MikeNagy's comment:

Are you ready to concede the division yet, Jete? A long ways to go, but good to see everybody happy for a day.... well, sox fans at least.

yeah, but only until Wed night :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Miller's always had the heat, TWM, it's his control, that's kept him from being the pitcher a lot of people thought he would be. He walked two in an inning today.

Agreed. Those that follow the game know Miller very well.

His control continues to improve but not someone you want coming out of the pen with runners on.  Does much better starting a clean inning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Agreed. Those that follow the game know Miller very well.

His control continues to improve but not someone you want coming out of the pen with runners on.  Does much better starting a clean inning.

that was a good piece of pitching by him to Cano

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I am very happy with the Sox win yesterday.  But it was against the AAA version of the NY Yankees and it was just one game with 161 to go.  

Bradley is so patient at the plate. 

Sections
Shortcuts