YANKS to play SWEET CAROLINE, can u ever imagine hearing NEW YAWK NEW YAWK in FENWAY??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: YANKS to play SWEET CAROLINE, can u ever imagine hearing NEW YAWK NEW YAWK in FENWAY??

That IMHO is so cool

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: YANKS to play SWEET CAROLINE, can u ever imagine hearing NEW YAWK NEW YAWK in FENWAY??

can u ever imagine hearing NEW YAWK NEW YAWK in FENWAY?

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/

((  "" The Yankees announced, via their PR Twitter account, that they will have a moment of silence before tonight’s game against the Arizona Diamondbacks, for the victims of yesterday’s bombing at the Boston Marathon. They also announced that between the third and fourth innings, “Sweet Caroline”, one of signature Fenway Park anthems, will be played over the loudspeakers as a tribute to the city of Boston.

This reminds me of  how they played “New York, New York” in Fenway following the 9/11 attacks.  ""  )) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

YANKS to play SWEET CAROLINE,

I just hope we aren't losing

bad bad pzac ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

NY, NY was played at Fenway several games after 9-1-1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Can I imagine??? Sorry, but human life and a tragedy like this and 911 trumps the Sox/Yanks rivalry.

Yes, it was played a number of times after 911.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Dude, awesome!

This represents everything that is good about America.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

The gesture of playing Sweet Caroline at Yankee Stadium has moved me to tears.  Does anyone know if the game is being televised?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Funny how amidts all these heroisms its the simple act of these sports tributes that has made my eyes well up. Unbelievably classy stuff. Including some of the Yankee fans in this very forum. Thank you. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

I take back everything I ever said about Josh Beckett. Right now, I take back just about every negative thing I ever said about anybody.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The Yankees  have always been class, IMO. A year after the tragedy at Virginia Tech,  they came to Blacksburg to play an exhibition game. I still  want them to go 0-162, but that gold old hatred I once had has  completely gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Out of respect for that I'm going to burn my Yankees Suck t-shirt.

Thanks guys

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

I have a new found respect for the Yankees and their fans tonite.  It brought tears to my eyes to watch Yankee fans singing Sweet Caroline.  Thank you, New York.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Thanks guys

Don't do that.

NY and Boston - rivals to the core but brothers at heart. You will not find two other cities linked like we are and now those links are even tighter. We are cities made up of immigrants from the 4 corners of the earth. There is a reason so many of us NY fans have come to this site and made it our sports home. It is the intensity that we share for the love of a game which has no boundaries and the need to share it with our oldest rivals. I am a Bostonian right now. I am a common man and NY and Boston are the cities of the common man.

A Fanfare for the Common Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35IDV4ngu2s

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

It is my hope that on Patriots Day, 2014, MLB finds it in their hearts to schedule the Yankees at Fenway. This would be a most fitting sports tribute.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to crix's comment:

I saw this on ESPN yesterday.  What a nice gesture by NY.  Also to sing Sweet Caroline. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

Thanks guys

Don't do that.

NY and Boston - rivals to the core but brothers at heart. You will not find two other cities linked like we are and now those links are even tighter. We are cities made up of immigrants from the 4 corners of the earth. There is a reason so many of us NY fans have come to this site and made it our sports home. It is the intensity that we share for the love of a game which has no boundaries and the need to share it with our oldest rivals. I am a Bostonian right now. I am a common man and NY and Boston are the cities of the common man.

A Fanfare for the Common Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35IDV4ngu2s

Talk about ruining a great composition.

Aaron Copeland performed by the Boston Pops a masterpiece.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I happen to love ELP's version.