yanks will not go away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

yanks will not go away

here yhet are the yanks.this team will not go away at all the sox are going
    to fight until the last week of the season.sox had a great july but the yanks
    are still there.as far as lackey goes o m g .tito will not pull anyone until
    the sox fall behind.if bedard is not good the sox are in trouble.
    i will be in fenway friday night go go sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Re: yanks will not go away

Where the Sox and Spanks finish with regards to one another is (mostly) irrelevant.

One will play Texas, and the other the Central winner.  Beyond that...who cares?

Barring a bizarre freefall for either team, neither is 'going away'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Why would they?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not until the ALCS, they won't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Still a good point, though.  For the Sox to keep the Yanks at bay, they're going to have to play around .700 ball.  It's pretty much what they've been doing all July, and yet the Yanks just creep closer and closer.  Losing 2 to the Royals is telling.

No matter how good this Sox team ever is, it really doesn't matter.  Yanks will tie or pass this team by the weekend, then it's a dogfight to the end. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Of course the Yanks will not go away.  Would you really expect them to? 

While I would prefer winning the division over the WC, the important thing is to make it to the playoffs.  There's no guarantee, but I think the Red Sox and the Yanks are bot in pretty good position to do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to yanks will not go away:
    [QUOTE]here yhet are the yanks.this team will not go away at all the sox are going to fight until the last week of the season.sox had a great july but the yanks are still there.as far as lackey goes o m g .tito will not pull anyone until the sox fall behind.if bedard is not good the sox are in trouble. i will be in fenway friday night go go sox.
    Posted by soxyjim[/QUOTE]

Not too many of us expected the Yanks to go away, just the Rays.  The Sox and Yanks will fight to the end and then some.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I do.  I expect the Yanks to go away.  The Colon and Garcia fools gold gave them the false confidence to do nothing at the trade deadline.  To expect either to complete the year healthy and effective is a long-shot, let alone both.  29 - 26 the rest of the way.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: yanks will not go away:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away :  I'm sure Slomag encourages all posters to write this prediction down for future reference......
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Please.  I'll own it if I'm wrong, but this is the stretch I always thought would be toughest for the Yankees.  Only 9 home games in August, followed by an AL East battle-royale, with a west coast swing mixed in in September. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You need look no further than Exibit A - as in APRIL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I think you guys are overlooking one very important factor.  Almost every single player on the yankees is currently playing over thier head.  Despite all the yankees playing over thier head we are still ahead of them.  We have players not playing up to thier normal productivity.  Wait till they come back to earth and play at thier normal levels.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]I do.  I expect the Yanks to go away.  The Colon and Garcia fools gold gave them the false confidence to do nothing at the trade deadline.  To expect either to complete the year healthy and effective is a long-shot, let alone both.  29 - 26 the rest of the way.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

LOL....slowmag....emphasis on the slow....has been saying all year that the Yanks staff wont stay healthy yet it is his very own red flops staff that has been injured all the time....funny stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

think you guys are overlooking one very important factor.  Almost every single player on the yankees is currently playing over thier head.  Despite all the yankees playing over thier head we are still ahead of them.--can you dig it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The beauty of the Yanks is that all of them always play over their heads all the time for years on end sometimes for entire careers. Hey, whatever works.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]I think you guys are overlooking one very important factor.  Almost every single player on the yankees is currently playing over thier head.  Despite all the yankees playing over thier head we are still ahead of them.  We have players not playing up to thier normal productivity.  Wait till they come back to earth and play at thier normal levels.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

This is very funny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

redsoxkimmi, why do find this funny, look at guys like Gradyson and Colon and Garcia, all playing way over their heads as is the rest of the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe--------. Show -TheBabe--------'s posts

[QUOTE]I do.  I expect the Yanks to go away.  The Colon and Garcia fools gold gave them the false confidence to do nothing at the trade deadline.  To expect either to complete the year healthy and effective is a long-shot, let alone both.  29 - 26 the rest of the way.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

LOL....slowmag....emphasis on the slow....has been saying all year that the Yanks staff wont stay healthy yet it is his very own red flops staff that has been injured all the time....funny stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

you've been saying that for two months now. It's August already and there's barely 60 days left in the season. They miight get injured, but can't we say the same about Youklis who has only played more than 145 games in a season one time in his entire career? Or Beckett who only started more than 30 games 1x in the last 5 years?; or wakefield who is 7 years older than colon. The Yankees couldn't make a deal; there wasn't a deal to be made. No one else traded for a premium pitcher besides Cleveland -- and no one knows if he's a premium pitcher.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away :  does Grady know that his son is playing over his head?
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    Is that the same Grady who lived next door to Fred Sandford? If so, he really is playing over his head, being dead and all.

Seriously, why would anyone be surprised that the Yankees "aren't going away?" They have at least three (maybe as many as six) first-ballot Hall of Famers on the roster.

Pains me to admit it, but they're every bit as good as we are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

interesting question; Who would you want at the back of your rotation for the rest of the year "Bedard and Miller" -- or -- "Garcia and Colon"?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I will take bedard and miller every time.  Colon and Garcia could break down and crumble at any time.  We know bedard and Miller will last the rest of the season and be effective in the world series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I will take bedard and miller every time.  Colon and Garcia could break down and crumble at any time.  We know bedard and Miller will last the rest of the season and be effective in the world series.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    We do?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

of course we do.  Can you honestly compare colon and garcia to Bedard and Miller.  Please use your head on this one.  The yankees are old and fat, how long do you expect them to last this summer.  I give them 2 more weeks max.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/03/with-pettitte-retiring-how-screwed-are-the-yankees/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

yankees are royally screwed with Pettitte retiring.  Now they have guys that use canes to get to the buffet after the game.