yanks will not go away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: yanks will not go away

In Response to Re: yanks will not go away:
    [QUOTE]of course we do.  Can you honestly compare colon and garcia to Bedard and Miller.  Please use your head on this one.  The yankees are old and fat, how long do you expect them to last this summer.  I give them 2 more weeks max.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

Uh ... I'm honestly trying to figure out whether you're yanking my chain here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : hey!!!..who you calling money grubbing?..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the little piggies in the pinstriped shirts (oink, oink, oink ...)

(Sorry, had to throw in a Beatles reference)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]I do.  I expect the Yanks to go away.  The Colon and Garcia fools gold gave them the false confidence to do nothing at the trade deadline.  To expect either to complete the year healthy and effective is a long-shot, let alone both.  29 - 26 the rest of the way.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

"the colon and garcia fools gold."

well, they're better than the gold the sox's fool, theo, gave SLACKEY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]Zac's mocking pics of me like that seem kind of weak now. I guess he can't top the pirate (his avatar used to be a pirate) holding a sword and a bag labeled "Head of Ted". His pals on his Yankee/Sox sideboard that he has cultivated since leading them there years ago probably appreciate it still though. So, here's to a middle-aged man who spends his time making up these offending graphics to post on a rival team's board. Well done. Just glad you didn't use your thousands of kiddie pics on your computer like you usually do. 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

No, his mocking picture of you was funny.  Your constant attempts at policing the board are weak.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"We know bedard and Miller will last the rest of the season and be effective in the world series"

Well, at least we settled the "Sox Homer of the Year Award - 2011" on this thread....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

I miss Pike and his Pikettes for policing the forum. Many still don't understand what a troll is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe----------------. Show -The-Babe----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : ...or they're posting on their own team's board and can say whatever they want about a rival team since they're not on their board. This is not a dual team board no matter how many Yankee fans make it their home.

Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

And it's not a red sox fan only board no matter how often you will whine about it pike.

Get over it already, you sound like a broken record. Yankee fans will always be here, as much as that may pain you.

Why not go to the private board....oh yeah, we see how that worked out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : And it's not a red sox fan only board no matter how often you will whine about it pike. Get over it already, you sound like a broken record. Yankee fans will always be here, as much as that may pain you. Why not go to the private board....oh yeah, we see how that worked out.
    Posted by -The-Babe----------------[/QUOTE]

New moniker is automatic each morning because you fear that most have you on ignore from yesterday. It never had anything to do about being banned. Did you see last page of the gamethread where you have been outed as being a Red Sox fan. It is much easier to get attention as a Yankee fan if a Red Sox fan decides to troll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I think it's safe to say that if both teams continue to play .600 ball the rest of the way that we're in for a great stretch run. There's a reason why the Yanks won't go away, that's because they punish mediocre pitching even without Arod in the lineup. last I checked they still have the best closer in history and Robertson is the real deal in the setup role, like it or not their starting pitching has deliered exactly what they expected going into the season (with Colon exceeding expectations and to a degree Garcia)...

Going into the season the Yankees plan was to have thier starters pitch into the 6th in a high percetage of games, holding the other team to 4 runs or less and then turn it over to the pen and allow thier bats to do damage on the others teams middle guys...A formula they used last year too...They've managed to continue to win games dispite the loss of Hughes for most of the year and took a big hit in the pen with Soriano, Joba, Marte and Feliciano all out for extended periods. Like it or not, Burnett, Colon, Garcia & Nova all have done thier jobs, we'll see if Hughes can return to form if not they still have Nova (who has done nothing but compete since being called up last year)...One troubling trend is CC is the guy that's been the consistent innings eater and once again a front runner for the CY..The concern with him is will he be on fumes by the start of the postseason if he is called upon to give them 35 starts and 240 innings and continues to pitch into the 8th and 9th every start to help save the pen.

The question is not whether they'll go away but rather once they get to the post season, after CC who steps up and gives them quality starts...Bottom line is as comprised entering the post season, they'll be a very high premium placed on the Yank's too win every game started by Sabathia...I'd have to think that today thier rotation will be Sabathia, Burnett, Colon and Garcia with Hughes and Nova in the pen. Bottom line is they'll need at least one of them to step up and put up zero's and give them quality starts behind CC...

Let's remember that both teams can still add players during the the waiver period. Just not sure there's a top of the rotation guy that can make his way through the waiver process...Wandy Rodriquez will likely get through, due to his 40M owed, ditto Zambrano from the Cubs...the question is would the Stros or Cub's simly release them and let them walk for nothing to the club that claims them or would they pull them back and try to negoitate a deal.

End of the day, the dog days are upon us and I like both of our teams chances to make the post season...May the best team win!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : And it's not a red sox fan only board no matter how often you will whine about it pike. Get over it already, you sound like a broken record. Yankee fans will always be here, as much as that may pain you. Why not go to the private board....oh yeah, we see how that worked out.

You are one to preach, you get banned every second in here.   The only reason you, a Yankee fan, are still here is because they don't ban IPs when they delete accounts.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : Yup....because the examiner says I'm a sawx fan that surely "outs" me as a sawx fan. You are more clueless than I originally thought....and that's saying a lot.
    Posted by -The--Babe----------------[/QUOTE]

just think babe if you, being a yankee fan troll, and me, being a theo hater and red sox realist,weren't on this board. well, your-aho would be out of a job.
    because of the economy, a lot of trolls are moving to mexico for employment.
    in other words, he should be thanking us and not calling us names.
    the nerve of some people.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

lloyd, I promise to never touch your chain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

I think it's safe to say that if both teams continue to play .600 ball the rest of the way that we're in for a great stretch run. There's a reason why the Yanks won't go away, that's because they punish mediocre pitching even without Arod in the lineup. last I checked they still have the best closer in history and Robertson is the real deal in the setup role, like it or not their starting pitching has deliered exactly what they expected going into the season (with Colon exceeding expectations and to a degree Garcia)...

Going into the season the Yankees plan was to have thier starters pitch into the 6th in a high percetage of games, holding the other team to 4 runs or less and then turn it over to the pen and allow thier bats to do damage on the others teams middle guys...A formula they used last year too...They've managed to continue to win games dispite the loss of Hughes for most of the year and took a big hit in the pen with Soriano, Joba, Marte and Feliciano all out for extended periods. Like it or not, Burnett, Colon, Garcia & Nova all have done thier jobs, we'll see if Hughes can return to form if not they still have Nova (who has done nothing but compete since being called up last year)...One troubling trend is CC is the guy that's been the consistent innings eater and once again a front runner for the CY..The concern with him is will he be on fumes by the start of the postseason if he is called upon to give them 35 starts and 240 innings and continues to pitch into the 8th and 9th every start to help save the pen.

The question is not whether they'll go away but rather once they get to the post season, after CC who steps up and gives them quality starts...Bottom line is as comprised entering the post season, they'll be a very high premium placed on the Yank's too win every game started by Sabathia...I'd have to think that today thier rotation will be Sabathia, Burnett, Colon and Garcia with Hughes and Nova in the pen. Bottom line is they'll need at least one of them to step up and put up zero's and give them quality starts behind CC...

Let's remember that both teams can still add players during the the waiver period. Just not sure there's a top of the rotation guy that can make his way through the waiver process...Wandy Rodriquez will likely get through, due to his 40M owed, ditto Zambrano from the Cubs...the question is would the Stros or Cub's simly release them and let them walk for nothing to the club that claims them or would they pull them back and try to negoitate a deal.

End of the day, the dog days are upon us and I like both of our teams chances to make the post season...May the best team win---beantowne
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you, beantowne, for talking baseball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

did Babe get sacked again?..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

yankees are playing great. they are well run and have great players. hats off to them. cc is having another historic year to go along with all of his other historic years. the only way the yankees go down is if cc falters.
    all we can do is take care of our side of the fence and beat the opponent in front of us. we still have nine games against the yanks this year. it is up to us to beat them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]yankees are playing great. they are well run and have great players. hats off to them. cc is having another historic year to go along with all of his other historic years. the only way the yankees go down is if cc falters. all we can do is take care of our side of the fence and beat the opponent in front of us. we still have nine games against the yanks this year. it is up to us to beat them.
    Posted by kbair[/QUOTE]

You are a good fan of the game and your team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's safe to say that if both teams continue to play .600 ball the rest of the way that we're in for a great stretch run. There's a reason why the Yanks won't go away, that's because they punish mediocre pitching even without Arod in the lineup. last I checked they still have the best closer in history and Robertson is the real deal in the setup role, like it or not their starting pitching has deliered exactly what they expected going into the season (with Colon exceeding expectations and to a degree Garcia)... Going into the season the Yankees plan was to have thier starters pitch into the 6th in a high percetage of games, holding the other team to 4 runs or less and then turn it over to the pen and allow thier bats to do damage on the others teams middle guys...A formula they used last year too...They've managed to continue to win games dispite the loss of Hughes for most of the year and took a big hit in the pen with Soriano, Joba, Marte and Feliciano all out for extended periods. Like it or not, Burnett, Colon, Garcia & Nova all have done thier jobs, we'll see if Hughes can return to form if not they still have Nova (who has done nothing but compete since being called up last year)...One troubling trend is CC is the guy that's been the consistent innings eater and once again a front runner for the CY..The concern with him is will he be on fumes by the start of the postseason if he is called upon to give them 35 starts and 240 innings and continues to pitch into the 8th and 9th every start to help save the pen. The question is not whether they'll go away but rather once they get to the post season, after CC who steps up and gives them quality starts...Bottom line is as comprised entering the post season, they'll be a very high premium placed on the Yank's too win every game started by Sabathia...I'd have to think that today thier rotation will be Sabathia, Burnett, Colon and Garcia with Hughes and Nova in the pen. Bottom line is they'll need at least one of them to step up and put up zero's and give them quality starts behind CC... Let's remember that both teams can still add players during the the waiver period. Just not sure there's a top of the rotation guy that can make his way through the waiver process...Wandy Rodriquez will likely get through, due to his 40M owed, ditto Zambrano from the Cubs...the question is would the Stros or Cub's simly release them and let them walk for nothing to the club that claims them or would they pull them back and try to negoitate a deal. End of the day, the dog days are upon us and I like both of our teams chances to make the post season...May the best team win---beantowne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Thank you, beantowne, for talking baseball.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

myymfy...the pleasures all mine, it's actually, believe it or not, why I visit this board...I only wish that more of us did vs firing broadside shots with homer tinted glasses...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : You are one to preach, you get banned every second in here.   The only reason you, a Yankee fan, are still here is because they don't ban IPs when they delete accounts.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

That's because they are two four king stupid to figure it out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]lloyd, I promise to never touch your chain.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    With a mouth like that, that's good to know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Joe Girardi should be Manager of the Year, with the job he's done with the 2011 Yankees. Other than CC Sabathia, he's worked wonders with his patchwork pitching staff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]     Joe Girardi should be Manager of the Year, with the job he's done with the 2011 Yankees. Other than CC Sabathia, he's worked wonders with his patchwork pitching staff.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Good point. Although Tito has been winning despite having Lackey, Miller and Wakefield -- I love Wake, but his ideal role is relief/spot starter -- in the rotation right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Still no women in your life?  So sad.  At least you have the Red Sox to love, and have the time to spend 24/7 talking about them. That's a bright side, I guess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : myymfy...the pleasures all mine, it's actually, believe it or not, why I visit this board...I only wish that more of us did vs firing broadside shots with homer tinted glasses...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

I think if you're going to be a Red Sox homer, what better place than Boston.com on Red Sox: On the Front Burner?  There aren't even any other team boards on this site. Why would loving your team above all others be a negative thing here?  Shouldn't this be the place for it? 

If posters don't like Sox fans who aren't neutral, why not just let them be instead of having rival team's fans hammer them here, and make it seem not acceptable?  It doesn't make sense to me, since I don't believe it's a negative on any other team board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

6 straight wins, 3rd best record in the league - UGH!

New York YankeesYankees6742.6151.037-2230-208-2

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Wakefield gave up another launcher ball and another standard wild pitch. His ERA is 4.99, which gets it under 5. Look for Wakefield on the playoff rosterp;)