yanks will not go away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: yanks will not go away

In Response to Re: yanks will not go away:
    [QUOTE]redsoxkimmi, why do find this funny, look at guys like Gradyson and Colon and Garcia, all playing way over their heads as is the rest of the team.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

You are just a funny dude.  You seem very happy.  I like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I am happy, I am a sox fan and the sox are solidly in first place again.  What could be better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Right on CYDI.  I don't know about 'solidly' in first place, but these are good times for Red Sox fans.  Life is good!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I almost feel bad for the yankee fans, they really thought they had a chance this year and they are watching it all go down the drain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]of course we do.  Can you honestly compare colon and garcia to Bedard and Miller.  Please use your head on this one.  The yankees are old and fat, how long do you expect them to last this summer.  I give them 2 more weeks max.

Exhbit A: This guy is nothing more than a misinformed rah-rah type; and while Bedard is a very good pitcher and a great pickup that Theo picked up via a 3-team 12th Hour masterstroke, he apparently knows nothing about his injury history; just like his denial about Milwood being in the RS wings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

in comparison, Colon and garcia are much more likely to be injured before the end of this season than Bedard or Miller.  That is why Bedard and Miller are a much better tandum than Freddie and the Fat Man

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe--------. Show -TheBabe--------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : Exhbit A: This guy is nothing more than a misinformed rah-rah type; and while Bedard is a very good pitcher and a great pickup that Theo picked up via a 3-team 12th Hour masterstroke, he apparently knows nothing about his injury history; just like his denial about Milwood being in the RS wings.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

You really are clueless..........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

babe, I will have to agree with you on this one, NHSteven is clueless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : you've been saying that for two months now. It's August already and there's barely 60 days left in the season. They miight get injured, but can't we say the same about Youklis who has only played more than 145 games in a season one time in his entire career? Or Beckett who only started more than 30 games 1x in the last 5 years?; or wakefield who is 7 years older than colon. The Yankees couldn't make a deal; there wasn't a deal to be made. No one else traded for a premium pitcher besides Cleveland -- and no one knows if he's a premium pitcher.
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

60 days is 35% of the season, and now we're past the point where the Yankees can do anything about it.  The Red Sox were built to withstand injuries or ineffectiveness from Beckett, Dice-K and Lackey - that's why they brought Wake back and signed Miller, Aceves, and now Bedard.  But keep it in perspective - Beckett has missed a few games here and there; with Colon and Garcia they have a combined one healthy season out of their past ten. 

As for Garcia, he's got a WHIP of 1.3, which is his career average.  He's not having a career year - he's just getting career results.  Like I said, I could be wrong, but I'm looking at the probabilities.  Even healthy, it's unlikely Garcia's ERA does not rise significantly by the end of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

slomag, I believe Garcia's era will blow up to over 5.5 by the end of the year, there is no way  he can continue the season like he has so far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Colon hasn't pitched this much since 2005. In the past six years, Colon has made a grand total of nine starts after the All-Star break -- and hasn't won any of them.

He's 0-5 with a 5.51 ERA. And these numbers were posted before Colon started injecting his own fat and stem cells into his arm. But they are real -- and real scary for the Yankees.

Garcia might not provide Colon or Hughes cover, either. Last year, Garcia averaged six innings and a 4.36 ERA per start in the first half. He struck out 5.6 batters per nine innings.

After the 2010 break, Garcia averaged just five innings per start and his ERA rose to 5.10. His strikeouts dropped to 4.4 per nine innings. He gave up more homers (one every six innings, compared to one every 7.5).

So how much longer can Colon and Garcia keep it up?

Garcia hasn't shown signs of waning -- 7-6 with a 3.13 ERA -- just yet. But if the past predicts the future, the Yankees might have already seen the best of Colon and Garcia.

It might be left to Hughes or Ivan Nova -- who is currently waiting in Triple-A -- to pick up the old guard's slack. Especially with the market for a big-time starters looking bleak.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yanks will not go away : You really are clueless..........
    Posted by -TheBabe--------[/QUOTE]

And why is that? I know who it is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

excuse me NHSteven, I need help?  Didn't you see what babe wrote about you?  I have a clear understanding of baseball as well as the sox and yankees are concerned.  You are living in a fantasy world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You need help; period. Partly due to your persistent tendencies towards delusional hypocrisy, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

just the tip?  oh please tell us more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I don't need to; you've revealed more than enough that anybody would want to know, including the aliases.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I can have more cogent conversations at a toddler day care center, so I'm done here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

aliases?  please.  I have one name and one ID here.  You are again making up things and attempting to pass them off as facts just as you do in your baseball discussions.  You refuse to elaborate on your initial accusation which is also very telling.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]aliases?  please.  I have one name and one ID here.  You are again making up things and attempting to pass them off as facts just as you do in your baseball discussions.  You refuse to elaborate on your initial accusation which is also very telling.

I know better than to elaborate with you, based on past experience. Posting facts, photos and/or raw data doesn't matter with you. However, try this on for size; go check Bedards' IP totals the last several seasons

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

ok, and I will compare them to colon............let's see colon in 2010 was ZERO and Bedard was 83.  2009 colon was  62 and bedard was 81.  so  what is your point........colon is more reliable than bedard?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]I think you guys are overlooking one very important factor.  Almost every single player on the yankees is currently playing over thier head.  Despite all the yankees playing over thier head we are still ahead of them.  We have players not playing up to thier normal productivity.  Wait till they come back to earth and play at thier normal levels.

That may not be until "November" when they earn their salary.  How I wish we had a game or 2 from April when the only time they showed up was to collect their checks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

summer storms strike again...rain delay in Chi-town..Yell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]ok, and I will compare them to colon............let's see colon in 2010 was ZERO and Bedard was 83.  2009 colon was  62 and bedard was 81.  so  what is your point........colon is more reliable than bedard?

Perhaps you should read my original post, and we wouldn't have to go on this merry-go-round, BTW convenient how you left out the other Pitchers in the argument. You're now in ignore, because, quite frankly, you're a homerish infant that I don't want to waste anymore time on. There's plenty of reasonable and intelligent RS posters I shall continue to have dialogue with instead.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]I think you guys are overlooking one very important factor.  Almost every single player on the yankees is currently playing over thier head.  Despite all the yankees playing over thier head we are still ahead of them.  We have players not playing up to thier normal productivity.  Wait till they come back to earth and play at thier normal levels.

Actually many of the regular Yanks are playing under what they are capable of....it could be scary if they play to what they are capable of.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]I will take bedard and miller every time.  Colon and Garcia could break down and crumble at any time.  We know bedard and Miller will last the rest of the season and be effective in the world series.

Are Bedard and Miller going to be on the Yankees or the Phillies in the World Series?  Doubtful, I don't know where you come up with this stuff.

Sections
Shortcuts