Yanks winning the battle for CT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT

Katherine Heigl and her b00bs are also from CT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT:
    [QUOTE]well, a lot of connecticut is just a suburb of the rotten apple anyways.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

I have lived in CT. my entire life and been nothing but a Sox fan since I was 8 years old.  That's 44 years of being loyal to the best team and fans in baseball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

new yankee motto "we'll always have connecticut"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

[QUOTE]Connecticut is a front running appendage of New York. They may leave New England at their convenience. The states only redeeming quality is that they can claim Samuel Clemens as a former resident.
    Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

Nooooo Plinny, as a lifelong CT resident (and Boston fan), don't leave us to the wolves!!!

In all seriousness, it doesn't help that MLB has its head up its butt...EVERY region of CT is considered to be part of NY's TV market, and yet Fairfield County (where I live, son of a *****) is, I believe, the only region in ALL OF NEW ENGLAND not considered to be part of Boston's market.

I wish I could meet the guy who determines these things, so I could personally castrate him.

But between that TV disparity, and the fact that a lot of people my age or younger grew up with the "90s dynasty Yankees", that accounts for a lot of the disparity. As someone who has worked at camps and in classrooms in recent years though, I can also confirm that this is changing...I think it's actually cool for kids whose parents don't care about baseball to be Red Sox fans, just so they can stick it to Yankee fans...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from daviddodd. Show daviddodd's posts

Mansfield, CT declares its allegiance to Red Sox nation!  Booya!  Be gone, Yankee swine!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]A good part of it is a matter of population density.  A large number of Connecticunts (men included, in spite of my vulgar choice to describe denizens of the Nutmeg State) live in the southwest portion of the state in the I-95 corridor between New Haven and New York City, andrewbitch notwithstanding. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]
    ...Thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PapiFan. Show PapiFan's posts

Northern and Eastern CT are predominantly Sox fans.  Probably about 70/30 in favor of the Sox.  The problem is the gold coast are all Yankee fans and where the Mets fans are.  So most of the State are for the Sox, but the souteastern part is about 95/5 Yankees so it makes it about an even split.

Also the Red Sox fans are more passionate.  The problem with these polls are there a lot of female fans who might have watched one game in 5 years, who identify themselves as Yankee fans, while female Sox fans rountinely wear Sox stuff hats, shirts, etc all over this place.  One I call a non-baseball fan, but it is counted just the same as in the poll.   They should give a baseball quiz on their respective team before they count them in the poll IMO.  A lot of the so called Yankee fans could not name their starting rotation.  And that is guys too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Northern and Eastern CT are predominantly Sox fans.  Probably about 70/30 in favor of the Sox.  The problem is the gold coast are all Yankee fans and where the Mets fans are.  So most of the State are for the Sox, but the souteastern part is about 95/5 Yankees so it makes it about an even split. Also the Red Sox fans are more passionate.  The problem with these polls are there a lot of female fans who might have watched one game in 5 years, who identify themselves as Yankee fans, while female Sox fans rountinely wear Sox stuff hats, shirts, etc all over this place.  One I call a non-baseball fan, but it is counted just the same as in the poll.   They should give a baseball quiz on their respective team before they count them in the poll IMO.  A lot of the so called Yankee fans could not name their starting rotation.  And that is guys too. 

Posted by PapiFan[/QUOTE]

LOL...that's why when you google pink hat the first link brings up sawx fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

a lot of women are yank-em fans because that's the only team they've ever heard of.
    just don't ask them what sport the yank-ems play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PapiFan. Show PapiFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT : LOL...that's why when you google pink hat the first link brings up sawx fans.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

It is a term coined by Red Sox fans too identify uninformed fans.  So because of that you surmise that what I am saying is untrue?

I live in northern CT.  I rarely see Yankee hats.  For every Yankee hat I see about 10 Sox hats.  Almost all of the Yankee fans are from Fairfield county.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT : It is a term coined by Red Sox fans too identify uninformed fans.  So because of that you surmise that what I am saying is untrue? I live in northern CT.  I rarely see Yankee hats.  For every Yankee hat I see about 10 Sox hats.  Almost all of the Yankee fans are from Fairfield county.

No, I was disagreeing with the second paragraph in your previous post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I grew up in NE CT.  Never new a Yankee fan.  Did know a Mets fan, but he had moved up from NY.  Sherrif-Rojas has it right, though, IMO.  The poll results have a lot to do with the majority of CT residents living nearer to NY, while the great part of the state (land area-wise) consider themselves New Englanders and root for the New England teams.  At least that is how I perceived it when I lived there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

From the survey:

Men back the Yankees 47 - 35 percent while women go to the Red Sox 42 - 39 percent.

The Bombers are strongest in Fairfield County, where they lead the Sox 57 - 16 percent with 15 percent for the Mets. Tolland, New London and Windham Counties in eastern Connecticut go to the Red Sox 67 - 27 percent, with 3 percent for the Mets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I grew up in Enfield,Ct (On the Mass border) and lived there until 1977.I was always a Sox fan,but there were roughly 20% Yankee fans in that area then.I also knew kids that were Yankee fans 1 day and Sox fans the next,depending on which team was doing better.In fact,there were so many fans that would switch almost daily,I came up with a product that I thought would sell.My idea was to make a jacket with the Sox emblems on one side.When you wore it inside out,it would have the NY showing.I was going to call them "Turncoats". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The Yankees have the most recent Championship. As someone who's lived in CT now for 4+ years, coming from Cambridge....WHO CARES!

Most fans down here are bandwagon jumping, fair weather goofs. I can't tell you how many people are Pats/Yankees, or Cs/Yankees fans. I never saw a Giants anything until AFTER they beat the Pats, and the number of Yankee hats at least doubled after they won it again. It's a joke. I don't think there are many real fans down here to be honest. Wait, I take that back, there are definitey a lot of fans who won't let the Whalers go. Kind of sad, kind of admirable.

I honestly see as much Laker/Heat stuff as Celtic (no Knick gear, again fairweather). If the Sox win another, I'd like to see a poll some time after that, or a poll done pre-2008, I bet it's more Sox fans.

Also, the SW part of the state will always associate with NY. They commute to work there, they identify with it, they can have it. Stamford "The City that Works"...what a joke of a city, I spent 2 painful summers there early 2000s.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees have the most recent Championship. As someone who's lived in CT now for 4+ years, coming from Cambridge....WHO CARES! Most fans down here are bandwagon jumping, fair weather goofs. I can't tell you how many people are Pats/Yankees, or Cs/Yankees fans. I never saw a Giants anything until AFTER they beat the Pats, and the number of Yankee hats at least doubled after they won it again. It's a joke. I don't think there are many real fans down here to be honest. Wait, I take that back, there are definitey a lot of fans who won't let the Whalers go. Kind of sad, kind of admirable. I honestly see as much Laker/Heat stuff as Celtic (no Knick gear, again fairweather). If the Sox win another, I'd like to see a poll some time after that, or a poll done pre-2008, I bet it's more Sox fans. Also, the SW part of the state will always associate with NY. They commute to work there, they identify with it, they can have it. Stamford "The City that Works"...what a joke of a city, I spent 2 painful summers there early 2000s.

Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Have you checked out how much the red flops nation has grown since '04?

I would rarely, if ever, see a red flops hat down here unless I went to the boston bar. But now they are much more common, although still greatly outnumbered by Yankee hats down here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Over 50% support "My package" Weiner. Your point?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Over 50% support "My package" Weiner. Your point?

Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Do you perhaps have a sister who works in real estate in the area who could clear this debate up for us?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]TMost fans down here are bandwagon jumping, fair weather goofs.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

generalize much, a$$hat?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]  A lot of the so called Yankee fans could not name their starting rotation.  And that is guys too. 

well sure, not even nyy management can right now

then again not to many in RSN can name their rotation or SS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT : It is a term coined by Red Sox fans too identify uninformed fans.  So because of that you surmise that what I am saying is untrue? I live in northern CT.  I rarely see Yankee hats.  For every Yankee hat I see about 10 Sox hats.  Almost all of the Yankee fans are from Fairfield county.

It is a term coined by Red Sox fans too identify uninformed fans. So because of that you surmise that what I am saying is untrue?

not exactly

it's a term that came from the curly haired boy

referring to the johnny come latelys

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT : It is a term coined by Red Sox fans too identify uninformed fans. So because of that you surmise that what I am saying is untrue ? not exactly  it's a term that came from the curly haired boy referring to the johnny come latelys                 
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

hey zac.  congrats on the texas sweep.  That was pretty impressive.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT : hey zac.  congrats on the texas sweep.  That was pretty impressive.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

thanks spaceman

can you say  'smoke & mirrors '

the BP is on quite a roll

but who in the heck are they ;-)

the noname defense

''the noname bullpen ''

game in wrigley is fun to watch

but obviously would be more fun if we were winning

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT : thanks spaceman can you say  'smoke & mirrors ' the BP is on quite a roll but who in the heck are they ;-) the noname defense ''the noname bullpen '' game in wrigley is fun to watch but obviously would be more fun if we were winning
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Hey Zac, I didn't realize that the Yanks had played a day game.  This is the first I'd heard about it.  Thanks.

Rapid Reaction: Cubs 3, Yanks 1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks winning the battle for CT : Hey Zac, I didn't realize that the Yanks had played a day game.  This is the first I'd heard about it.  Thanks. Rapid Reaction: Cubs 3, Yanks 1
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

greetings Sheriff-Rojas

go F yourself ;-)

go the f  to sleep