Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!

GM all..ok, i'm calling no fair..that damn John Smoltz jinxed us on Delmon's HR..Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!:
    [QUOTE]GM all..ok, i'm calling no fair..that damn John Smoltz jinxed us on Delmon's HR..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Or, maybe the pitch was sheer stupidity and he was just pointing out the obvious seconds before.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Or, maybe the pitch was sheer stupidity and he was just pointing out the obvious seconds before.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]as much as that Young HR, those walks did them in..no excuses though, the Tigers seemed to cash in every break/mistake by the Yanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

If I were a Yankee fan I would be very nervous, down 2-1 with A.J. Burnett starting the next game in Detroit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

[QUOTE]If I were a Yankee fan I would be very nervous, down 2-1 with A.J. Burnett starting the next game in Detroit.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I'm very very nervous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

There is an old saying that papa taught me. Sh*t happens in life and there is not much one can do about it. Not cool that they have lost these two, but I am glad that they are fighting until the end. Game 4 is all hands on deck. If AJ dopey can keep his mind from wandering all over the place, I like NY's chances. If not, it might be a short outing for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

AJ has a chance to change his fortunes tonight, and he pitched well against Detroit this year.  Should be a great game.  I look for the Yankee bats to come out against the Detroits rookie pitcher.   

But on to the best news: the RAYS are going down, down, down.   They have little chance of coming back.    Life is good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

They have little chance of coming back.

where have we heard that B4 ;-)

rays might not have the bats but they

sure have that magic mojo this yr

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]There is an old saying that papa taught me. Sh*t happens in life and there is not much one can do about it. Not cool that they have lost these two, but I am glad that they are fighting until the end. Game 4 is all hands on deck. If AJ dopey can keep his mind from wandering all over the place, I like NY's chances. If not, it might be a short outing for him.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Yankees should change the batting order: I would go with Gardner, Jeter, Cano, Granderson, ... etc

But Girardi won't; ARod & Teix is killing them

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Yankees should change the batting order: I would go with Gardner, Jeter, Cano, Granderson, ... etc But Girardi won't; ARod & Teix is killing them
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I don't know that you change the batting order around at this point. And I certainly wouldn't put Grandy at clean-up. The one problem this Yankee line-up has had all year is K's and double play grounders. And it doesn't matter where you put them all in the line-up, the fact is that this has ben each batter's MO all year long. Not one guy in the starting 8 struckout less that 75 x. And everyone of them except Gardner hit into at least 10 DP's.

AJ needs to pitch 6 + strong innings and the starting 8 come up with some timely hits. If not, see you next year.

I said a month ago, the one team I feared in the AL was Detroit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

[QUOTE]If I were a Yankee fan I would be very nervous, down 2-1 with A.J. Burnett starting the next game in Detroit.

heck I'd be nervous if we had halliday pitching down 2-1

I thought it was a pretty enjoyable game last night

both teams coming back down by 2

verlander hitting 100 in the 8th

what's not to love about that

not winning the WS never bothers me

it's the not having anymore games 2 watch that hurts so bad

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]AJ has a chance to change his fortunes tonight, and he pitched well against Detroit this year.  Should be a great game.  I look for the Yankee bats to come out against the Detroits rookie pitcher.    But on to the best news: the RAYS are going down, down, down.   They have little chance of coming back.    Life is good.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]
    What rookie pitcher?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/porceri01.shtml

Rick Porcello has made 89 MLB starts since 2009.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I like Porcello, pitching at home should help a lot. Yanks have to pick it up, this series I believe will end today. Valverde might not be available today, should help the Yanks.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

I never worry about Valverde. Detroit has to end it today because there is zero chance of them beating Nova on Thursday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]It is fun to see that the great BoSox fans will rally together and rot against the Evil Empire!!! So glad to see the Tigers win today!!
    Posted by athens7676[/QUOTE]

I am hoping you really meant "root" and not "rot".

I always love when a fan's team is out of contention and they gain pleasure from rooting against another team even though they have zero interest in the opposing team. I always found this strange.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]nah, got em' right where we want em'...Tongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Having AJ Burnett start is similar to Lackey starting a playoff game. Although, he won his last game against the Red Sox.  You can't really be sure what to expect from Burnett today.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Having AJ Burnett start is similar to Lackey starting a playoff game. Although, he won his last game against the Red Sox.  You can't really be sure what to expect from Burnett today.   
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Susan - always best to expect nothing and be grateful if you get something.

Everyone thought the rainout was in the Yanks best interest. I knew it wasn't because of this.

OK - AJ - this is what you get paid the big bucks for.

Personally, if I was Girardi, I would have pitched AJ last night and CC today. I wonder if some teams even know what the term strategy even means.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : I never worry about Valverde. Detroit has to end it today because there is zero chance of them beating Nova on Thursday.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Now that's confidence, but it's hardly a lock I'm pretty sure if the series goes back to NY the Tigers will make the kid throw the ball over a the plate and take a few hacks. Fister is due for a bounce back game too...

Go Tigers! Go Rangers! Go Baseball!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

don't worry Jess, we're going to get the Tigers good and overconfident, someone's going to sneak into the Tiger's clubhouse and load AJ's last 6-7 starts into the film projector..Tongue out

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

I'm a Yankee fan and our season ends tonight.  Heck, we weren't even supposed to win our division so I'm happy with what the team did this year.  We were just the little engine that could.Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : I'm a Yankee fan and our season ends tonight.  Heck, we weren't even supposed to win our division so I'm happy with what the team did this year.  We were just the little engine that could.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

It isn't over yet.

Sections
Shortcuts