Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!

In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!:
    [QUOTE]antique I actually think Cashman learned a little from Theo and is trying to incorporate the two aspects of building a team. Kind of the way gene Michaels and Bob Watson did back in the mid -90's.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I agree, Cashman is building for the future and it looks bright!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sandberg or Valentine, that's my selection.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]1b76397fd4f64745b61d2aa79697dcac In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Yeah, keep telling yourself that.  Going out in the first round is swell!!!!   Bet the brothers Steinbrenner don't feel that way.  Pretty expensive little engine ... But I still believe Burnett comes through tonight .... Posted by soxmeister world series - been there, done that.......many  times beating the sox is all I care about after that,    anything that happens is good for baseball LOL ... nice try, but losing is losing.    
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sounded like a NYY fan who knows the gig is up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Yeah, that sounded like a NYY fan who knows the gig is up.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

It most likely is over tonight but hey, we weren't even supposed to win the division.  The Sox were, the Yankees did better than thought by most.  Am I happy its probably gonna end tonight with Burnett imploding?  No of course not but I'm happy they won the division and the Sox went home w/o seeing the postseason.  If the Yankees missed the postseason, Sox fans would be happy about that as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : It most likely is over tonight but hey, we weren't even supposed to win the division.  The Sox were, the Yankees did better than thought by most.  Am I happy its probably gonna end tonight with Burnett imploding?  No of course not but I'm happy they won the division and the Sox went home w/o seeing the postseason.  If the Yankees missed the postseason, Sox fans would be happy about that as well.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

No doubt, but in the long run this collapse--ugly and painful as it was--will end up help ing us in the long run. This team has been complacent sine 2007, and needed a a kick in the butt to wake them up. the 04 collapse didn't kill NYY, this won't kill the Sox. We'll reload and come back harder than ever next year--only this time, the complacency and entitlement will be GONE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : No doubt, but in the long run this collapse--ugly and painful as it was--will end up help ing us in the long run. This team has been complacent sine 2007, and needed a a kick in the butt to wake them up. the 04 collapse didn't kill NYY, this won't kill the Sox. We'll reload and come back harder than ever next year--only this time, the complacency and entitlement will be GONE.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I'd agree that it may help in the long run as for next year that remains to be seen but I know my boys will be right there as well.  Tampa will also be a factor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : The writers didn't say that this year, hardly any of them picked the Yanks to win the division let alone the whole thing as the Sox were big favorites to win it all.  Of course we'd like to win the whole thing but many of us are also realists.  Our pitching is very suspect and we got this far using smoke and mirrors.  I am happy winning the division and having saw the Sox who were thought to be a juggernaut miss the playoffs.....anything after that is all gravy. Just the little engine that could.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

A 220 Million $ Little Engine?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : A 220 Million $ Little Engine?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

The little engine that could. Its tongue in cheek but the Sox were picked for division and the underdog Yanks won it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : A 220 Million $ Little Engine?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Lol...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : The little engine that could. Its tongue in cheek but the Sox were picked for division and the underdog Yanks won it.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Yes, you know those plucky NYY!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : The little engine that could. Its tongue in cheek but the Sox were picked for division and the underdog Yanks won it.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Oh, then I need to blame the writers for picking the Sox. When the Sox acquired Lackey(2yrs ago), Crawford, and Gonzo, I knew they were not going to win the WS. I thought they should make the playoffs, but I am still glad they did not. Now they will perhaps realize that only the Yankees brass can buy championships. It is their winning formula. The Sox got all caught up in trying to be like the Yanks. But it really bit them in the ars the last few years. Just buying athletes does not win championships, look at the Miami Heat. It takes chemistry and hard work: 2 major components the Sox lacked over the past few years. So, maybe, if lucky, management will realize that being like the Yankees does not make you the Yankees.

Oh, by the way, the Yankees are never underdgos either. Don't sugar coat the loss, (if it happens tonight), as if they were not supposed to even be in the hunt. Honest fans admit that their team got beat by a better team rather than formulating pre-made excuses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Actually, I expect the Yanks to let CC walk if he opts out. NY has way too many old age "Thank you" contracts as it is. Adding another 3 years and 65 million makes zero sense to me.

I would agree with you, that CC might just not be worth that kind of money but guys who can win and pitch well in NY are pretty rare, so that has to be considered.

It is sort of something that I don't hear talked about that much, but outside of 2009, when he was great, CC has a very poor October track record.  He was lousy for Cleveland in 2007.  Got lit up in his 1 start for MIL in 2008.  Last year he was okay, but was hit very hard one time and never saw a 7th inning in 3 starts.  Not "ace" results.  Last night, although he was getting squeezed, when his team spotted him 2 runs against Verlander, he had the direction of this series on his arm and he let it get away. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Oh, then I need to blame the writers for picking the Sox. When the Sox acquired Lackey(2yrs ago), Crawford, and Gonzo, I knew they were not going to win the WS. I thought they should make the playoffs, but I am still glad they did not. Now they will perhaps realize that only the Yankees brass can buy championships. It is their winning formula. The Sox got all caught up in trying to be like the Yanks. But it really bit them in the ars the last few years. Just buying athletes does not win championships, look at the Miami Heat. It takes chemistry and hard work: 2 major components the Sox lacked over the past few years. So, maybe, if lucky, management will realize that being like the Yankees does not make you the Yankees. Oh, by the way, the Yankees are never underdgos either. Don't sugar coat the loss, (if it happens tonight), as if they were not supposed to even be in the hunt. Honest fans admit that their team got beat by a better team rather than formulating pre-made excuses.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Of course - if Detroit wins, they were the better team. But if the Yanks comeback and win, I don't want to see one thread about payroll.

And Yanks can certainly be underdogs. They were this year according to Vegas and they are the ones who set the odds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Of course - if Detroit wins, they were the better team. But if the Yanks comeback and win, I don't want to see one thread about payroll. And Yanks can certainly be underdogs. They were this year according to Vegas and they are the ones who set the odds.

According to Capitalism the Red Sox, Yankees and Phillies don't ever get to be called underdogs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : According to Capitalism the Red Sox, Yankees and Phillies don't ever get to be called underdogs.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Capitalism itself doesn't explain the importance of good starting pitching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Of course - if Detroit wins, they were the better team. But if the Yanks comeback and win, I don't want to see one thread about payroll. And Yanks can certainly be underdogs. They were this year according to Vegas and they are the ones who set the odds.

Fair enough. I don't ever bring up payroll jessey. I just stated that the Yankees really are the only successful team(bball organization) at what they do: spending money. The Sox thought that was the winning formula, but have recently found out it does not work that way, and Francona paid the price so far. So, I guess then the Red Sox should be next years underdogs....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Fair enough. I don't ever bring up payroll jessey. I just stated that the Yankees really are the only successful team(bball organization) at what they do: spending money. The Sox thought that was the winning formula, but have recently found out it does not work that way, and Francona paid the price so far. So, I guess then the Red Sox should be next years underdogs....
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

However who were the 2 most expensive World Series winning teams prior to the 2009 Yankees?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

Don't sugar coat the loss, (if it happens tonight), as if they were not supposed to even be in the hunt. Honest fans admit that their team got beat by a better team rather than formulating pre-made excuses.
    Posted by antiqueman1

I don't see it as an either or

pre-made excuses- sure you casn call it that

ever since we lost out on lee & andy retired

it was clear that the yanks would be ok in the 162

but not in the PO unless bcash picked up a better arm

which he never did

so yeah if we lose that makes the tigers better but our

pre-made excuse has merit

why do they keep deleteing this post

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sox farm system really looks terrible especially compared to either the Rays or the Yanks - and witnessed first hand when the injuries took their toll and the Sox had nobody on the farm that helped them out at all.  I hope they avoid trades that deplete an already weak system any further.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

First: 6/15/2007
    Last: 10/4/2011
    It is fun to see that the great BoSox fans will rally together and rot against the Evil Empire!!! So glad to see the Tigers win today!!
    Posted by athens7676

I am hoping you really meant "root" and not "rot".

I always love when a fan's team is out of contention and they gain pleasure from rooting against another team even though they have zero interest in the opposing team. I always found this strange.
    Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head. All the young dudes; carry the news.

Baseball is so easy that even a kid can play.

Carnie rules, all others are fools!

Born member of the Evil Empire - NY
    Hey jessey,
    Good to see you back!

Of course we root against the Yanks and Rays.  Misery loves company, if we can't win the WS we don't want our division rivals to win.

Admit it jessey, you rooted against the sox in '04 and '07.Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : I am hoping you really meant "root" and not "rot". I always love when a fan's team is out of contention and they gain pleasure from rooting against another team even though they have zero interest in the opposing team. I always found this strange.

I always love how yanqee fans post on a Red Sox board nearly everyday of their lives knowing they have zero interest in the opposing team.  Oddly I've always found this strange!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : I always love how yanqee fans post on a Red Sox board nearly everyday of their lives knowing they have zero interest in the opposing team.  Oddly I've always found this strange!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

See, I have great interest in the Sox. They are the Yanks biggest rival and during the course of a season, what better place to talk baseball than with your rivals. Makes for more interesting conversation. My rooting interests during the year is against all AL East teams. Once the post season starts, if the Yanks aren't there, I could care less. But I have only said this about a couple of hundred times here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : See, I have great interest in the Sox. They are the Yanks biggest rival and during the course of a season, what better place to talk baseball than with your rivals. Makes for more interesting conversation. My rooting interests during the year is against all AL East teams. Once the post season starts, if the Yanks aren't there, I could care less. But I have only said this about a couple of hundred times here.

I have a different stance on this. I always root against the Sox but I love the back and forth between us fans, it makes the rivalry even more interesting imo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : See, I have great interest in the Sox. They are the Yanks biggest rival and during the course of a season, what better place to talk baseball than with your rivals. Makes for more interesting conversation. My rooting interests during the year is against all AL East teams. Once the post season starts, if the Yanks aren't there, I could care less. But I have only said this about a couple of hundred times here.

Fair enough, I can respect that.  I have been following this board for about 5 years and have never known you to antagonize jessey.  You are one of the most insightful yanqee posters on here.  But as a Red Sox fan watching postseason baseball without my team present, you better believe it is sour grapes and Im rooting for our rivals to come and go fishin' with my boys, it's only fair!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It looks like Granderson saved the day with not only the first inning game changing catch, but now the seventh inning game changing catch. Wow. Outstanding. AJ did his job and the Yankees sure look like they are headed home for game 5. Gotta love game 5s.

Sections
Shortcuts