Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!

At best, you have to hope AJ gives them a chance to win.  Tonight is on the offense.  It would be nice if Teixiera finally did something.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : It isn't over yet.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Jessey I'm a Yankee fan and I love Yankee baseball as much as the next guy.  I went to game one of the ALDS both nights of Game 1.  I went to 38 regular season games this season, I live at the stadium and I want nothing more than to get to the ALCS but AJ is not going to get this series back to the Bronx.  If he somehow does, I'll be in the ballpark Thursday night--I just don't see it happening.  However, they did have a good season and exceeded expectations.  Now lets go out and get some pitching in the offseason to help CC and Nova out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]At best, you have to hope AJ gives them a chance to win.  Tonight is on the offense.  It would be nice if Teixiera finally did something.
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

Texiera is 1 for 10 against Porcello....I say they drop him in the lineup tonight and move Swisher up...

New York Yankees Career statistics vs. Rick Porcello
    BATTERABH2B3BHRRBIBBSOAVGOBPSLGOPS
    Robinson Cano115100100.455.455.5451.000
    Eric Chavez21010100.500.5001.5002.000
    Brett Gardner91000010.111.200.111.311
    Curtis Granderson52000102.400.400.400.800
    Derek Jeter90000001.000.000.000.000
    Andruw Jones21000020.500.750.5001.250
    Russell Martin41000021.250.500.250.750
    Eduardo Nunez32000100.667.667.6671.333
    Ramiro Pena71000001.143.143.143.286
    Jorge Posada93100120.333.455.444.899
    Alex Rodriguez41000000.250.250.250.500
    Nick Swisher103001422.300.417.6001.017
    Mark Teixeira101000010.100.182.100.282
    Totals85222119107.259.337.341.678

Detroit Tigers Career statistics vs. A.J. Burnett
    BATTERABH2B3BHRRBIBBSOAVGOBPSLGOPS
    Alex Avila21000100.500.500.5001.000
    Wilson Betemit236300019.261.292.391.683
    Brennan Boesch42000201.500.400.500.900
    Miguel Cabrera143200201.214.214.357.571
    Carlos Guillen122000214.167.231.167.397
    Brandon Inge154101413.267.294.533.827
    Austin Jackson21001111.500.6672.0002.667
    Don Kelly20000000.000.333.000.333
    Victor Martinez277201364.259.412.444.856
    Magglio Ordonez143101233.214.353.500.853
    Jhonny Peralta133101614.231.267.538.805
    Ryan Raburn30000011.000.400.000.400
    Will Rhymes30000100.000.000.000.000
    Ramon Santiago41000001.250.250.250.500
    Clete Thomas41000221.250.500.250.750
    Delmon Young143100015.214.267.286.552
    Totals156371105261838.237.322.404.726

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Posted this under "What's wrong with the Rays" but good copy & paste here as I mention the Yankees and how delighted I'll be if Detroit beats them & I need not wait for the Rays/Texas or National League team to do it in World Series. It'll mend my wounds a bit about Sox' dreadful collapse !!!

The Rays, along with the Jays & Orioles, beat us, a flustered, lack of confidence,  gun shy team. For the Orioles, beating us was their World Series and, frankly, they seemed more motivated!

The Rays swept the Yankees in the last 3 games w/o Sabbathia, Mariano & some other key players. I was rooting for the Rays to win vs. Texas & then knock off the Yankees but I'll be just as happy if Detroit does it & won't care if Rays get knocked off. Last year Rangers beat the Rays and then the Yankees & the Giants' pitching did them in in the World Series.

Has nothing to do with this post but I really like Napoli for the Rangers and we could have gotten him for peanuts...maybe only because I'm Italian !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : I'm a Yankee fan and our season ends tonight.  Heck, we weren't even supposed to win our division so I'm happy with what the team did this year.  We were just the little engine that could.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.  Going out in the first round is swell!!!!   Bet the brothers Steinbrenner don't feel that way.  Pretty expensive little engine ...

But I still believe Burnett comes through tonight ....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : I'm a Yankee fan and our season ends tonight.  Heck, we weren't even supposed to win our division so I'm happy with what the team did this year.  We were just the little engine that could.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

You don't often hear the big, bad, brash, wealthy, free-spending, overpowering, 27-championship, Bronx-bombing Yankees described as "the little engine that could"!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Yeah, keep telling yourself that.  Going out in the first round is swell!!!!   Bet the brothers Steinbrenner don't feel that way.  Pretty expensive little engine ... But I still believe Burnett comes through tonight ....
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Hey we weren't supposed to win the division, we were in the same division with the "Best Team Evah"!  Not that I'm thrilled with leaving after the 1st round but overall the season did go better than expected.

Some little engines are $160 million others are $200 million.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Jessey I'm a Yankee fan and I love Yankee baseball as much as the next guy.  I went to game one of the ALDS both nights of Game 1.  I went to 38 regular season games this season, I live at the stadium and I want nothing more than to get to the ALCS but AJ is not going to get this series back to the Bronx.  If he somehow does, I'll be in the ballpark Thursday night--I just don't see it happening.  However, they did have a good season and exceeded expectations.  Now lets go out and get some pitching in the offseason to help CC and Nova out!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Actually, I expect the Yanks to let CC walk if he opts out. NY has way too many old age "Thank you" contracts as it is. Adding another 3 years and 65 million makes zero sense to me. The key to the future is Hughes recovery. If he can regain his early 2010 form, which I believe he can, then the Yanks can build from there. Betances looks to be almost ready for the big team and we can mix and match from there.

I expect them to pick up Swish's option, let Posada go, and then figure out what fits. A-Rod's salary starts decreasing next year, but I expect Cano's to increase. remember, he is the next big ticket item and he is going to cost $20 mil per year when that time comes.

This may all mean no post season next year, but I am okay with that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Yeah, keep telling yourself that.  Going out in the first round is swell!!!!   Bet the brothers Steinbrenner don't feel that way.  Pretty expensive little engine ... But I still believe Burnett comes through tonight ....
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

world series - been there, done that.......many  times

beating the sox is all I care about

after that,

anything that happens is good for baseball

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

I think CC is a fool if he opts out especially after last night.  He once again came up small while looking extraordinarily large in a big game.  Other GMs have to notice that.

Verlander was amazing in the middle of the game -- 101 in the 8th? jeezus! -- but if not for MVP Ramon Santiago, the Yanks win that game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Actually, I expect the Yanks to let CC walk if he opts out. NY has way too many old age "Thank you" contracts as it is. Adding another 3 years and 65 million makes zero sense to me. The key to the future is Hughes recovery. If he can regain his early 2010 form, which I believe he can, then the Yanks can build from there. Betances looks to be almost ready for the big team and we can mix and match from there. I expect them to pick up Swish's option, let Posada go, and then figure out what fits. A-Rod's salary starts decreasing next year, but I expect Cano's to increase. remember, he is the next big ticket item and he is going to cost $20 mil per year when that time comes. This may all mean no post season next year, but I am okay with that.
    If CC goes after big $ it is going to cost us or that team he goes to on the field at some point.  The whole country is tightening its belt its time baseball does too.  These guys make SO Much $ to play a game, what Cliff Lee did last year (although he still made big $) was somewhat refreshing as he took less $.  When is enough actually enough for these guys?  I hope CC realizes that and lets the Yanks add people around him to help him win again.  Only time will tell what happens but CC seems like a pretty good guy, he does ALOT for the community and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Maybe he will surprise us and not act like A-Rod....we'll find out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Actually, I expect the Yanks to let CC walk if he opts out. NY has way too many old age "Thank you" contracts as it is. Adding another 3 years and 65 million makes zero sense to me. The key to the future is Hughes recovery. If he can regain his early 2010 form, which I believe he can, then the Yanks can build from there. Betances looks to be almost ready for the big team and we can mix and match from there. I expect them to pick up Swish's option, let Posada go, and then figure out what fits. A-Rod's salary starts decreasing next year, but I expect Cano's to increase. remember, he is the next big ticket item and he is going to cost $20 mil per year when that time comes. This may all mean no post season next year, but I am okay with that.

Actually, I expect the Yanks to let CC walk if he opts out. NY has way too many old age "Thank you" contracts as it is.

and other than arod who would this be

jeter & mo deserved to play

no ''Thank you" contracts '' there

if you give up CC

and then their contracts are ''Thank you" contracts ''

because we will have no chance

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Hey Jesse.

I don't see the Yanks letting CC walk...

From where I sit, with my Red Sox colored bias glasses forcasting the Yankees rotation.
    Burnett will continue to be a back end of the rotation guy and a candidate for a trade....

The clock is ticking on Hughes his home splits aren't impressive and more troubling is he's been unable to stay on the field now for three straight years. I find it hard to believe that Cashman and the Yankee brass trust his duribility enough to pencil him in as a sure bet to be in the rotation next year and beyond and to carry the load of 33 starts and 200 innings..

I really like Nova, but his splits remind me of a young Chien Min Wang, I'd Like to see him miss a few more bats...Who like Wang added a slider to his repitoire wth good results against lefties...time will tell if his stuff plays or if he can command the zone when hitter make the adjustment and force him to throw strikes. He's a very solid middle of the order guy...

Betances is a good looking prospect with a live arm, as you saw at the end of the year his command is not ready for prime time. Like with all young guns you gotta do in the show before getting any cred and you have to repeat your success over a long period to earn top of the rotation status...Fausto Carmona anyone....

End of the day CC is a horse who gives a team 35 starts and 230 innings from the top of the rotation. There's no reason to belive he can't continue to pitch that way for the forseeable future while they look for his successor..So when the 2012 season begins IMHO none of the above are ready to fill that roll and the best available arm this fall is CJ Wilson...Who I do see as a great fit, but he's no CC...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : What clever nickname would the bashers give Torre if he becomes the Red Sox manager?
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

For your info, Joe already has a nickname... Clueless Joe as I recall !!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : Yeah, keep telling yourself that.  Going out in the first round is swell!!!!   Bet the brothers Steinbrenner don't feel that way.  Pretty expensive little engine ... But I still believe Burnett comes through tonight ....
    Posted by soxmeister

world series - been there, done that.......many  times

beating the sox is all I care about

after that,

anything that happens is good for baseball

LOL ... nice try, but losing is losing.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! :  Actually, I expect the Yanks to let CC walk if he opts out. NY has way too many old age "Thank you" contracts as it is. and other than arod who would this be jeter & mo deserved to play   no ''Thank you" contracts '' there if you give up CC and then their contracts are ''Thank you" contracts ''   because we will have no chance
    Posted by pinstripezac33[/QUOTE]

Jeter at 4 years is not a thank you contract? Disagree there Zac. I agree that Mo's isn't.

It would be nice if CC goes the Cliff Lee route. Only time will tell.

@ BT - at some point, you have to get thiese kids in, just like Tampa does. Nova is going to progress even more next year. Not concerned with Hughes splits right now. Just want him healthy with good velocity. The world according to NY will not end if the Yanks miss a post season. They missed in 2008 and everything survived. With the Met's being a 3rd world team now, as long as the Yanks can compete, they will remain the box office draw in NY. And to all my friends in RSN - be prepared because the Yanks are going to try and get Aceves back if they can.

As per Forbes - The Yankees are an International Cash Cow. Money will not dry up if they miss one post season.

But let's forget 2012 now. One time AJ; just one time show yourself to be more than a psycho job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Posted by null[/QUOTE]

As the Yanks fan u claim to be, I can't imagine you would be happy if the Yankees lost tonight. Every year, no matter what the writers or fans say, the Yankees are supposed to be in it to win it. Not, oh, we made the playoffs so that is good enough. I ain't buying what you are selling null.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : As the Yanks fan u claim to be, I can't imagine you would be happy if the Yankees lost tonight. Every year, no matter what the writers or fans say, the Yankees are supposed to be in it to win it. Not, oh, we made the playoffs so that is good enough. I ain't buying what you are selling null.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I think Null, like a lot of Yankee fans, expect the worst and hope for the best. It is what keeps us off the George Washington Bridge when things go wrong. I always like to think that for the most part, yankee fans try and act like they have been there before. Being realistic is not such a terrible thing. I for one know that if the Yanks lose tonight, my world, ego and everything else will not come crashing down around me.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : I think Null, like a lot of Yankee fans, expect the worst and hope for the best. It is what keeps us off the George Washington Bridge when things go wrong. I always like to think that for the most part, yankee fans try and act like they have been there before. Being realistic is not such a terrible thing. I for one know that if the Yanks lose tonight, my world, ego and everything else will not come crashing down around me.

I believe what you write jessey. I honestly don't think the world, ego, and everything else in it should ever come crashing down due to your favorite team losing it. I am a Sox fan, and I was fine with the fact that they lost and did not make it in. I viewed it as a win. Now they can maybe stop trying to be the Yankees, buying championships, and I mean that is the best way possible. They are the best at it. And the Sox need to leave that to them.

The Sox now need to backtrack and find what worked for them again: hard blue collar work from hard blue collar athletes. Time to cleam some house. Time to pick up the pieces and re-organize the ship.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

antique

I actually think Cashman learned a little from Theo and is trying to incorporate the two aspects of building a team. Kind of the way gene Michaels and Bob Watson did back in the mid -90's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

given the three-way battle all season betwen the Yanks, Sox and Rays, funny that should the Rays lose, the Yanks hailed as the one with the least pitching of the threee will temporarily be the last team standing..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

They have little chance of coming back.

where have we heard that B4 ;-)

rays might not have the bats but they

sure have that magic mojo this yr

Wrong again, Zakman.  Rays are gone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanquis lose, Yanquis lose! : As the Yanks fan u claim to be, I can't imagine you would be happy if the Yankees lost tonight. Every year, no matter what the writers or fans say, the Yankees are supposed to be in it to win it. Not, oh, we made the playoffs so that is good enough. I ain't buying what you are selling null.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

The writers didn't say that this year, hardly any of them picked the Yanks to win the division let alone the whole thing as the Sox were big favorites to win it all.  Of course we'd like to win the whole thing but many of us are also realists.  Our pitching is very suspect and we got this far using smoke and mirrors.  I am happy winning the division and having saw the Sox who were thought to be a juggernaut miss the playoffs.....anything after that is all gravy.

Just the little engine that could.

Sections
Shortcuts