YAZ, With tears in my eyes, it was only yesterday , yes the early years........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

YAZ, With tears in my eyes, it was only yesterday , yes the early years........

Were tough, but 1967 with you & Dick Williams were special........... It was a great year of Baseball for this 19 year older on the back of a Destroyer in Long Beach California and so proud of my Boston Red Sox........   Thanks Yaz,   we love ya !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: YAZ, With tears in my eyes, it was only yesterday , yes the early years........

Yaz would be ashamed of the way you disrespect Ortiz.  I'm sure Yaz has a ton of respect for Ortiz and his accomplishments, especially where he never got to play on a championship team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: YAZ, With tears in my eyes, it was only yesterday , yes the early years........

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Yaz would be ashamed of the way you disrespect Ortiz.  I'm sure Yaz has a ton of respect for Ortiz and his accomplishments, especially where he never got to play on a championship team.

Please,  Your response is "total bush league"....  I would like to think that my post was very special, but perhaps you couldn't see it !!  To bad for you......   BTW,   Im sure Yaz has his own opinion on PAPI and a lot of players..............  I mean, Yaz @ $125,000. or PAPI @ 13MIL ????????/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yaz was well paid for his time, one of the top paid players.  Ortiz is not close to being one of the top paid players.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yaz was well paid for his time, one of the top paid players.  Ortiz is not close to being one of the top paid players.  

" LET ME BE CLEAR", as the "BIG O" would say........  "There is no negotiating on this subject"  !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

This is what happens bill when you spend months hammering Ortiz and writing hostile posts, no one takes your sincere posts sincerely. You're your own worst enemy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:

This is what happens bill when you spend months hammering Ortiz and writing hostile posts, no one takes your sincere posts sincerely. You're your own worst enemy.

"GROW UP", please   !!!!!   Look at the thread as written !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Face facts. The Gomes post has 112 hits, your ode to Yaz 8.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Were tough, but 1967 with you & Dick Williams were special........... It was a great year of Baseball for this 19 year older on the back of a Destroyer in Long Beach California and so proud of my Boston Red Sox........   Thanks Yaz,   we love ya !!!

The " Impossible Dream " season of 1967 was a riveting and unforgettable experience. It was the trigger for the Red Sox resurgence. And , Yaz was the heart and soul of it all. Yaz is second only to the immortal Ted Williams in the history of Fenway heroes. Great to see him get this well deserved honor. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

I dont get why anyone would hammer Ortiz anyway. Hes leading the team in most offensive categories. Hammering him is pointless and stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[/QUOTE]

The " Impossible Dream " season of 1967 was a riveting and unforgettable experience. It was the trigger for the Red Sox resurgence. And , Yaz was the heart and soul of it all. Yaz is second only to the immortal Ted Williams in the history of Fenway heroes. Great to see him get this well deserved honor. 

[/QUOTE]

'67 hooked me in when I was a kid, been a fan since.  Yaz was a great & most certainly deserves the statue in his honor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

I dont get why anyone would hammer Ortiz anyway. Hes leading the team in most offensive categories. Hammering him is pointless and stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Papi is hammering the ball harder than Bill is hammering papi. Which is really saying something considering Bills white hot hatred of the big man!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hang on...you know this how? Are you privy to Yaz's personal feelings? I like your posts Hhxsox..but I would not go attributing feelings to someone unless you are certain. Yaz has very particular viewpoints on the game of baseball and it's players and particularly the attitude of players towards the sport.

As far at Bill's post on Yaz..I would take it for what it's worth. A very nice post about a nice way the team honored one of the greatest Sox players of all time.  Yaz is one of my all time favorites. I pretty much grew up watching him. Everyone loves Yaz. I've had the pleasure of meeting him on many occasions over the years. Very nice person...very private, very classy.

However anyone feels about Ortiz, he's no Yaz....not even close.  Listen..Ortiz is a good DH...a very good DH..but he is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. How he even figures in to a post about Yaz is beyond me..There are certainly no shortage of posts on this site about Ortiz...yet some of you don't have enough respect for Yaz to keep the topic to him...and you call yourselves Red Sox fans....sheesh!

Thanks for posting a nice post about Yaz Bill...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

See that bill, I pumped up your post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Compare Yaz stats to Ortiz, Ortiz is not far off. Yaz had 22 years in the majors. Ortiz has 16 years with a few more to go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Compare Yaz stats to Ortiz, Ortiz is not far off. Yaz had 22 years in the majors. Ortiz has 16 years with a few more to go.

Ortiz has earned his own place in Sox history. That has nothing to do with what Yaz has meant to the organization.  I understand that some fans are too young to appreciate just what Yaz did . But some of us do remember. It is no disrespect to Ortiz to honor Yaz. Yaz deserves it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ortiz has earned his own place in Sox history. That has nothing to do with what Yaz has meant to the organization.  I understand that some fans are too young to appreciate just what Yaz did . But some of us do remember. It is no disrespect to Ortiz to honor Yaz. Yaz deserves it. 

[/QUOTE]

I also remember back in the day towards Yaz's final season, there wasn't the warm and fuzzy feeling he gets now. There was plenty of talk of the grouch he became in those final years. I remember it well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

was always a huge yaz fan.....but to say Ortiz is no Yaz is just plain silly.  Ortiz almost single handedly brought this team to the WS and has been a huge part of this teams success in the last 11 years which includes two WS championships.  How many titles does Yaz have?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Somewhat shocking in a forum full of old time Sox fans, only four postive Yaz comments here. Does that speak of bill or Yaz?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Please,  Your response is "total bush league"....  I would like to think that my post was very special, but perhaps you couldn't see it !!  To bad for you......   BTW,   Im sure Yaz has his own opinion on PAPI and a lot of players..............  I mean, Yaz @ $125,000. or PAPI @ 13MIL ????????/

[/QUOTE]

+1000

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:

[QUOTE]

"GROW UP", please   !!!!!   Look at the thread as written !!

[/QUOTE]

Bill~

Some people can't move on, I'm glad you did!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Hang on...you know this how? Are you privy to Yaz's personal feelings? I like your posts Hhxsox..but I would not go attributing feelings to someone unless you are certain. Yaz has very particular viewpoints on the game of baseball and it's players and particularly the attitude of players towards the sport.

As far at Bill's post on Yaz..I would take it for what it's worth. A very nice post about a nice way the team honored one of the greatest Sox players of all time.  Yaz is one of my all time favorites. I pretty much grew up watching him. Everyone loves Yaz. I've had the pleasure of meeting him on many occasions over the years. Very nice person...very private, very classy.

However anyone feels about Ortiz, he's no Yaz....not even close.  Listen..Ortiz is a good DH...a very good DH..but he is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. How he even figures in to a post about Yaz is beyond me..There are certainly no shortage of posts on this site about Ortiz...yet some of you don't have enough respect for Yaz to keep the topic to him...and you call yourselves Red Sox fans....sheesh!

Thanks for posting a nice post about Yaz Bill...

Very well said!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Good for yaz, he is an important part of fenway history.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I was also glad to see Jim Ed and Dewey, among others, on hand.

25. This post has been removed.