YAZ, With tears in my eyes, it was only yesterday , yes the early years........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: YAZ, With tears in my eyes, it was only yesterday , yes the early years........

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Bill is trying? How in the HELL would you know?

Do you talk to your mother like this?  I'm a lady so if you want to have a civil discussion with me tone it down please.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: YAZ, With tears in my eyes, it was only yesterday , yes the early years........

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bill is trying? How in the HELL would you know?

Do you talk to your mother like this?  I'm a lady so if you want to have a civil discussion with me tone it down please.

[/QUOTE]

Because you claim to be a lady on an annonymous board doesn't make you one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

That's not name-calling.

It's a fact.

You know that I never said any of the things Jack posted.

Your response: "Good one!".

The members you like can post whatever they want.

The one's you don't, get the phony "we need to make this board better" lecture.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With all due respect I don't think yaz or ortiz cares about the opinions expressed here.  They don't need you or anyone else standing up for them, they can take care of themselves.

Some like ortiz, some don't, what's the big deal?  Some liked manny some didn't, the same heated debates sprung up about him.

I like what ortiz does at the plate, I don't like his attitude.  It's that simple.

No, I realize that Yaz or Ortiz don't know or care what goes on here, trust me.  But many fans that post here do care, which should be obvious.  It's us fans talking among ourselves.

And I'm far from the only one that takes exception to certain players and personnel being bashed.  That should also be clear.

It's just the way it is.

[/QUOTE]

You are right, we are just fans talking among ourselves so there is no need to defend ortiz or any other player, they really don't need us to.

If I don't like a player I have a right to express my opinion.  You have a right to express yours but when bill starts a positive post about yaz and your response is to bring up ortiz and how yaz would feel about bills opinion of ortiz is more of an attack on bill than an opinion.

Bill is doing a good job at staying positive but I see you and some others going after him no matter how positive he is trying to be.

I don't know when it happened but it seems there are some here who want to be the pc police.  They won't allow anyone to say anything bad about ortiz.  These men are not gods.  We as fans can and will criticize any player as much as we want.

As I said I like what ortiz does at the plate but I thing he is an arrogant bore.  If you don't like me saying bad things about ortiz I don't care.

[/QUOTE]

I suppose it's too much to ask that Bill back up some of his accusations with facts.

I don't care if you or Bill or anyone else "likes" Ortiz or any other player.

What I won't let slide are lies about players that I enjoy watching play for my team.

Stick your nose in the air as high as you like, I not compromising on that.

[/QUOTE]

What you won't let slide, really?  Wow, I guess we all better watch what we say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Clown

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

What you won't let slide, really?  Wow, I guess we all better watch what we say.

Good idea...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

No doubt. Ladies who shove their beliefs and opiniosn down other peoples throats don't get a free pass.

Last I checked a lot of good men got screwed on the Titantic with "woman first".

Yikes!  I hit a sore nerve!

I did not ask for a free pass, I asked that you use a civil tone.  Is that too much to ask from you?

I know I'm not as young as I used to be but I wasn't on the titanic LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Good idea...

Yes, I will rest easy knowing you are the head of the pc police on this board.  How ever did we manage before you arrived!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Sure u were, and Bill was in the crows-nest.....

LOL, I was?  The cold water must have affected my memory Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

Good idea...

Yes, I will rest easy knowing you are the head of the pc police on this board.  How ever did we manage before you arrived!

It's dirty job, but someone has to do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Whats all the fuss here ????   Heck, just talking about the "YAZ YEARS" .......  Never intended to revist World War 2   !!!   Just saying .....    (BTW, thanks 67RedSox)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Whats all the fuss here ????   Heck, just talking about the "YAZ YEARS" .......  Never intended to revist World War 2   !!!   Just saying .....    (BTW, thanks 67RedSox)

You are a good guy bill!  I don't know why some people like to be ugly but they do.

You started a great thread.  Yaz is one of a kind and I'm glad he was a sox.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

You are a good guy bill!  I don't know why some people like to be ugly but they do.

[/QUOTE]

Well, in fairness to those who get riled up by Bill, Bill is much like a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He is all aww-shucks, and i love that about him.  But then he comes in and, in the same aww shucks breath, rides David Ortiz with so much disrespect and scorn and repeated childish abuse that some see this more clearly than his aw shucks.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good guy and produces threads which always seem to be on the front page.

[/QUOTE]

What gives? Why do you use two names?  Do you have a split personality or something?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, in fairness to those who get riled up by Bill, Bill is much like a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He is all aww-shucks, and i love that about him.  But then he comes in and, in the same aww shucks breath, rides David Ortiz with so much disrespect and scorn and repeated childish abuse that some see this more clearly than his aw shucks.

[/QUOTE]

Bill has been here a long time.  In past years he posted, I chuckled, and not many seemed to get upset with him.  This year when I returned to the forum in the spring it seemed bill was the guy with a bulls eye on his back.  He couldn't post a word without being attacked by a group of people.

There are lots of posters here who treat other posters with disrespect and scorn and behave like children.  The name calling is sometimes on the level of a first grader.  We are all educated adults here.  At least I hope that's the case ;0)

I think this bill thing has been blown way out of proportion.  He is no better or worse than anyone else here.  He doesn't like ortiz and isn't afraid to say it.  So what?  I don't think ortiz will lose one second of sleep over it.

Many here don't like me, call me vile names and can be pretty nasty.  So what, I don't lose one second of sleep over it.

Why don't we all calm down, back off and cut bill some slack. 

Just some thoughts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hit the ignore button if you feel that way.

[/QUOTE]

Spaceman is a good guy.  He is just posting his side of things.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Bill put the target on his own back. Bill doesn't put up Ortiz threads for any other reason than to garner some attention.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Thanks All.....   Got my Check in the mail today from BDC.........  Thanking me again for another great MONTH !!!!!       What can I say ?????