Ye of little faith?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Ye of little faith?

As someone who has been following the Sox since the sixties, I've seen my share of collaspes. In the early seventies it was to the Orioles, then the Yankees, with Bucky f'n Dent. The Mets and A's in the eighties, you get the picture right up to Aaron Boone in '03, with Grady Little making perhaps the biggest in game blunder, in leaving an obviously spent Pedro in too long, these eyes have seen.
        All the above changed in '04, and that it was the Yankees made it all the sweeter. Criticize all you want, and Tito is making it easy to do, but the teams he manages have shown an amazing resilency too fight through adversity.IMO the real culprit for Sox play is the front office, that has failed in their duty especially providing bull-pen help. Obviously the next 10 games...7 with Rays... will go a long way in determining Sox fate, I for one think they will meet the challenge.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDubs2. Show JDubs2's posts

Re: Ye of little faith?

In Response to Ye of little faith?:
       As someone who has been following the Sox since the sixties, I've seen my share of collaspes. In the early seventies it was to the Orioles, then the Yankees, with Bucky f'n Dent. The Mets and A's in the eighties, you get the picture right up to Aaron Boone in '03, with Grady Little making perhaps the biggest in game blunder, in leaving an obviously spent Pedro in too long, these eyes have seen.     All the above changed in '04, and that it was the Yankees made it all the sweeter. Criticize all you want, and Tito is making it easy to do, but the teams he manages have shown an amazing resilency too fight through adversity.IMO the real culprit for Sox play is the front office, that has failed in their duty especially providing bull-pen help. Obviously the next 10 games...7 with Rays... will go a long way in determining Sox fate, I for one think they will meet the challenge.
    Posted by attic-dan

I agree, the Sox are going to the playoffs and may even win the division. Everyone is going overboard with the negatives.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

This board is out of control! I haven't seen so much bluster and negativity since April. The Sox haven't played well over the last 10 games or so, but how has everyone already forgotten the way they turned around the 2-10 start. This team is capable of going to the World Series. Whether they will or not will be a bit of a crapshoot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to Re: Ye of little faith?:
          This board is out of control! I haven't seen so much bluster and negativity since April. The Sox haven't played well over the last 10 games or so, but how has everyone already forgotten the way they turned around the 2-10 start. This team is capable of going to the World Series. Whether they will or not will be a bit of a crapshoot.     
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom

this team is not WS CAPABLE.
    i'm not even sure this team will make the PO'S.

THANK YOU THEO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

QUITE FRANKLY SON,  I DON'T LIKE HOW THINGS HAVE GONE/ARE GOING THE LAST 10 DAYS......  THE SHIP IS IN ROUGH SEAS !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I'm going to have to cast my vote with Bill-806...

... Beckett, Buchy and now possibly Youk and Bedard... no es looko muy goodo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbfrogger. Show cbfrogger's posts

there were naysayers and negativity just like this in 2004 and 2007....not saying this year will end that way but some people love to talk about the sox imminent demise.....and then if it happens, gloat that they predicted it....its nuts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

maybe if our players looked like athletes and actually could play a few consecutive games without needing rest or a trip to the ER we could lighten up a bit....this team is as weak as its manager

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

the pitching blows! throw strikes, do not walk runs in. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Strike-em-out-throw-em-out and big Carl's striving to take JD Drew place for the next 7 years. 

Open your eyes, don't be fooled, 3 run Jacks and the Rays are back. 

Faith is a two way street. Faith brought us 04 and 07 and it also brought us this train wreck that is playing out in slow motion. 

Biff said last week that by the end of this week we'd be talking wildcard not division race and he was right on the mark. Recall Biff also said we wouldn't make the playoffs. Why don't you have some faith in Biff?    

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Lackey and K. Krawford are painful to watch. I guess you don't get much for $224 million anymore. What was Theo smoking? When he signed these two turkeys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Faith is supposed to be positive. I do believe that you need to study the definition.
    Posted by Pollyanna1964

You have no right to post here.

You don't have enough posts.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Re: Ye of little faith? : Did you say these things immediately after those two signings? If so then I tip my hat to you.
    Posted by Pollyanna1964

You don't have enough posts here to be able to post.

Come back when you have a couple thousand.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

really Pikeyanna??? you can't say it was a bad signing unless you said it before it happened???? did you or theo make up that rule?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to Re: Ye of little faith? : Did you say these things immediately after those two signings? If so then I tip my hat to you.
    Posted by Pollyanna1964

Never liked the signings from the get go. Lackey because, typical mild mild west big park, fly ball pitcher, you don't win in Fenway without a great fastball or a sinker, Lackey has neither.  Crawford because of his bad OBP numbers and his poor record against LHP .His weak arm limits him to left field . Dumb signing.

But honestly, I never thought they would turn out to be the disaster that they have. No one could imagine , that they could be this bad. If it wern't for the contract, they both would have been traded by now.  

That's the  real issue . With mega contracts, very few teams can afford to pick them up. So if they bust, your stuck with them. I'll eat crow in front of Fanuel hall, if your not seeing the best of Crawford right now, you don't think he can possibly get worse, just watch. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

And no matter who you are, when the have-nots finish better than the haves it always a good story. In this case the story is our high-priced Sox and our RS nations boasting all summer about our Sox. Now look.

How does it feel? (Dylan)

The story is not faith or lack it. The story is David is beating Goliath.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

To all the sportswriters...think about a new career in predicting the weather. You will do just as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Ye of little faith? : I agree, the Sox are going to the playoffs and may even win the division. Everyone is going overboard with the negatives.
    Posted by JDubs2

Really? With what pitching staff?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And no matter who you are, when the have-nots finish better than the haves it always a good story. In this case the story is our high-priced Sox and our RS nations boasting all summer about our Sox. Now look. How does it feel? (Dylan) The story is not faith or lack it. The story is David is beating Goliath.   
    Posted by proftom

Dead wrong. It's all about having faith in what you believe in deep down, not what the panic in you says.

Faith is tested when logic says otherwise.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts