Yeah... Ortiz is all done.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Yeah... Ortiz is all done.

I have to smile ...

Folks keep saying he's done ... and are really snotty about it.

I just enjoy what he keeps on doing. 

Sooner or later, they are gonna be right.  But for over 4 seasons now, they have been wrong.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i thought he was done 3 years ago.....i think i made a mistake there

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

How come the resident Papi basher Bill and his silly dad aren't posting on this thread eating crow? Come on Bill, tell us about the bad wheel one more time, and give your insipid sidekick softy a chance to go off on a tangent about how many games Papi will play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Oh, after the CHB's story on Papi today, Billy boy may be back on it soon enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Big Papi continues to disappoint.......

the Ortiz bashers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Think not!

The hitting streak continues for Big Papi - now at career high 27 games straight w/ a hit.

A career high!!

He's still not going to steal 20 bags this year!!  Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Because Papi has consistantly hit throughout his career, now for no good reason, the Boston media decides to bring into question the validity of Papis production.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Because Papi has consistantly hit throughout his career, now for no good reason, the Boston media decides to bring into question the validity of Papis production.

Leave it to Shaughnessy.

I refuse to read his crap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Leave it to Shaughnessy.

I refuse to read his crap.

Todays media isnt real reporting, its about just getting your name out there anyway you can and starting this kind of story is a good way to do it. There is nothing but speculation, but the boston media is eating it up and are so self righteous that they think their opinions and unfounded speculation of papi are facts. Pathetic.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

And people wonder why the Globe is failing.  It's hilarious enough that I don't think they have ever broken any news about any Boston sports team, but the fact that most of the writers are jokers like Mazz and Shaughnessy who write these lazy fluff pieces that might as well be the media's version of trolling is just pathetic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to oscars' comment:

How come the resident Papi basher Bill and his silly dad aren't posting on this thread eating crow? Come on Bill, tell us about the bad wheel one more time, and give your insipid sidekick softy a chance to go off on a tangent about how many games Papi will play.

No need to eat crow for either.  They have moved the goalpost now to "no way he can stay healthy all season/guaranteed to break down/THE HEEL".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Big Papi continues to disappoint.......

the Ortiz bashers

Hehe ....g1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Some think that they work for BDC in order to increase revenue."

Only a true moron would think that, so hopefully no one does. I've explained to you before that there is no revenue model here. A few additional comments don't impact anything financially for BDC. I'm not explaining to this to you again, it's a crackpot theory on your part with no ties to financial reality.

A few years ago, it was perfectly reasonable to think Papi was done. With the crack down on steroids, he is practically the only example of a hitter like him regaining and keeping his form. 

That said, those who thought he was done this year were wrong. Those who thought the Sox had better hitting options were wrong. 

nothing wrong with being wrong, just enjoy the Papi. Worry about other stuff. :) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

And people wonder why the Globe is failing.  It's hilarious enough that I don't think they have ever broken any news about any Boston sports team, but the fact that most of the writers are jokers like Mazz and Shaughnessy who write these lazy fluff pieces that might as well be the media's version of trolling is just pathetic.

Mazz doesn't write for the Globe anymore and was never a reporter for the Globe. He was a columnist for boston.com. There's a difference in roles of reporters and columnists. The last time Mazz wa a reporter was when he was with the Herald.

How is Shaughnessy's story a "lazy fluff piece." I could agree if he wrote a columnist speculating about Ortiz being on steroids. That would have been lazy and cowardly like the Blue Jays announcers.

But Shaughnessy asked Ortiz about the subject. Contrary to what too many fans think, PEDs remains an issue. The players made it this way by dragging their feet on testing. It took an act of Congress for something to happen.

So unlike many columnists who make these types of charges and avoid the player and the locker room, Shaughnessy talked to Ortiz man to man. He didn't hide. Even if you don't like Shaughnessy, you have to give him credit for that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Just 30 more games to go to break the record.   Cool

Easy for me to say.   LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Will this count as "the record"? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to DaffyDan's comment:

OUCH.    LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to DaffyDan's comment:

OUCH.    LOL

I KNOW you're a good guy, but  is putting 'LOL' after everything a habit?, or are you really laughing out loud?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Which is why I rarely LOL ...  I coined a term SWT...  smiling while typing

:o)

When I LOL I really have or am ....

I used to get torked at Papi bashers .... now all he has done is take care of the issue, again.  And again ...

On the issue of Mazz, I found him much more palatable than CHB .... but in the end, he became one spoiled by success as well.  He had to find the negative, even in the midst of so much good.  Alas ... the disease seems to have been wide spread among some fans.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts