Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East...

That gives Lavarnway 25 HR between AA and AAA this season.  He's also now batting .318 (almost .400 in AAA).  I think he's knocking at MLB's door.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East...

this kids a stud...maybe we can package him with Bellsbury and ship him to LA for Matt Kemp

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East...:
    [QUOTE]this kids a stud...maybe we can package him with Bellsbury and ship him to LA for Matt Kemp
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]
    No, Lavarnway needs to stay and replace Varitek, perferably immediately. The Dodgers will accept lesser prospects, like Weiland and an OF.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East... : No, Lavarnway needs to stay and replace Varitek, perferably immediately. The Dodgers will accept lesser prospects, like Weiland and an OF.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

I wasn't being serious

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

HA! He has hit as many dingers as Kemp.
    Both play in AAA/AAAA leagues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East...:
    [QUOTE]That gives Lavarnway 25 HR between AA and AAA this season.  He's also now batting .318 (almost .400 in AAA).  I think he's knocking at MLB's door.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Lavarnway may end up forcing Theo's hand in letting Tek go next season, unless he really wants a third catcher.
      Tek seems to be heading into the same backwards trend at the plate as the last few seasons.  Jason calls a nice game which is very important, I also like him as a mentor so maybe he could join our coaching staff at some point.

I think Papi will be back so back up catcher seems like a realistic scenario for Lavarnway next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Lavarnway couldn't catch a M.L. cold.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

harness, it's hard to know at this point in his career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

He was just robbed of another HR in his last AB tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]Lavarnway couldn't catch a M.L. cold.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Watch as Harness bashes any player that is a threat to his man crush Varitek. His obsession with Varitek is disturbing and he obviously needs help. Where is the rubber room when you need it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Very impressive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East... : Watch as Harness bashes any player that is a threat to his man crush Varitek. His obsession with Varitek is disturbing and he obviously needs help. Where is the rubber room when you need it?

I don't know if you should be talking about disturbing trends. 

And FWIW, the scouting report above was not high on his defensive skills, at least at this point; they project him to be a DH/bench type, a-la Montero.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East... : I don't know if you should be talking about disturbing trends.  And FWIW, the scouting report above was not high on his defensive skills, at least at this point; they project him to be a DH/bench type, a-la Montero.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I second that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

This kid had dicispline at the plate, and he hits the curve, which is rare for a young player.
    He's hit everywhere he's been.  If this is the case, find him a place to play in the future.
    Not to get like the Reddick worshippers, but this kid reminds me of early Mark McGwire. He hits bombs. Old friend Brandon Moss robbed him of a game tying homer in the 9th.
    Fun to watch in Pawtucket, if nothing else.
    Oh, and he's hitting .464 against lefties, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lavarnway only has 125 at-bat in Pawtucket, but he seems to have all the talent in the world and is really progressing nicely.  It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up for the rest of the year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Very impressive. http://www.soxprospects.com/players/lavarnway-ryan.htm

2010PeoriaAFLFallBos222182152230312341616000.2680.3800.4150.795

I guess that answers the question of whether it will play in Peoria or not. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Will he pass the Softlaw litmus test for overhype? That is the question. The scale for overhype is derrived in a black box in Softy's den. When will his figures be released to the public and especially the BDC forum. Keep me advised.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Watch as Harness bashes any player that is a threat to his man crush Varitek. His obsession with Varitek is disturbing and he obviously needs help. Where is the rubber room when you need it?

Well, some folks can't let go of talking about certain players repeatedly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another HR by the best catching prospect in the AL East... : I don't know if you should be talking about disturbing trends.  And FWIW, the scouting report above was not high on his defensive skills, at least at this point; they project him to be a DH/bench type, a-la Montero.

This is my whole point. Lavarnway may end up a hitting stud, but his age and lack of experience as a catcher heavily work against him rising to elite status "defensively".

Softone and his cyborg are both one step from the white-coats. I can just seem em in a straight-jacket, pen in mouth, trying to bash Jake/Lowrie - and using the walls as papyrus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Brandon Moss!  I was just wondering on him the other day, along with Hansen.  Still in Pitts system is he?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

They gave upon Moss, and wisely so. He looks to be a AAA lifer.
    Hanson last pitched in 2010, in their A/AA affiliates.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dozer130. Show Dozer130's posts

Jesus Montero is the best catching prospect in the AL East.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]They gave upon Moss, and wisely so. He looks to be a AAA lifer. Hanson last pitched in 2010, in their A/AA affiliates.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  And I looked and saw that Moss is with the Phillies' AAA team now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

jesus montero WAS the best catching prospect in the AL east. I think lavarnway has taken that title from him. Not to mention that montero is worse defensively than lavarnway and is almost certain to be a 1B/Dh type.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

They probably sign Salty long term, he has been Theo's man love for years. Lavarnway is a stud , maybe he isn't a MLB catcher yet, and maybe he will never be, but someone will be smart enough to move him to the outfield or first base and see if he is a real hitter. Typical blocking of the farm system by Theo. It goes back to Renteria, Lugo on and on. They tout Hanley as the best prospect in the system and then they sign Renteria. They had Kalish and Reddick , good prospects and they back up the Brinks truck for a Left Handed Outfielder with no arm and can't hit a southpaws junk, for $142 million.

Lavarnway is the best hitting catching prospect in The Red Sox system, since Carlton Fisk. They trade this guy , and the Kosher Butcher from Brookline should be fired.