Yo Adrian!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yo Adrian!

When is this guy going to get his head in the game?  Seems like he wants to be like Boggs - show up and collect your 200 hits and collect a HUGE paycheck.

Not running out ground balls is a disgrace

Just last night in the same inning he doesn't slide into 2B and nearly gets tagged out.....You slide through the bag.  When you slow down to go in standing you run the risk of getting burned

And then the pick off play?

Yo Adrian is right - For The other one - Beltre would never play like this.  Thank you Theo!!!!!!!!

We need a manager who will bench and fine guys for play like this

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Yo Adrian!

a-gone is an animal and so what if he is in a slump right now... at least when he is slumping he can be somewhat productive.. more than you can say for any other great player who has hit a slump.

what happens when he catches fire and becomes a machine? i hope you like eggs..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You are right.  It has been well documented over the coruse of 100 years of baseball that when players go into hitting slumps, it means that they no longer have to show any life, hustle, or rudimentary alertness what-so-ever when running the bases as this can often lead to prolong hitting slumps.  My bad!

In the meantime, go back and re-read what I wrote.  I was pretty clear that AGone could hit - citing that he will always collect his 200 hits/year.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Yo Adrian!:
    [QUOTE]When is this guy going to get his head in the game?  Seems like he wants to be like Boggs - show up and collect your 200 hits and collect a HUGE paycheck. Not running out ground balls is a disgrace Just last night in the same inning he doesn't slide into 2B and nearly gets tagged out.....You slide through the bag.  When you slow down to go in standing you run the risk of getting burned And then the pick off play? Yo Adrian is right - For The other one - Beltre would never play like this.  Thank you Theo!!!!!!!! We need a manager who will bench and fine guys for play like this
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

So... he didn't get tagged out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]When is this guy going to get his head in the game? 

Seems like he wants to be like Boggs - show up and collect your 200 hits and collect a HUGE paycheck.

Not running out ground balls is a disgrace Just last night in the same inning he doesn't slide into 2B and nearly gets tagged out.....You slide through the bag.  When you slow down to go in standing you run the risk of getting burned And then the pick off play? Yo Adrian is right - For The other one - Beltre would never play like this.  Thank you Theo!!!!!!!! We need a manager who will bench and fine guys for play like this

Boggs ...what a lousy player .... he and his 200 hits a season.
    Just like anyone is capable of that ... I know Boggs did it 7 seasons in a row here but ... are you REALLY knocking him? OMG

12 times All Star, 2 time GG, HOFer ..... Boggs was lousy. Only walked twice for every time he whiffed ....

Andrew, I know this season has been disapppointing, but have you really lost your nut going after Boggs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is an interesting comparsion. You think a player stinks because he is too much like a HOF 3rd baseman. Interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I'm with you Andrew -- 

Not to mention the throwing error on the routine rundown.

Yeah he'll probably start to hit at some point, but he's not a guy I'd want my younger players to look up to, which they can't avoid because of the big salary.

Meanwhile, I'd like to see him try to improve some part of his game, such as hustling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Yo Adrian!": [QUOTE]When is this guy going to get his head in the game?  Seems like he wants to be like Boggs - show up and collect your 200 hits and collect a HUGE paycheck. Not running out ground balls is a disgrace Just last night in the same inning he doesn't slide into 2B and nearly gets tagged out.....You slide through the bag.  When you slow down to go in standing you run the risk of getting burned And then the pick off play? Yo Adrian is right - For The other one - Beltre would never play like this.  Thank you Theo!!!!!!!! We need a manager who will bench and fine guys for play like this Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] Dumb. His hitting is coming back, and his defense is good enough to get a gold glove last year. He is slow and consequently cautious on the base paths, which helps avoid injuries. Unlike Beltre, he has yet to injure other Sox players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

A RotoGraphs analysis of Adrian Gonzalez and his power decline:

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/adrian-gonzalezs-power-outage-2/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Yo Adrian!:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Yo Adrian!": Dumb. His hitting is coming back, and his defense is good enough to get a gold glove last year. He is slow and consequently cautious on the base paths, which helps avoid injuries. Unlike Beltre, he has yet to injure other Sox players.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    Low blow. In case you didn't notice, Beltre was hustling his butt off. Ellsbury did not call him off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i don't get why some people don't like agon? are they like braindead?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Re: Yo Adrian!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yo Adrian! : Low blow. In case you didn't notice, Beltre was hustling his butt off. Ellsbury did not call him off. Posted by expitch[/QUOTE] Beltre took out two left fielders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]When is this guy going to get his head in the game?  Seems like he wants to be like Boggs - show up and collect your 200 hits and collect a HUGE paycheck. Not running out ground balls is a disgrace Just last night in the same inning he doesn't slide into 2B and nearly gets tagged out.....You slide through the bag.  When you slow down to go in standing you run the risk of getting burned And then the pick off play? Yo Adrian is right - For The other one - Beltre would never play like this.  Thank you Theo!!!!!!!! We need a manager who will bench and fine guys for play like this

Boggs was maniacal as far as preperation went.  Boggs was known for his work ethic, I actually have never heard of anyone saying he just showed up and collected his paycheck.

this is not meant to be sarcastic but when did you start watching the Red Sox?  He was a jerk but this is what people thought of his work ethic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yo Adrian! : Boggs was maniacal as far as preperation went.  Boggs was known for his work ethic, I actually have never heard of anyone saying he just showed up and collected his paycheck. this is not meant to be sarcastic but when did you start watching the Red Sox?  He was a jerk but this is what people thought of his work ethic. http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/content/printer_friendly/bos/y2005/m01/d04/c927388.jsp
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

And to add, I never heard criticism of how he ran the bases or played in the field.

The only criticism of Boggs' play on the field was that he was "selfish" at times in simply trying to get a hit instead of give himself by trying to pull the ball with a runner on second to move the runner over or to drive the ball for a SF if there was a runner on third.

Of course, in both cases if he got the hit, he got the job done anyway, but if he didn't get the hit, he might ground out to SS going the opposite way with a guy on second or simply ground out with a runner on third.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Say what you want but Gonzalez does not look like a guy who has his head in the game and there is never an excuse not to hustle.

For those of you who are a little slow, I repeat - I am not knocking the man's talent or ability to hit a baseball. 

I can take 1 million little leaguers who will never be able to hit a ML pitch and they will all demonstrate how to run the bases in a better fashion than the 154 million dollar statue.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Yo Adrian!": Beltre took out two left fielders.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    Because he was hustling, and they didn't call him off. You seem to like facts but without context. COLLISIONS took out two leftfielders. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Exactly and again, anyone who AGone last night when he alomst got tagged out at second and then DID get picked OFF of 2b and believe this guy has his head in the game and is a hustler should be certified as insane.  I think even Donnie "Tow the Company Line" Orsillio I think called him out on that......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

A-Gon knows he isn't fast or agile, he doesn't try to do things he knows his body can't produce. Once again, I know people want to see "hustle" but if Pedroia can't beat out most infield hitss, than what really is the point of A-Gon trying it? If he pulled a hammy or hurt his foot trying to stretch out for the bag that only hurts this team having him out of the line up.

Trust me I understand the value of hustle and I always dug it out in hopes I could get an infield single and I always got dirty, but not everyone plays that style of baseball.

You basically are upset because your not getting what YOU want, YOU want to see him hustle, YOU think his head is not in the game, YOU think he is terrible even though his production through out this slump is impressive considering the circumstances.

Want to talk about having your head in the game along with Beltre, who you think is somehow better because he runs a little harder, that guy took out 2 of our own players. Hustle is nice if you know what the hell is going on around you. Adrian will not run hard when he knows there is no chance to make it, it's just how the river flows, so get over it because it's not changing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]A RotoGraphs analysis of Adrian Gonzalez and his power decline: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/adrian-gonzalezs-power-outage-2/
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    That whole article can be summed up like this "with all our statistical information we specifically used to show a decline in power we still don't know why it is." Awesome, I am glad a read an article with absolutely zero value. When this guy has 2 consecutive seasons with number below .280/20HR/100RBIs then I will think there is a major decline in his power. Adrian is a pure hitter who is strong enough to yank homers, he will always take a single over try to swing for the fences. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yo Adrian! : Boggs was maniacal as far as preperation went.  Boggs was known for his work ethic, I actually have never heard of anyone saying he just showed up and collected his paycheck. this is not meant to be sarcastic but when did you start watching the Red Sox?  He was a jerk but this is what people thought of his work ethic. http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/content/printer_friendly/bos/y2005/m01/d04/c927388.jsp
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

The problem with Boggs is, much like Beckett, he was known for eating chicken...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

" If he pulled a hammy or hurt his foot trying to stretch out for the bag that only hurts this team having him out of the line up."

Huh?

Isn't running hard to first, like, part of baseball?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]A-Gon knows he isn't fast or agile, he doesn't try to do things he knows his body can't produce. Once again, I know people want to see "hustle" but if Pedroia can't beat out most infield hitss, than what really is the point of A-Gon trying it? If he pulled a hammy or hurt his foot trying to stretch out for the bag that only hurts this team having him out of the line up. Trust me I understand the value of hustle and I always dug it out in hopes I could get an infield single and I always got dirty, but not everyone plays that style of baseball. You basically are upset because your not getting what YOU want, YOU want to see him hustle, YOU think his head is not in the game, YOU think he is terrible even though his production through out this slump is impressive considering the circumstances. Want to talk about having your head in the game along with Beltre, who you think is somehow better because he runs a little harder, that guy took out 2 of our own players. Hustle is nice if you know what the hell is going on around you. Adrian will not run hard when he knows there is no chance to make it, it's just how the river flows, so get over it because it's not changing.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

wow you are are really proving my points

*  why try?  wow.  if that is the case then all ground balls are automatic outs - just head STRAIGHT back to the dugout

*  everyone SHOULD play that style of baseball

*  Who woudn't want to see that style of ball?  Do you really think he's head is in the game after watching him last night?  I am not critizing his ability to hit a baseball - for the third time, that is NOT the point

*  Yes, I don't think Adrian always understands what the hell is going on around him as evidenced on how he ran the bases last night

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]"   Isn 't running hard to first, like, part of baseball?
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Apparently not for everyone on this team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yo Adrian! : Apparently not for everyone on this team.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Exactly and it sets a very bad example

Even Ortiz has a couple of IF hits and Manny had a handful too

Gonzalez is well on his way to making my S-List......I guess Drew didn't warn him

Sections
Shortcuts