Yo Adrian!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Yo Adrian!

In Response to Re: Yo Adrian!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yo Adrian! : Exactly and it sets a very bad example Even Ortiz has a couple of IF hits and Manny had a handful too Gonzalez is well on his way to making my S-List......I guess Drew didn't warn him
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Manny is probably a bad one to use to support your side of the argument.

It might help if you forgot that game, August 24th, 2005 at Kansas City.  But I didn't.

Manny came up with one out, and the bases loaded in a game with the Soxleading 3-1.   He hit a mild ground ball to SS, and decided to jog it out to 1B.  Because of his leisurely pace, the Royals easily turned a double play.  Since the last out was recorded as a force out, Johnny Damon's run was disallowed.    Down only 2, ther Royals eventually battlede back for a tie, and an eventual win in extra innings.

This was huge, becuase the Sox tied for the regualr season record with the Yankee, and were relegated to Wild Card team, where the White Sox swept them.

So Manny is the guy you want to use as a sample of a hustler?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]i don't get why some people don't like agon? are they like braindead?
    Posted by raider3524[/QUOTE]

Like totally braindead. 

Attacking Agon and Boggs in the same post ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Mo Vaughn said on WEEI that he spent a few minutes trying tell (or maybe educate) Gonzales on the value of using The Wall.

Obviously Vaughn notices there is some improvment to be made in AGon's Fenway game, or maybe not? Just a thought

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Mo Vaughn said on WEEI that he spent a few minutes trying tell (or maybe educate) Gonzales on the value of using The Wall. Obviously Vaughn notices there is some improvment to be made in AGon's game, or maybe not? Just a thought
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Always value in a good tip and even more in with good coaching.  Always. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Adrian's bat is still a little slow. That's why pitchers are coming right after him. He's either swung and missed or made weak outs on pitches that used to be in his wheelhouse. He will be pitched this way until he turns some of those pitches around. The sooner, the better. This club needs power from him. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If the team really wants someone to hit homeruns they will have to make a trade. The only player this winter available as a FA who will mash is Josh Hamilton.

Where can they get that 35+ homerun hitter? Right-handed no less.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Again though, the point is he doesn't hustle and falls asleep on the bases.  I don't care if he hits like Hank Aaron.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i'm afraid hamilton will end up like youk. he hasn't proven to be very durable. the money we would spend on hamilton would be better spent of trying to keep ellsbury in a sox uniform for his entire career

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

First off A-Gon tries, he just doesn't run as hard as others do. He is probably the slowest guy on the team. He will never be fast, it's not like he isn't running out of the box. He is thrown out before he is even 3/4 of the way to the bag. This is also because he hits a lot of balls to the right side of the infield making it even quicker for him to be thrown out. The only way A-Gon is safe on a infield hit is if the first baseman doesn't dig it out or it is thrown away.

Everyone SHOULD do a lot of things,but  there are drastically different types of baseball players nowadays. I already said I used to play the hustle style Pedroia plays and I enjoy watching that, but I understand not to expect it form everyone. I have been watching baseball a long time and I have seen my fair share of guy who hustle all the time, some who hustle half the time and some who don't really hustle at all.

Adrian's base running isn't great because he, once again isn't fast or agile, it is his fault he got caught, of course. But, lets be realistic he is a gold glove winner, you think his head isn't in the game? I understand why you don't like the fact he doesn't hustle. But you don't understand that it won't change and I am really just trying to say is that it's pointless to get worked up about something that will never be. He brings so much other skills to this Sox team that him not hustling, basically only on infield singles, is the least of the things I would gripe about on a consistent basis.

BTW, I am not trying to pick a fight with you AM, I just enjoy a good firendly debate. As said before, I get where you are coming from and I agree to a degree. Probably not going to debate this much longer, because there are people who just won't like A-Gon's game and I could nitpick the hell out of pretty much every other player on this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's all cool Free but I really can't tolerate lack of hustle.  Did you see him last night?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]It's all cool Free but I really can't tolerate lack of hustle.  Did you see him last night?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Yes I did and to be honest when I played I would be the one to say something to him. I would even give him a few tips, being a teammate requires constructive criticism. However, you and I are not part of the team and don't know much about the guy or how his team feels about his game. It's not like his "lack of interest" is as obvious as it is with Beckett. In the end you are right, he could really try to kick it in an extra gear to get down the line.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I't not pointless to call out guys for not hustling

Pointless to say they should be "better" but you never need to be "better" to hustle

I am sure you get the difference

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

F Wade Boggs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

What a pile of Krap this thread is.  Get a life OP.  You are one HUGE DRAG. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KurtColorado. Show KurtColorado's posts

In response to "Yo Adrian!": [QUOTE]When is this guy going to get his head in the game?  Seems like he wants to be like Boggs - show up and collect your 200 hits and collect a HUGE paycheck. Not running out ground balls is a disgrace Just last night in the same inning he doesn't slide into 2B and nearly gets tagged out.....You slide through the bag.  When you slow down to go in standing you run the risk of getting burned And then the pick off play? Yo Adrian is right - For The other one - Beltre would never play like this.  Thank you Theo!!!!!!!! We need a manager who will bench and fine guys for play like this Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] I don't see much of anything on this team to like anymore and Adrian is a big part of that. He isn't clutch, underperforming against the teams we need good production against , such as Tampa Bay; he doesn't seem capable of carrying a team like his 22.5 million dollar contract Warrants. His power numbers aren't going to improve a year post surgery like many expected. Ii'd be surprised it he hits 20 HRs this year.He's another under-performing ,overpaid dud , which, unfortunately , characterizes this team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

It's like I have said many times before, he is a bum,he stinks to high heaven and he is as useless as teats on a boar hog!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lets see.  Thus far as a Sox, he has had an almost mvp-calibre season (don't take my word, check the voting), won a gold glove, had a significant hand in re-inventing Papi into an all-fields hitting machine (don't take my word, take Papi's), far and away has led the team in RBIs.  Yeah he has struggled early (obviously coming out of it now, pay attention folks).  Yeah, he believes in God's will.  No, he doesn't exactly bust his butt down the line on routine groundballs.  His sins upon his head.  But, seriously?  

A-Mitch and others: ripping Gonzalez, a consumate pro and gentle guy, says much more about you than it does about Adrian. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yes he runs slow, but we have seen him run hard when needed, and he is still slow. He is anything but slow at 1B and is absolutely not afraid to throw ahead of base runners. One game he gambled throwing to third and lost, but it was still a good play. Another time he charged a grounder and nailed a guy going home to save a critical run. Pedroia runs hard because he was born fast. AGon was born slow, but his brain works very fast and it shows in the field. Andrewmitch's mouth was born fast, but his brain is one of the slowest on OTFB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

Yeah, Manny was horrible. Who needs the two World Series wins? We'd all rather have some "respectful" player hit .280 every year than Lazy Manny and his annual .325, 35, 125. Wade Boggs was another lousy player, to hear the posters tell it. He hit a terrible .328 over his career and is in the Hall of Fame. Now we have to hear that AGon doesn't hustle and Ellsbury should be trade bait. These guys produce, just as does Dustin "that's not how we do it here" Pedroia, patron saint of hustling RS players. In the meantime the pitchers really do suck. Let's stick to criticizing them.

Sections
Shortcuts