Yo Adrian!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Yo Adrian!

Wow, so many of you really lack any discernable reading comprehension skills

Let me see if I can try this one last time

Adrian Gonzalez:

TALENT = GREAT

HUSTLE = TERRIBLE

Maybe that will help but I doubt it........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Yo Adrian!:
    [QUOTE]Lets see.  Thus far as a Sox, he has had an almost mvp-calibre season (don't take my word, check the voting), won a gold glove, had a significant hand in re-inventing Papi into an all-fields hitting machine (don't take my word, take Papi's), far and away has led the team in RBIs.  Yeah he has struggled early (obviously coming out of it now, pay attention folks).  Yeah, he believes in God's will.  No, he doesn't exactly bust his butt down the line on routine groundballs.  His sins upon his head.  But, seriously?   A-Mitch and others: ripping Gonzalez, a consumate pro and gentle guy, says much more about you than it does about Adrian. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

theres no place for your fancy numbers and logic here!!

tar & feather the spaceman and run him out of town!! *grabs pitchfork*

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yo Adrian! : theres no place for your fancy numbers and logic here!! tar & feather the spaceman and run him out of town!! *grabs pitchfork*
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

sorry if all of this is going over your head

i never said anything about his talent or the man he is.  i only ripped his lack of hustle and i would do that every time - even to Yaz, Pedey, or ANYONE. 

there is never any excuse for not hustling......

but that's fine, i guess i'll just wait for another response showing Adrian's stats - unbelievable.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I understand. I still love him. He simply is not a leader. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yo Adrian! : sorry if all of this is going over your head i never said anything about his talent or the man he is.  i only ripped his lack of hustle and i would do that every time - even to Yaz, Pedey, or ANYONE.  there is never any excuse for not hustling...... but that's fine, i guess i'll just wait for another response showing Adrian's stats - unbelievable.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

i get what your saying but don't you think its nitpicking to rip on a guy who for once is living up to his FA contract in boston?? so what if he doesn't sprint down the bases every time.. there are much much worse things he could be (or not be) doing on and off the field.

i just don't see why you'd pick him when theres a whole starting rotation that can't go deeper than 5 innings save 2 pitchers and can't get through a start without giving up 5 runs.. A-gone is the least of our worries

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Again, because you can NOT control talent (ie pitching effectively or hitting homers etc etc etc) but you CAN control hustling. 

REPEAT AFTER ME:

HUSTLING IS NEVER CONTINGENT ON TALENT

TALENT IS CONTIGENT ON TALENT

HUSTLING IS NOT CONTINGENT ON TALENT

and another thing - NOT hustling is DISRESPECTFUL to the game.  Period. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

your still making a mountain out of a molehill...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]your still making a mountain out of a molehill...
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  You play the game right.  An entire season and World Series can hinge on half a step.  You never give an inch to the other team.  I don't think enough is being made of this issue.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yo Adrian! : I disagree.  You play the game right.  An entire season and World Series can hinge on half a step.  You never give an inch to the other team.  I don't think enough is being made of this issue.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    an entire season and world series can hinge on LOTS of things. not hustling down the line is at the bottom of the list....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yo Adrian! : an entire season and world series can hinge on LOTS of things. not hustling down the line is at the bottom of the list....
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

You realize that you are proving my point, right?

It is all important.  Hustling on the bases is an EASY and CONTROLLABLE thing to do plus it is DISRESPECTFUL not to play the game the RIGHT WAY.

You think Yaz and Evans and Ripken and Fisk and etc etc isn't bothered by this style of play?  Again, even Donnie "Tow the Company Line" Orsillio called him out the other night for being "lack a dasicial" (no idea of how to spell that!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I wish we had a manager who isn't afraid to bench guys - or better yet, pull them off the field during the inning - for not hustling....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

"So, after reading your quote above regarding Agon, I guess it can be assumed that you're not one of the folks getting "worked up" about Beckett at all.  'Lack of hustle'...perceived 'lack of caring'....I mean, what's the difference?  What I'm really just trying to say is that's it's pointless to get worked up about something that Beckett will never be.  Right?"

"So, you're not a part of the team, so you don't know much about Agon or how his team feels about his game so you can't pass judgement on his lack of hustle.  But....conversely, you know so much about Beckett and his internal motivations and "lack of interest" even though you're not part of the team, in which case (like with Agon) you don't know much about Beckett or how his team feels about his game.  That's quite a trick."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we will start with your first comment, I am not worked up about Beckett. How did you get that out of my post about A-Gon? Maybe you haven't watched the Sox much and probably don't follow baseball as a whole, I mean we might as a well keep assuming based on the way you assume I am worked up about Beckett. Right? Beckett has always been a little aloof his entire career, his conditioning has visibly been poor, his own words have expressed his distain for parts of the game, etc.

I am not part of the team, but Beckett goes golfing when he is "injured" does A-Gon do anything like that. It's not like A-Gon went down to Mexico to go shooting with his bad shoulder. Beckett said and I quote "'(Baseball) is not the most important thing in my life'. Has A-Gon said anything specifically denouncing his own personal level on interest in the game? Sure A-Gon has a different and very religious outlook on life, but that is no reason to knock him. There are clear differences here, what is a nice trick is you ability to come on here and only post something specifically going after a fellow poster and not even providing much discussion besides assumptions and loosely based connections about two very different situations. Once again I am not worked up about Beckett, it' what it is and it's not surprising after watching all these years of him in baseball, however I am done watching this trainwreck and would like him gone and never really supported his extension. 

Make sense to you or should I make some rash rationalizations about you based on a few posts on a internet forum?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

AM you are right, it was Tito that made me long for a manager with the balls to step up to his players and make it be known that their actions or lack there of have consequences. There have been so many boneheaded plays in the outfield, on the base paths, with the starting pitching, I agree i wish we had a manager that would just yank a guy out of the game.

For example, personally I though Bard deserved to be yanked after that second bock the other night. Talk about not having your head in the game and the leaving him in there and then having to go to the pen and guess what the Royals capitalized on our overall poor baseball decisions.

BV will never do this because the owners would never allow him to start the type of controversy that would ensue the moment, even rookie or veteran, players begin to get pulled.

btw, AM, you were close with the spelling of lackadaisical

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.