Yo BEN, Danny is getting ready to make a "BLOCKBUSTER" !!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Yo BEN, Danny is getting ready to make a

Ben already made his blockbuster. Don't you remember Beckett, Crawford, AGone and of course Punto to the Dodgers. That was probably the biggest deal in any sport in the last decade.

Now is not the time for any more blockbusters. Just in case you haven't noticed we are in 1st place.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ben already made his blockbuster. Don't you remember Beckett, Crawford, AGone and of course Punto to the Dodgers. That was probably the biggest deal in any sport in the last decade.

Now is not the time for any more blockbusters. Just in case you haven't noticed we are in 1st place.

Are we ?????  I was just trying to position us to stay there !!!!

[/QUOTE]

And you think we need to make a blockbuster? Really??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I don.t know about a blockbuster deal. But, the Sox  do need something in the form of a solid starter. Especially with tonight's injury to Lester.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bill again wants to break a team that leads the AL.  Why?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Celtics tearing it down and rebuilding makes some sense.  On the other hand , the Sox should be very careful about making any deals right now.  It would be a gamble that we could lose.

Stabbed by Foulke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

I could see trading a bunch of guys nobody wants for King Felix. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

We can never have enough pitching......  Im just saying that BEN should/is keeping an open mind on his 40 man roster.........  BTW, did anyone think that Danny Ainge would do what he has done ???  "BOLD"  !!!

I really dont think it was Bold at all.....it was smart to move KG and Pierce......each have them have 2 years or so lft at best.....the Celtics were not competeing in those 2 years anyway.....why keep them?......the only logical move was to move on and start the rebulding on an accelerated pace....there isnt a GM in the game who probably wouldnt have done the exact same thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:

I don.t know about a blockbuster deal. But, the Sox  do need something in the form of a solid starter. Especially with tonight's injury to Lester.

The Sox do not need a Blockbuster, as a matter of fact, I have come to the point where I think they can stick with internal options from here on this year(unless Buch gets shut down long term).....I think Lester will be fine.....Uehara seems like he can handle the Closer role and Bailey for all his troubles was good in the setup role along with the rest fo a very good Bullpen.....Offensively we just continue to score runs, even without the big RH bat.....Bradley is just waiting and doing well in Pawtucket, if an OF goes down....I have a feeling Webster will do very well tonight.....after the 1st inning last out, he seemed to figure it out a little.....and Lester was much much better last night.....for all the grief we give them....Doubie, Lackey, and Dempster have been as good or better than any 3 to 5 in Baseball...The Race is haf over and we are pace for 96 wins......We got our 36th win from a Starter last night....I said before the season started if we could get 70 from our starting staff, we would be in really good shape....we are on Pace for 72....no we do not need a Blockbuster....we need patience and confidence in the guys who have gotten us where we are at.....big trade now and you risk all the great chemistry that has built on this team so far 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I'm half expecting MadMc , Bill 86 or someone to suggest we approach Dodgers about Yasiel Puig for Will Middlebrooks or something equally ridiculous.

You know, the sort of posters who would bring up Cecchini or Bogaerts RIGHT NOW...and confidently predict we'd know in just one week whether it was correct move. Or expect Seattle would give up Felix Hernandez for Ellsbury and a case of beer.

First place and leading ML in runs scored IS NOT the time for major shakeups, people. Minor complimentary hole-filling and tweaks only.

Sections
Shortcuts