Yoennis Cespedes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Yoennis Cespedes

Does anyone know the latest on this guy defecting?  I thought there was supposed to be a decision made on Tuesday, but I don't see anything. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Yoennis Cespedes

My papa thinks Cherrington is laying in the cut on this one, and the Sox are planning to pounce on Y-Ces.  I am not so sure, but I love the idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

ESPN reported that this might be the Yanks big move and then in turn try and use Swish as trade bait for a good starting pitcher.

I think NY will be his destination.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Yoennis Cespedes:
    [QUOTE]ESPN reported that this might be the Yanks big move and then in turn try and use Swish as trade bait for a good starting pitcher. I think NY will be his destination.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I THINK YOU ARE WRONG!!

No, it makes perfect sense and it will hurt the Spaceman like a moonrock to the head when it happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He makes more sense for us than the NYY, if that helps.  I have no idea if he can play, but I can see CC, Ellsbury/Kalish, and Cespedes across the OF for the next 6 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yoennis Cespedes : I THINK YOU ARE WRONG!! No, it makes perfect sense and it will hurt the Spaceman like a moonrock to the head when it happens.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

That would be very deflating news.  But I love the idea of Yoennis Cespedes roaming our RF and possibly taking over for Ellsbury when his tenure ends.  This guy has really nice power to all fields and a pretty strong arm.  I know he hasn't faced MLB pitching yet, but if he put up those numbers in AAA, teams would be feverishly trying to obtain this guy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

My bet is the Marlins, but NY and Boston are both fits, just depends on the numbers and his preference. He's not a "can't miss" guy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]He makes more sense for us than the NYY, if that helps.  I have no idea if he can play, but I can see CC, Ellsbury/Kalish, and Cespedes across the OF for the next 6 years.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

I agree Joe.  He makes more sense with the Red Sox because we need another RH outfielder.  The Yankees are probably in on him, but why trade a proven Swisher for an unproven player who has never played MLB.  Swisher isn't exactly chopped liver, and everyone can't perform the way he has in NY

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]He makes more sense for us than the NYY, if that helps.  I have no idea if he can play, but I can see CC, Ellsbury/Kalish, and Cespedes across the OF for the next 6 years.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]
     That is a lovely thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]My bet is the Marlins, but NY and Boston are both fits, just depends on the numbers and his preference. He's not a "can't miss" guy...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

Au contraire mon frere!  I do believe he is a can't miss guy.  The same was said about Aroldis Chapman and that we shouldn't believe he throws 100 mph and then the guy touches 104 mph and is making nice strides.  Cespedes may need some time in AAA to adjust to American life and baseball, but there is no denying his skill set.  I've witnessed 4 tools on the video, I just need to know if he will hit for avg...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Joe, tell us where the value is in 40 million dollars a year for Crawford and Ellsbury. This year, it will only be a mere 30 million! How about Kalish instead of Ellsbury..........................................................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

http://www.examiner.com/chicago-white-sox-in-chicago/sox-eyeing-cespedes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Yoennis Cespedes": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yoennis Cespedes : Au contraire mon frere!  I do believe he is a can't miss guy.  The same was said about Aroldis Chapman and that we shouldn't believe he throws 100 mph and then the guy touches 104 mph and is making nice strides.  Cespedes may need some time in AAA to adjust to American life and baseball, but there is no denying his skill set.  I've witnessed 4 tools on the video, I just need to know if he will hit for avg... Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE] Ok, we'll agree to disagree. Lots of guys with "great skill sets" have never had any success in the bigs. There are some scouts who have seen him live that don't like him. By the way, "can't miss" is a guy who all scouts agree will be successful. The Griffeys and Arods are examples of "can't miss." There have been plenty of hyped Cubans who were considered busts. Jose Contreras comes to mind...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think NY would part with Swish because of his October numbers and the fact that he is marketable.

The Yanks might also be inclined to match Gardner in a trade with Montero for an Ace Type pitcher. Gardner is under control for a few years left and a top base stealer with an excellent glove and adequate bat. Add Montero's top prospect rating and you have a serious package deal here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Yoennis Cespedes": [QUOTE]I think NY would part with Swish because of his October numbers and the fact that he is marketable. The Yanks might also be inclined to match Gardner in a trade with Montero for an Ace Type pitcher. Gardner is under control for a few years left and a top base stealer with an excellent glove and adequate bat. Add Montero's top prospect rating and you have a serious package deal here. Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] Jesseyeric, you're not getting an "ace type" pitcher for an outfielder with no pop and a young hitter without a real position. I like Gardner a lot and Montero will hit, but aces are almost always dealt for top young pitching prospects, which I don't see the Yankees moving right now. They need to get younger...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Yoennis Cespedes": Jesseyeric, you're not getting an "ace type" pitcher for an outfielder with no pop and a young hitter without a real position. I like Gardner a lot and Montero will hit, but aces are almost always dealt for top young pitching prospects, which I don't see the Yankees moving right now. They need to get younger...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

If the ace is young, they may add one of their pitching prospects as well. Obviously this is all conjecture on my part, but they certainly have the pieces in place if they so desire.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Has Cespedes ever been drug tested?  His raw talent looks a little 'enhanced' to me.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

There was a comment on this very topic today here and I would expect that Zac would have seen it.

http://riveraveblues.com/

Sections
Shortcuts