Yogi gave secret signals to the manager and ----

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Yogi gave secret signals to the manager and ----

I can't see where that contravenes any rules, written or unwritten.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Makes sense to me.  And shows a lot of trust in Berra, by Stengel.  I should think Varitek deserves as much respect by Francona, in this regard...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

just my 2 cents. I think that what yogi did was totally the right thing to do. it's true. who else can tell when the pitcher is starting to lose his stuff better than the guy behind the plate. no problem from where I'm viewing this.

I got a feeling that this type of thing is going on all over mlb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Yogi gave secret signals to the manager and ----:
    just my 2 cents. I think that what yogi did was totally the right thing to do. it's true. who else can tell when the pitcher is starting to lose his stuff better than the guy behind the plate. no problem from where I'm viewing this. I got a feeling that this type of thing is going on all over mlb.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I agree, Hammah. I'd be shocked to find out a catcher doesn't do it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I would HOPE this is going on all over MLB.  Baseball is a team sport and everyone has do whatever they can to make the team successful.

There's an old saying that a manager doesn't need for the catcher to tell him when the pitcher has lost it, the hitters will tell ya.   

The option would be for Yogi (or any other catcher) to know the pitcher is losing his stuff and sit back and watch his team get shelled.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

Good baseball discusion MIQ

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I'm with niz, I imagine that sort of things goes on all the time.  Let's face it, when a manager comes to the mound and asks the pitcher how he feels, he isn't going to tell them he is done, not if he wants to pitch meaningful innings anymore.  Heck, the pitcher may actually believe he is still strong.  The catcher is the one who knows what is going on.  And if he can do it in such a way as not to embarrass or p'off the pitcher, all the better.  A good, experienced catcher anyway.  A young guy not that familiar with a staff may take some time to adjust, to learn the pitchers and the signs of when they are tiring. 

Sections
Shortcuts