You and Me Against the World............................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

You and Me Against the World............................

All quitters and losers get out of Red Sox team foxhole!

This team will rise from the September ashes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJAKmWAIKcY

Image Detail

Wakefield walks from the field after giving up the winning home run to New York Yankees Aaron Boone in the 11th inning of Game 7 of the American League Championship Series in New York on Oct. 17, 2003. Wakefield won two games in the series before giving up the infamous home run to Boone that sent the Yankees to the World Series.

David Ortiz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Re: You and Me Against the World............................

they will be lead by the reverse pivot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Take a good luck at that picture, supra. No reverse pivot will lead any title team. Ortiz will lead rise from September ashes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

RedSox will make the playoffs.
    Beckett/Lester available to pitch 4 of remaining games.

NY blanks Rays tonight.
    Never thought in April we'd be thanking NY in late September.
    That's crazy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

The New York Yankees have issued a statement for Red Sox fans after last night's game, which read:

"You're welcome! 
    (And thank you for rooting for us!)"

Hahahaha! (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

----------
    (Edit: Just added the quotation marks)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

In Response to Re: You and Me Against the World............................:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You and Me Against the World............................ : Except the "rooting for your team" has absolutely nothing to do with your team.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Yankees beating the Rays "helped" Boston, so for the remainder of the Yankees-Rays games the Yankees are "helping" the Red Sox get into the postseason.

---------
    If I may add, when the Red Sox face New York later this month, I'm betting that New York won't even play their regular lineup.
    I'm sure the Jays, with Farrell at their helm, will try to "help" Boston, too. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You and Me Against the World............................ : Yes, I'm aware that their win helped the Sox, just not sure you were. And if you believe that the Yankees will rest their starters to "help" Boston, I don't know what to say. Could be the Yankees want the Rays out as well. The Yankees help the Yankees. And Farrell hasn't done a single thing to "help" Boston in their games, so that's total propaganda. Now, you completely left out why you as a Yankee fan's alias refuse to identify yourself as a Yankee fan on a rival team's board -- actually deliberately cutting it out of your response. Why is that exactly?

I identified myself as a Yankees fan early on. I just didn't see the need to keep harping on it.

The Yankees will rest their starters to get ready for the playoffs and indirectly "help" Boston. I'm betting the Jays will not play Boston like the Orioles do.

I'm unsure why you want everyone to identify themselves as being the fan of one team or another. I try not to be offensive here and please check my posting history to see for yourself. So I don't see why I'm to be judged on my affiliation instead of my posts. But if me merely being a fan of New York offends you then I really can't do anything about it.

Anyway, I know it was a bad game and perhaps I was wrong to think that my attempt at humor would be taken in the spirit it was made.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You and Me Against the World............................ : I think posters should identify themselves as being a fan of their team because it slants your opinions. I've said on this board already, when your heart is in a different place, your opinions will follow. Btw, is identifying yourself early on mean 2006? Do you really think putting something in your profile would be harping on it? And if you're trying not to be offensive here, try using one screenname.

And have my posts been overly "slanted" because of my affiliation? I really don't think so. I've actually stated repeatedly this season that I think the Sox will make the playoffs. I didn't make fun of the Sox when they started the season horribly. I didn't celebrate injuries or defeats. I don't think I've ever gloated here.

I've never hid or misrepresented my affiliation here either.

Oh, why do you think I have more than one screenname? This is the only account I have here. As I'm sure you doubt the preceding statement, I give you express permission to trace my account to see if I'm telling the truth or not. (I'll give you a hint, I'm posting from Southeast Asia, as I've always had.) I'll even buy you a drink or two if you are lucky or unlucky (I'm not sure which) enough to find yourself in my country.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Take a good luck at that picture, supra. No reverse pivot will lead any title team. Ortiz will lead rise from September ashes.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]One thing we can agree about is that Senor Octubre is the man you want up when it counts the most.