You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock

Hi!

The Yanks fans are having fun because our bullpen is very
    awful right now. In fact, the aging Yanks stole one game
    from our bullpen last Saturday. And I got to admit> we 
    need to fix our bullpen inmediately... It was very painful
    to watch declining hitters like Nick Swisher and Mark Teixeira 
    pounding our bullpen last Saturday. In other words.... 
    we're not talking about Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder...
    we're talking about Nick Teixeira and Mark Swisher.
    Definitely, we got a very serious issue we our bullpen.

But the good news is that the American League East is
    wide open this year. The Rays are not the Rangers. The
    aging Yanks will make some noise, but they won't be able 
    to turn the clock back ths year. These old bodies will 
    succumb due to wear and tear. In my opinion, the Yanks
    are a longshot. The Blue Jays have an outside chance.
    So sit back & relax... the horses are still in the starting
    gate... It's April 23. Am I right ? I am  not ready to raise
    the white flag. Not Yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock

Some good news for the yanks, Joba Chamberlain is coming to New York next week. He’ll see Dr. Ahmad on Thursday just to have his ankle checked out, and he should be with the team over the weekend. He’s been throwing with his leg on a stool. Girardi said he’s been doing that for a while now and looks better than Garcia. He also likely will beat Pineda back from his injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock:
    [QUOTE]Some good news for the yanks,  Joba Chamberlain is coming to New York next week. He’ll see Dr. Ahmad on Thursday just to have his ankle checked out, and he should be with the team over the weekend. He’s been throwing with his leg on a stool. Girardi said he’s been doing that for a while now and looks better than Garcia. He also likely will beat Pineda back from his injury.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the update. THE Yanks Nation is very happy about
    this good news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Also Andy has received limited liability in his Clemens testimony requirements.
    Someone's looking out for the yanks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]Also Andy has received limited liability in his Clemens testimony requirements. Someone's looking out for the yanks.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]
    So the Yanks are having a great day today... on the field
    and off the field.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : So the Yanks are having a great day today... on the field and off the field.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE]

Final from Texas Yankees 7 Rangers 4.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : Final from Texas Yankees 7 Rangers 4.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]
    We know that.. the Yanks stole one game in Texas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : We know that.. the Yanks stole one game in Texas.

Yeah as the Sox did from the Twinkies.

And how did your team do against Texas at home in Fenway (Lester, Beckett)?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I wish they would hurry up and bench old man Jeter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

In Response to You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock:
    [QUOTE]Hi! The Yanks fans are having fun because our bullpen is very awful right now. In fact, the aging Yanks stole one game from our bullpen last Saturday. And I got to admit /> we  need to fix our bullpen inmediately... It was very painful to watch declining hitters like Nick Swisher and Mark Teixeira  pounding our bullpen last Saturday. In other words....  we're not talking about Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder... we're talking about Nick Teixeira and Mark Swisher. Definitely, we got a very serious issue we our bullpen. But the good news is that the American League East is wide open this year. The Rays are not the Rangers. The aging Yanks will make some noise, but they won't be able  to turn the clock back ths year. These old bodies will  succumb due to wear and tear. In my opinion, the Yanks are a longshot. The Blue Jays have an outside chance. So sit back & relax... the horses are still in the starting gate... It's April 23. Am I right ? I am  not ready to raise the white flag. Not Yet.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE]  Knowledgeable Yankee fans have been having fun at the Sox expense for the last several years.  That team has not had a solid, complete and consistent bullpen since 2007 and look at the results.   The Yankees, on the other hand, consistently win the AL East largely because of their bullpen.  It allows them the luxury of shortening the game with starters not named Sabathia often only having to go 5 or 6 innings deep to win games.  The pen can even make pitching dinosaurs like the Freddy Garcias and Bartolo Colons of the world competent.   

The Sox had a very strong tandem the last couple of years with Papelbon and Bard, both of whom somewhat masked the fact that the other arms were often unreliable.  Unfortunately both relievers, especially Bard (look at his horrific numbers in September), came up short in September when it really counted and team missed the postseason once again.  There were team wide issues of course with position players and starters, but the bullpen, other than Aceves, came up small at the worst possible time.  The troika of Albers, Jenks and Wheeler was brought in to fix the bullpen.  How did that work out as they say given the benefit of hindsight?  This year Bailey and Melancon were "supposed" to be the anchors of the bullpen.  That's not working out either so far. 

There's no question that the bullpen will get better (wosrt in the game) than it has been so far this year, but make no mistake that barring a major shakeup, this is going to be an area of concern for the foreseeable future.   Forcing Bard back out there against his wishes, having Melancon fix his mechanics and get his confidence back to be an adequate set up guy and pushing Aceves back in his comfortable role likely kicking and screaming as he does are on the table, however, change sometimes comes at a price.    

A final note in case you have missed it, the so-called "aging Yankees" are playing like they are in their prime (Jeter, Granderson, Swisher, Rodriquez and Teixeira are all off to anywhere from great to decent starts).   I don't know how the Youks, Byrds and Crawfords will do this year, but the early returns are not all that encouraging.  They are not necessarily that old, but certainly are playing like they are "aging" quickly.  Last year Crawford looked more like a Ricky Henderson  or Tim Raines in his 40's than a guy who should be in his prime.  We shall see!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : Yeah as the Sox did from the Twinkies. And how did your team do against Texas at home in Fenway (Lester, Beckett)?
    RELAX... no one is picking Washington or the White Sox
    to win their division.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : RELAX... no one is picking Washington or the White Sox to win their division.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE] i'm going to go ahead and assume you knew the Nats' play in the NL?...Sealed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to "Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : We know that.. the Yanks stole one game in Texas. Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE] Just borrowing a game. They'll give it back in October

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : i'm going to go ahead and assume you knew the Nats' play in the NL?...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    Actually, the Yanks are a great team in April, May, June, July, etc.
    But they forget how to play baseball in OCTOBER.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : Actually, the Yanks are a great team in April, May, June, July, etc. But they forget how to play baseball in OCTOBER.

Really? And who is in second behind 27 WS championships?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock": Just borrowing a game. They'll give it back in October
    Posted by MikeNagy stilleatsworms[/QUOTE]

For the record the Rangers were 2-7 versus the Yankees in 2011.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : For the record the Rangers were 2-7 versus the Yankees in 2011.
    For the record... The Rangers reached the WS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : For the record... The Rangers reached the WS.

And lost.

Thanks for the update.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock:
    [QUOTE]Hi! The Yanks fans are having fun because our bullpen is very awful right now. In fact, the aging Yanks stole one game from our bullpen last Saturday. And I got to admit /> we  need to fix our bullpen inmediately... It was very painful to watch declining hitters like Nick Swisher and Mark Teixeira  pounding our bullpen last Saturday. In other words....  we're not talking about Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder... we're talking about Nick Teixeira and Mark Swisher. Definitely, we got a very serious issue we our bullpen. But the good news is that the American League East is wide open this year. The Rays are not the Rangers. The aging Yanks will make some noise, but they won't be able  to turn the clock back ths year. These old bodies will  succumb due to wear and tear. In my opinion, the Yanks are a longshot. The Blue Jays have an outside chance. So sit back & relax... the horses are still in the starting gate... It's April 23. Am I right ? I am  not ready to raise the white flag. Not Yet.

You seem like you like a good joke, heres a good laugh for you, on me.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoor.....sox-and-hi

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : And lost. Thanks for the update.
    At least, despite having a negative record against the Yanks,
    the Rangers reached the WS last year... that's my point. The
    aging Yanks can't compete with good teams in October.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : At least, despite having a negative record against the Yanks, the Rangers reached the WS last year... that's my point. The aging Yanks can't compete with good teams in October.

Who in all of baseball has a better record than the Yankees in October?

I understand your point, the problem is that it has no merit and you obviously not bright enough to understand.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can fix your bullpen, but you can't turn back the clock : At least, despite having a negative record against the Yanks, the Rangers reached the WS last year... that's my point. The aging Yanks can't compete with good teams in October.

Here's a tough for you, which AL team was the last to win a WS Championship?

Hint. It wasn't the Rangers (or your Red Sox).

Sections
Shortcuts