You have to like that young left handed TOMMY LAYNE ?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

You have to like that young left handed TOMMY LAYNE ?????

Again ,, Ben & the OPPs people just keep pulling that bullpen out of the air !!!   What say you ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: You have to like that young left handed TOMMY LAYNE ?????

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again ,, Ben & the OPPs people just keep pulling that bullpen out of the air !!!   What say you ????

[/QUOTE]

I like our starting rortation even better tha I did the old one. Layne does not have the stuff Miller has, but he'll do. Maybe a bit more consistent tan Mille who, by the way, will be a very good starting pitcher one of these days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like our starting rortation even better tha I did the old one. Layne does not have the stuff Miller has, but he'll do. Maybe a bit more consistent tan Mille who, by the way, will be a very good starting pitcher one of these days.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree on Miller.  He is a 2 pitch pitcher.  He has found his niche as a 7th-8th inning guy.  He reportedly loved playing in Boston and it would not be at all shocking to see him resign with the Red Sox next year.  He is far more likely to return than Lester.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Disagree on Miller.  He is a 2 pitch pitcher.  He has found his niche as a 7th-8th inning guy.  He reportedly loved playing in Boston and it would not be at all shocking to see him resign with the Red Sox next year.  He is far more likely to return than Lester.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, generally speaking every reliever is just a failed starter.  You could have 2 really really good pitches that can keep hitters off balance and make you look like an ace on the mound for a couple innings, but if you don't have that 3rd and 4th pitch you will get eaten alive the 3rd and 4th time through an order.

Miller fits this perfect description.  Anyone who thinks Miller can be a starter is focusing on his results in small inning stints and failing to realize the reality of why he is a reliever in the first place. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Before he made it to the Sox roster Layne was tearing it up at Pawtucket. In 48 IP he had an ERA of 1.50 and a WHIP of 1.021. Its no surprise he is doing well in the majors.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Before he made it to the Sox roster Layne was tearing it up at Pawtucket. In 48 IP he had an ERA of 1.50 and a WHIP of 1.021. Its no surprise he is doing well in the majors.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]"How ya going to keep him down on the farm"  !!!

Sections
Shortcuts