You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball

Let's be honest here, you know the Yankees want no part of seeing the Red Sox in the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball

guess they do, who would you rather play, Tampa or the Sox, its a no-brainer
    Tampa is leading the Yankees now because their team is hungry, ours is full of the over paid egos of the past years

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball:
    Let's be honest here, you know the Yankees want no part of seeing the Red Sox in the playoffs.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988
    I don't know he has the 
    A line up out there. Plus did us right on sunday night not pinch hitting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball:
    guess they do, who would you rather play, Tampa or the Sox, its a no-brainer Tampa is leading the Yankees now because their team is hungry, ours is full of the over paid egos of the past years
    Posted by redsoxfanmoncton

I agree but we also have to understand that all pressure is off if the Sox can make the playoffs.  It's a fresh start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Considering the Sox efforts of late, I doubt the Yankees are too concerned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

what gave it away

sundays 14 inning game with arod & jeter on the bench

or tonights line up with all but 1 reg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : what gave it away sundays 14 inning game with arod & jeter on the bench or tonights line up with all but 1 reg
    Posted by pinstripezac32

They have to play their regulars tonight so that they aren't all going into the postseason with 3 days rest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

You are crazy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : They have to play their regulars tonight so that they aren't all going into the postseason with 3 days rest.

most times teams just play them for 1 or 2 AB's

or at least that's what the yanks have done in the past

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : most times teams just play them for 1 or 2 AB's or at least that's what the yanks have done in the past
    Posted by pinstripezac32

watching the Yankee game? Multi-tasking? Trolling also?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : They have to play their regulars tonight so that they aren't all going into the postseason with 3 days rest.

What about the fact the Yankees won 3 of 4 from TB last wk? Or, in that 14th inning on Sunday, Girardi brought in Scott DOUBLE DIGIT ERA Proctor? If he wanted the RS out, why would he do those things?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : What about the fact the Yankees won 3 of 4 from TB last wk? Or, in that 14th inning on Sunday, Girardi brought in Scott DOUBLE DIGIT ERA Proctor? If he wanted the RS out, why would he do those things?
    Posted by nhsteven

Maybe because they were still fighting for the best record in the AL so that they could get home field in the ALCS?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : What about the fact the Yankees won 3 of 4 from TB last wk? Or, in that 14th inning on Sunday, Girardi brought in Scott DOUBLE DIGIT ERA Proctor? If he wanted the RS out, why would he do those things?
    Posted by nhsteven

Because that is what Red Sox fan does, makes excuses, blames everyone else for a team that is not really very good.  Red Sox fan was thinking of going to the World Series, now the reality is setting in that the only place they will be going in October is to the local flea market as their wives lead them around looking for bargins.  Hey Red Sox fan when your there why don't you see if they have any starting pitchers at a discount. Offseason starts tomorrow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

I'll end the argument... that would never happen. Meaning a manager of a playoff team (who is trying to sharpen his sword and build confidence in his players) would ever tell a reliever to blow a game. Never.

I love how fans know exactly how players and managers think. Honestly do you know who you know who to think like? A fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

I'll end the argument... that would never happen. Meaning a manager of a playoff team (who is trying to sharpen his sword and build confidence in his players) would ever tell a reliever to blow a game. Never. I love how fans know exactly how players and managers think. Honestly do you know who you know who to think like? A fan.
    Posted by Wolfpack13

You are correct. This whole idea of Girardi telling his pitcher to lose a game purposely because the Yankees are afraid of the Sox is nonsense. Girardi should be more concerned about facing the Tampa Bay pitchers in the playoffs than facing the Sox pitchers. That is of course if the Yankees even make it past the 1st round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Hate to say it but kind of lame to try to lay the blame for the Sox and their WC situation at the feet of the Yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Really SPC - you don't have a better thread to start than this? Girardi brought Mo into the game in the 8th inning. Yanks were not laying down tonight.
    If not for the fluke 6-4-3 Triple Play; Rays would be down and out right now.

Congrats on your win, now do it again tomorrow, because tomorrow will be a lay down.

This thread is going to make me think that you truly are not the smartest poster on this forum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

What about Girardi telling that catcher to hit into a triple play?

(By the way, I am being sarcastic.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

To say the Yankees fear the Red Sox right now is beyond absurd.  Anything can happen and I hope it does but what are you seeing about this limping lethargic team that tells you we are going to be the Yankees worst nightmare.

By the way we would have to get through the Rangers to play the Yankees.  Let alone Tampa on Friday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Regardless of who the Yankees might prefer to face in the ALCS , to accuse Girardi of deliberately throwing the game is preposterous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : Really SPC - you don't have a better thread to start than this? Girardi brought Mo into the game in the 8th inning. Yanks were not laying down tonight. If not for the fluke 6-4-3 Triple Play; Rays would be down and out right now. Congrats on your win, now do it again tomorrow, because tomorrow will be a lay down. This thread is going to make me think that you truly are not the smartest poster on this forum.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Hey Jess ... this is so weird rooting for you guys! Though I'll confess, I did kinda  pull for NYY in the 2001 World Series for obvious reasons.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

One should not be a closet Yankee fan and pretend that he resides in Concord, NH. That is juvenile.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

No chance Girardi told him to throw a meatball.  The Red Sox arms don't scare anyone right now but Lavarnway has a pulse!  I like the Yankees chances tomorrow night, of course I liked them tonight...then came the triple play.  I bet they both lose tomorrow that wouldnt suprise me the way this has gone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

FYI - I once again have to thank SPC. Following several of his predictions, my winnings allowed me to restore an old Triumph Bonneville 750.

Thanks my friend.

FYI - if you want to make money, bet against anything and everything SPC states.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

FYI - I once again have to thank SPC. Following several of his predictions, my winnings allowed me to restore an old Triumph Bonneville 750. Thanks my friend. FYI - if you want to make money, bet against anything and everything SPC states.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Jessey, you just keep riding that mindset.  You're wrong.  I'm one of the few brilliant minds on this forum.

Sections
Shortcuts